How do I do better in the late game?

Moderator: PhilipJFry

How do I do better in the late game?

Postby Evan_ » 05 Oct 2016, 23:00

I find I usually do well in the early game, grabbing all the reclaim, getting mexes upgraded quickly and spamming torps, tanks, mmls, or something to help my team (also after you guys helped me on raiding I'm better protected). Then by the time the t3 stage comes I'm usually in a good spot with my ras, antinuke, and other fun stuff.

But by 30 minutes in I'm starting to fall behind again. all of my t2 units are now useless against the trillions of monkeylords and everyone seems to have these massive economies that can build everything they want. The game either ends with us getting rolled because the other speedbuilt a salvation or a victory where my stuff is too far away to do anything meaningful. I'm taking advantage of adjacency, I'm reclaiming all of my t1/2 pgens and unneeded stuff, I'm using all the overflow to build giant fab farms and ras commanders, and I'm building everything one at a time. so how the heck do people build scathis (or other stuff) before I've even built a novax?
Evan_

Has liked: 65 times
Been liked: 80 times
FAF User Name: Evan_

Re: How do I do better in the late game?

Postby Lieutenant Lich » 06 Oct 2016, 02:46

EvanGalea wrote:...before I've even built a novax?

that is your problem. Novax in its current state is nearly useless. You should build what's useful. Novax' usefulness is limited to mex sniping on large maps (20x20 or bigger), perhaps suiciding into some high value target (e.g. SMD/SML) and denying reclaim (to a degree). Compare that to Fatboy being an amphibious, unit building battleship (to bomb your enemy) or Atlantis being a T4 sub that builds T3 air (to win air control or to snipe the enemy ACU)...
Don't complain about that which you aren't willing to change.

My mod:
viewtopic.php?f=67&t=12864
Lieutenant Lich
Evaluator

Has liked: 992 times
Been liked: 818 times

Re: How do I do better in the late game?

Postby biass » 06 Oct 2016, 03:30

EvanGalea wrote:...by 30 minutes in I'm starting to fall behind again. all of my t2 units are now useless...

found your issue, you probably eco to to t2 mexes and then stop

just do t3, dude stop useless t2 and go t3, make some t3 engy for like a t3 pgen and maybe some sams and then make other shit like t3 mexes, then you can build however many novax you want

also give replay to watch
Map thread: https://bit.ly/2PBsa5H

Petricpwnz wrote:biass on his campaign to cleanse and remake every single map of FAF because he is an untolerating reincarnation of mapping hitler
biass
Contributor

Has liked: 598 times
Been liked: 662 times
FAF User Name: biass

Return to Tactics/strategy help