Early bombers, especally sera and aeon

Moderator: PhilipJFry

Early bombers, especally sera and aeon

Postby Masyaka » 11 Aug 2016, 10:00

its default for me to build tons of engineers at the beginning to eco hard, and in 1-2 minutes comes 1-2 bombers and bombs all that swarm and pgens that they built, including power storages. Though not a big eco waste, but buildpower is a sad thing, and then tons of gens not very close to each other worth time building them. Building stationary AA not gonna help alot, they will always come in and drop a bomb, building interceptors in 1-2 minutes should be air players, 1 intie cant drop a bomber till it drops a bomb into my swarm. What can i do to not let them drop bombs into my engis?
Masyaka
Priest

Has liked: 121 times
Been liked: 5 times
FAF User Name: Rok-Weiler

Re: Early bombers, especally sera and aeon

Postby angus000 » 11 Aug 2016, 11:09

You must be talking about first bomber. As soon as you see it, you need to make mobile AA and spread out your engies/buildings so as to reduce the damage done by the bomber until you're done killing it. Also, it's always good to make a t1 land scout after your first 2-3 engies to send it at the front lines so you can see any incoming units, be them bombers, labs or tanks, that way you should reduce the damage even further.

Also, "making air is air player's job". That's just wrong. Having your own air factory and/or interceptors is incredibly useful. You shouldn't rely on your air player just to kill an occasional bomber or to scout for you every time you need it. As a general rule, you should always build a t1 air factory to at least make scout unless you are going full land rush.
angus000

Has liked: 111 times
Been liked: 39 times
FAF User Name: flexible

Postby Masyaka » 11 Aug 2016, 16:02

angus000 wrote:You must be talking about first bomber. As soon as you see it, you need to make mobile AA and spread out your engies/buildings so as to reduce the damage done by the bomber until you're done killing it. Also, it's always good to make a t1 land scout after your first 2-3 engies to send it at the front lines so you can see any incoming units, be them bombers, labs or tanks, that way you should reduce the damage even further.

Also, "making air is air player's job". That's just wrong. Having your own air factory and/or interceptors is incredibly useful. You shouldn't rely on your air player just to kill an occasional bomber or to scout for you every time you need it. As a general rule, you should always build a t1 air factory to at least make scout unless you are going full land rush.

my landfac buildorder is

1 scout
20 engineers

first bomber is supposted to bomb expanding engineers, i have 2-4 of them, but they can also bomb the ones that leave in base and eco, i dont want to loose 16 engineers just cause didnt made any MAA, MAA is also useless as hell, likely 16 DPS is stupid and maa gets killed easily as engineers, ill make maa next time, stationary maa is times better but still cant cover your base from boms that drops before the plane is taken out.

I also want to get scouts, because all the time i play gap or other "turtle" maps mid players gettin TML or corsair sniped because air players nevermind about scouting, though building 1 airfac and -5 mass eventually is a giant loss to their RAS rush...
Masyaka
Priest

Postby Masyaka » 11 Aug 2016, 16:12

i eco hard, im asking what can i do with that fact. If there such a thing possible
Last edited by Masyaka on 11 Aug 2016, 16:14, edited 1 time in total.
Masyaka
Priest

Postby Myxir » 11 Aug 2016, 16:14

eco when the situation allows it, not when you want to. if you don't invest in defense units/buildings, you can not blame the attacking unit
Unhappy with balance http://i.imgur.com/q5G2BlM.png
Myxir
Evaluator

Has liked: 94 times
Been liked: 306 times
FAF User Name: Washy (irc)

Postby Masyaka » 11 Aug 2016, 16:15

Myxir wrote:eco when the situation allows it, not when you want to. if you don't invest in defense units/buildings, you can not blame the attacking unit

after i get 4-6 mexes and +150-250 energy income i upgrade to T2 mexes,i still can pause it and go for AA or PD, altrough a bomb wont wait for me to construct an AA and eat my engineers.
Masyaka
Priest

Postby biass » 11 Aug 2016, 16:16

Quick, a bomber is coming!
How do you react:
A): Make any form of AA and kill the bomber
B): Ping it so a friend who does have some air can kill the bomber
C): Cry on forums

hm
Map thread: https://bit.ly/2PBsa5H

Petricpwnz wrote:biass on his campaign to cleanse and remake every single map of FAF because he is an untolerating reincarnation of mapping hitler
biass
Contributor

Has liked: 598 times
Been liked: 662 times
FAF User Name: biass

Postby Masyaka » 11 Aug 2016, 16:18

biass wrote:Quick, a bomber is coming!
How do you react:
A): Make any form of AA and kill the bomber
B): Ping it so a friend who does have some air can kill the bomber
C): Cry on forums

hm

A)no engineers, no buildpower
B)no time or no air players
c) indeed
Masyaka
Priest

Postby ZLO_RD » 11 Aug 2016, 16:20

Just get radar/good air scout coverage, gen interceptors as well.
I am not pro gap player but in teamgame at least one player must build t1 inties to stop exactly this kind of bombers.

Your t1 air guy should kill bombers for some time, even if he loses air at least he bought you alot of time.
Early t1 aa hurts eco to much, the later you build it the better. You may even be able to make t2 flack by that time (tho it maybe early for it and t1 aa can do fine too, idk)

Edit: just simple fact of you not having aa or inties/air fac instantly triggers enemy to build some bombers and scouts, even if you loose air when you have 1-5 inties you can shot down bombers, better loose that intie than loose radars and engies (tho not always but I hope you get the point)
Last edited by ZLO_RD on 11 Aug 2016, 16:24, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.youtube.com/user/dimatularus
http://www.twitch.tv/zlo_rd
TA4Life: "At the very least we are not slaves to the UI"
ZLO_RD
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 303 times
Been liked: 400 times
FAF User Name: ZLO

Postby biass » 11 Aug 2016, 16:20

Typically if you are paying attention you will make aa before bomber kills you
also, ur acu = buildpower also
Map thread: https://bit.ly/2PBsa5H

Petricpwnz wrote:biass on his campaign to cleanse and remake every single map of FAF because he is an untolerating reincarnation of mapping hitler
biass
Contributor

Has liked: 598 times
Been liked: 662 times
FAF User Name: biass

Next

Return to Tactics/strategy help