Sera T2

Moderator: PhilipJFry

Sera T2

Postby Optical_Ilyushin » 23 Jul 2016, 06:28

As a new faf player at a measly 142, i always felt as seraphim that the transition from t1 to t2 ilshi spam is rocky. Is that because of the high mass cost and/or the build time or am i ecoing inefficiently?
Any other thoughts?
Optical_Ilyushin

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: Optical_Ilyushin

Re: Sera T2

Postby Masyaka » 23 Jul 2016, 11:12

1) sera units = expensive but healthy and powerfull
2)not sure you can get enough mass income to make 1 chicken/10 secs at 10 minutes

but if you get it right in time when the enemy dont have a full T2 PD wall you can easily flood and kill his ACU, 2500 HP is a big amout to survive likely 10PDs (150 DPS each) shooting at 1 unit :)

Sera has the best T2 unit, its giant HP and good DPS beats any other unit. Its like T3 titan of UEF, but with little smaller HP and DPS. But instead of titan you cant call a chicken "raiding" bot.
Masyaka
Priest

Has liked: 121 times
Been liked: 5 times
FAF User Name: Rok-Weiler

Postby Halwarthe » 23 Jul 2016, 16:47

To answer your question, Ilyushin, it depends on how fast and how aggressively the change to T2 is happening in this situation. Mostly can point out the Mass cost (I could call it an innefficiency, but you can decide for yourself). The opponent is actually part of it too. If Ilshavohs are replacing T1 tanks then consider that a non-Sera force is able to build their own T2s in twice as many numbers for similar Mass as the Sera T2 AB (assault bot). This means that with time, Sera unit numbers in the field can be greatly diminished, especially by an all-or-nothing AB effort, even if none are lost and battle starts off okay. One T2 MEx will provide enough Mass per minute to build exactly one Ilshavoh (or 2 T2s/7 T1s of different type), so T2 MExs should be a high priority if you want the fullest transition to Sera T2 ABs and to keep your "efficiency" high. Numbers can still drag ABs down.
I've found that treating ABs like a heavy tank and mixing them with light tanks is smoother, like one or two heavies assembled for every 3-5 T1 units (tanks, arty). That's how you might avoid the resource trap it sets for you, if Mass output is not great enough for massed Ilshavohs yet, but enough Mass to get started.

Hope that solves your question and helps strategize for future games!

(btw, don't need T2 PDs to stop ABs; its close, but T1 PDs can do fine--best if a bank shows up as a suprise)
Halwarthe

FAF User Name: Halwarthe

Postby biass » 24 Jul 2016, 04:51

y e n z i n e

chuck us a repay and i can tell you what the issue is boi
Map thread: https://bit.ly/2PBsa5H

Petricpwnz wrote:biass on his campaign to cleanse and remake every single map of FAF because he is an untolerating reincarnation of mapping hitler
biass
Contributor

Has liked: 598 times
Been liked: 662 times
FAF User Name: biass

Postby Optical_Ilyushin » 24 Jul 2016, 06:21

Thank you for the responses! I suppose that i was correct with the mass differences. But i haven't seen many people using the t2 hover tanks. I know they are rather fast, but that would warrant their use as a raiding option. i guess i will have to try that once.
Optical_Ilyushin

FAF User Name: Optical_Ilyushin

Postby Masyaka » 24 Jul 2016, 08:38

Optical_Ilyushin wrote:Thank you for the responses! I suppose that i was correct with the mass differences. But i haven't seen many people using the t2 hover tanks. I know they are rather fast, but that would warrant their use as a raiding option. i guess i will have to try that once.

i think you can spam iishavohs only when you have +200 mass income or smth. Doing it early in full power is impossible.
Masyaka
Priest

Has liked: 121 times
Been liked: 5 times
FAF User Name: Rok-Weiler

Postby Halwarthe » 24 Jul 2016, 09:50

Glad to be of service - I live for questions like this. I'd observe a replay on this too if my comp wasn't a cold heap of slag right now (will rebuild faster, better, taking that lesson from FAF...). I can offer this much for now, though. Play some ggs for a fallen brother in the meantime, would you?

Always remember that if Ilshavohs take twice the Mass to build as a "normal" T2 unit, you're allowed half as many mistakes when they meet in battle, if that. You need a resource advantage to keep your numbers up and at least match opposing forces in power, so if Ilshavohs are to be used early, my first action would be to secure more territory and branch out before a hard counter is ready against them. T2 ABs have a strong weapon cycle and are made to brawl, although they can be out-ranged. I've thought that small amounts of MMLs in the build mix could give supporting fire to damage mobile enemy units and minimize the time (and damage) Ilshavohs take as they sweep through the area. Haven't proven it to myself yet, but it could reduce problems when it comes down to maintaining enough to get a critical mass formed up. Their wrecks are a real prize on a skirmish line, and it might be worth setting random PDs in debris fields to be sure only your engineers can reclaim them, otherwise. Each of these things would seem to increase in importance proportional to map size/expansion opportunities.

Any other questions, speculatation, I'll be around to take a shot at it...
Halwarthe

Postby biass » 24 Jul 2016, 10:34

its best not to bother with mmls or such early on because if you make mml for a very niche purpose incase something happens you could have more ilshy instead, try and make units to counter what your enemy is doing (or plans to do)

i really need some replay so i can see what your issue is, because im not sure if you really rushing for ilshy or just making the transition some other time
but if you're going to try for t2 you're more likely going to stop t1 and assist the fac so you get it up really fast

here is a replay of my horrible play but i think it's what you want, i wouldnt copy me though, just take in the examples

some really horrible misinfo you kacks are spreading
Attachments
4972041.fafreplay
(45.54 KiB) Downloaded 104 times

Petricpwnz wrote:biass on his campaign to cleanse and remake every single map of FAF because he is an untolerating reincarnation of mapping hitler
biass
Contributor

Postby Halwarthe » 24 Jul 2016, 11:42

As I said, small numbers of MMLs are all thats needed in the mix to try it and by no means proven. However its also a calculated choice made for another reason. MMLs can help Sera win in other ways than doing damage if opponent can be caused to overeact with TMD, shields or anything else to drain them, all because of a few missiles. This can add up as enough Mass and/or Energy wasted through unneeded structures to offset that the Sera pay more per Ilshavoh, which is the main point, a means of compensating. This may make them more viable in a T2 move by Seraphim, when it works.
When the MML's purpose is served, it is self-destructed and reclaimed (it only needs one good kill to be very cost effective here). You're out build time and Energy, but get the MML Mass back. Your opponent's resources are commited to their (largely forced) reaction, while the Sera player's are conciously adaptable to suit their next move, whether it involves Ilshavohs on land or not. It
Have to consider from all angles, as the unit type ignored may be exactly the trick to win.
Halwarthe

Postby biass » 24 Jul 2016, 11:52

thats the thing isnt it

if you go for a ilshy rush enemy is not going to have t2 at all when your units first come out, maybe only t1 pd for a building, and ilshy or even zooey can eat it easy

if they also rush t2 but instead use it to make pds? i would consider them dead unless you play awful

i think you write a bit too much and make people reading it overthink, when tbh none of you would really be thinking about that sort of stuff when you're actually playing

biass
Contributor

Next

Return to Tactics/strategy help