Finishing off an opposing team

Moderator: PhilipJFry

Re: Finishing off an opposing team

Postby Astrofoo » 07 May 2016, 04:57

Sometime even if i'm way behind in eco and in army; i will still fake push, and play aggresive only that my opponent keep focusing on army micro, and don't feel safe. Then i will be able to snipe him (like with corsair) because he forgot to go T2 or to build many shield or even scout...... - keyser

This reminds me of a Sun Tzu quote:

"Some battles must be fought even if defeat is a certainty, while other battles must be avoided even if victory is guaranteed."
"So now everything without a shield is gonna die, and everything with a shield is gonna die a little later." -TA4Life on the Mavor
Astrofoo
Contributor

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 8 times
FAF User Name: Astrofoo911

Postby Lieutenant Lich » 07 May 2016, 18:41

Dat signature tho...
Don't complain about that which you aren't willing to change.

My mod:
viewtopic.php?f=67&t=12864
Lieutenant Lich
Evaluator

Has liked: 992 times
Been liked: 818 times

Postby Morax » 06 Jun 2016, 22:32

The best idea is to go for nuke/t3 arty as soon as possible or use devastating units like a missile ship. The natural fortification of Dual Gap is quite difficult to overcome so you need the most powerful weapons in the game to hit hard.

I played a few Dual Gaps just for fun to see what it's like and I agree wholeheartedly with your observations.

Also, you will want to adapt based on what your team is doing. If you notice everyone is going for large armies and taking territory, sit back and eco up like crazy to get the "big toys"; if you notice that more people are going for big ecos, add some army with less ecoing to balance out your team's strengths/weaknesses.

This is not very easy as the coordination between 6 people is tough, but learn to read a player's path forward and sometimes observing your team rather your enemy makes for a better plan.
Maps and Modifications Councilor

M&M Discord Channel

Come join us and help create content with the artists of FAF.
Morax
Councillor - Maps and Mods

Has liked: 1167 times
Been liked: 662 times
FAF User Name: Morax

Postby Lieutenant Lich » 08 Jun 2016, 01:59

Violence wrote:This is not very easy as the coordination between 6 people is tough, but learn to read a player's path forward and sometimes observing your team rather your enemy makes for a better plan.

This is why I try to play mostly with my friends - we have our moves ready and we trust each other. If you do not have friends with you, figure out a leader amongst yourselves quickly from the start.
Don't complain about that which you aren't willing to change.

My mod:
viewtopic.php?f=67&t=12864
Lieutenant Lich
Evaluator

Has liked: 992 times
Been liked: 818 times

Postby biass » 08 Jun 2016, 02:10

or teamkill them for mexes
Map thread: https://bit.ly/2PBsa5H

Petricpwnz wrote:biass on his campaign to cleanse and remake every single map of FAF because he is an untolerating reincarnation of mapping hitler
biass
Contributor

Has liked: 598 times
Been liked: 662 times
FAF User Name: biass

Postby TheKoopa » 08 Jun 2016, 02:12

or reclaim their stuff
Feather: I am usually pretty good in judging people's abilities, intelligence and motives

Evildrew: Just because I didnt choose you for my team last year doesnt give you the right to be all bitchy and negative about my proposal
TheKoopa
Contributor

Has liked: 172 times
Been liked: 225 times
FAF User Name: Gently-

Previous

Return to Tactics/strategy help