Countering gun commander as Aeon

Moderator: PhilipJFry

Countering gun commander as Aeon

Postby Evan_ » 19 Mar 2016, 23:35

When I play Aeon, auroras are awesome in the early t1 phase because of their range. But a commander with the gun upgrade can outrange auroras AND destroy that in one hit. Combine that with some light artillery to remove point defense and overcharge to smash early T2 PD and vet up, and I really don't see much Aeon can do. Even mass swarms of Auroras just get grinded to dust, and at this rank most players I face will just micro around fervor's low AoE.

I've tried going for gun commander of my own but it only seems to let me draw at best with other ACU. Even though I scout as much as possible, it's still hard to pick up if my opponent is going for gun on micro intensive maps like Open Palms or Syrtis major, and by the time I spam enough PD he has out money'ed me enough to put me at a big disadvantage.

What is the best course of action if I'm Aeon and a guncom shows up?
Evan_

Has liked: 65 times
Been liked: 80 times
FAF User Name: Evan_

Re: Countering gun commander as Aeon

Postby Lieutenant Lich » 20 Mar 2016, 00:22

[quote="EvanGalea"]What is the best course of action if I'm Aeon and a guncom shows up?[/quote]

Interesting question. Have you tried rushing gun yourself?
Last edited by Lieutenant Lich on 01 May 2016, 01:07, edited 2 times in total.
Don't complain about that which you aren't willing to change.

My mod:
viewtopic.php?f=67&t=12864
Lieutenant Lich
Evaluator

Has liked: 992 times
Been liked: 818 times

Postby biass » 20 Mar 2016, 06:26

Spoiler: show
walking in to overcharge t2 pds? some balls on that dude

Aeon typically has the best 'gun' because there are two somewhat cheaper guns that give it both double rate of fire and massive range, normally that will be enough to ward off some guncom, otherwise you just need more pds or something
Map thread: https://bit.ly/2PBsa5H

Petricpwnz wrote:biass on his campaign to cleanse and remake every single map of FAF because he is an untolerating reincarnation of mapping hitler
biass
Contributor

Has liked: 598 times
Been liked: 662 times
FAF User Name: biass

Postby JaggedAppliance » 20 Mar 2016, 09:48

EvanGalea wrote:When I play Aeon, auroras are awesome in the early t1 phase because of their range. But a commander with the gun upgrade can outrange auroras AND destroy that in one hit. Combine that with some light artillery to remove point defense and overcharge to smash early T2 PD and vet up, and I really don't see much Aeon can do. Even mass swarms of Auroras just get grinded to dust, and at this rank most players I face will just micro around fervor's low AoE.

I've tried going for gun commander of my own but it only seems to let me draw at best with other ACU. Even though I scout as much as possible, it's still hard to pick up if my opponent is going for gun on micro intensive maps like Open Palms or Syrtis major, and by the time I spam enough PD he has out money'ed me enough to put me at a big disadvantage.

What is the best course of action if I'm Aeon and a guncom shows up?

Guncom is a popular choice vs Aeon so you should be expecting it and watching for it. Getting your own double gun aeon com is the best option really. When fighting com vs com you need to keep your units behind your com and shoot at his units. You can also stop or at least slow down a com with t2 pds. That's kinda hard on an open map like palms but should be fine on syrtis, just put pds on the choke his com is coming to. If you want to do pds then you can get t2 + rate of fire gun upgrade on the com which is quite nice to allow your com to defend the pds.

If you only notice the gun com when it's already killing your stuff then you are in some trouble, better rush gun and just retreat away from it with your units, don't fight it without your guncom.
"and remember, u are a noob, u don’t have any rights to disagree" - Destructor

My Youtube channel with casts > https://www.youtube.com/c/jaggedappliance
My Twitch > https://www.twitch.tv/jaggedappliance
JaggedAppliance
Councillor - Balance

Has liked: 734 times
Been liked: 313 times
FAF User Name: JaggedAppliance

Postby Lieutenant Lich » 20 Mar 2016, 15:44

[quote="biass"]walking in to overcharge t2 pds? some balls on that dude

Aeon typically has the best 'gun' because there are two somewhat cheaper guns that give it both double rate of fire and massive range, normally that will be enough to ward off some guncom, otherwise you just need more pds or something[/quote]

I got the balls to do that. But yes, to deal with an early PD you need gun. And air backup, in case your enemy decides to hit your severely damaged com.

My mod:
Lieutenant Lich
Evaluator

Postby biass » 21 Mar 2016, 10:50

LichKing2033 wrote:
I got the balls to do that. But yes, to deal with an early PD you need gun. And air backup, in case your enemy decides to hit your severely damaged com.

Well you can just walk up and capture a t1 pd with your acu, if you have to or so tanks walk up on an enemy acu you can happily kill someone if they are isolated with only the said pd,

T2 pds however are a risky move because if they manage to force you away you have to soak all the damage as you retreat, i lost from the is a few times in teamgames..

Spoiler: show
shitty cyb acu
Map thread: https://bit.ly/2PBsa5H

Petricpwnz wrote:biass on his campaign to cleanse and remake every single map of FAF because he is an untolerating reincarnation of mapping hitler
biass
Contributor

Has liked: 598 times
Been liked: 662 times
FAF User Name: biass

Postby Lieutenant Lich » 21 Mar 2016, 21:25

[quote="biass"][quote="LichKing2033"]

I got the balls to do that. But yes, to deal with an early PD you need gun. And air backup, in case your enemy decides to hit your severely damaged com.[/quote]

Well you can just walk up and capture a t1 pd with your acu, if you have to or so tanks walk up on an enemy acu you can happily kill someone if they are isolated with only the said pd,

T2 pds however are a risky move because if they manage to force you away you have to soak all the damage as you retreat, i lost from the is a few times in teamgames..

[spoiler]shitty cyb acu[/spoiler][/quote]

Cybran ACU is bad for damage sinking. Much better if you have a gun Aeon com - it has insane range. Can take out T2 PD from afar. THe best solution, of course, is to kill enemy radar and walk up to the PD and kill it while a new radar is built. Or emerge from water near the PD to be closer to it and take lees damage during retreat.

Well, we are drifting off topic. Gun com? What about spamming some bombers and cooling the dude off? Also, T2 rush may be just right. And get gun yourself - Aeon gun has 35 range. That's better than UEF, Seraphim or Cybran gun.

My mod:
Lieutenant Lich
Evaluator

Postby TheKoopa » 21 Mar 2016, 22:43

Fix your f***ing quotes please xDDD
Feather: I am usually pretty good in judging people's abilities, intelligence and motives

Evildrew: Just because I didnt choose you for my team last year doesnt give you the right to be all bitchy and negative about my proposal
TheKoopa
Contributor

Has liked: 172 times
Been liked: 225 times
FAF User Name: Gently-

Postby Lieutenant Lich » 21 Mar 2016, 23:46

[quote="TheKoopa"]Fix your f***ing quotes please xDDD[/quote]

Koopa, I have no idea what is the problem.

My mod:
Lieutenant Lich
Evaluator

Postby briang » 22 Mar 2016, 00:05

Just stop using quotes for now please.
Ninrai 2015- briang is usually an aggressive d****e
briang
Spammer