Trying to at least be decent, help? Topic is solved

Moderator: PhilipJFry

Trying to at least be decent, help?

Postby TheCanadianJedi » 08 Mar 2016, 01:39

So I just recently got into playing FAF online against other players, minus a few games with friends of course. And I keep falling behind in eco, and as a result fall behind in military or tech. I just can't seem to figure out what I'm doing wrong. I've looked at so many tutorials and asked/been given advice from other experience players to no avail. Some of the posts I've seen here say that you should 1v1 a sorian AI before you hop into multiplayer. I'm thinking of trying that once I get my eco tactics up, but truth to be told I'm nervous. Anyway I'll post of replay of one of my best games if you guys would like to try and give me tips. Even in this replay I had eco troubles. This was against 3 adaptive AI btw. I probably sound like such a noob, hopefully this will not be the case for much longer.
Attachments
4515826.fafreplay
(21.4 KiB) Downloaded 95 times
TheCanadianJedi
Crusader

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: TheCanadianJedi

Re: Trying to at least be decent, help?

Postby Turinturambar » 08 Mar 2016, 01:58

1st dont build t2 power, t2 mexes etc. at the front (they will likely die there)
2nd try not to build turtle bases too often units are usually better (and dont get wreaked by t1 arty/moblie misslelauncher)
3rd you totally overbuild power try (at some poit you overflowed 1000 power try to build less)
4th for a 1v1 build more land factories
usually the best thing for a 1v1 is to get a strong t1 spam asap you can get to 1k+ without eco at all.
also try to expand as much and as fast as possible (youse your early engineers for that and !protect! those that go a bit further)
best play uef/sera and try to raid a lot (mostly on maps like open palms)
(if you got some free apm scout,scout,scout)

ps if you wanna eco do 1st upgrade all save mexes to t2 (with engie assist if you want them fast) then build storages around them then get them at t3 ()spam is usually safer)
Turinturambar

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 91 times
FAF User Name: 竜宮レナ

Postby FBMWhite » 08 Mar 2016, 17:55

As soon as I lose I watch the replay to see where it all went wrong.

Recent Lessons:

Trees OP

You can mass too hard, believe it or not.
FBMWhite

Has liked: 3 times
FAF User Name: FBMWhite

Postby Lieutenant Lich » 10 Mar 2016, 05:05

TheCanadianJedi wrote:So I just recently got into playing FAF online against other players, minus a few games with friends of course. And I keep falling behind in eco, and as a result fall behind in military or tech. I just can't seem to figure out what I'm doing wrong. I've looked at so many tutorials and asked/been given advice from other experience players to no avail. Some of the posts I've seen here say that you should 1v1 a sorian AI before you hop into multiplayer. I'm thinking of trying that once I get my eco tactics up, but truth to be told I'm nervous. Anyway I'll post of replay of one of my best games if you guys would like to try and give me tips. Even in this replay I had eco troubles. This was against 3 adaptive AI btw. I probably sound like such a noob, hopefully this will not be the case for much longer.

You posted a pretty good game. But yes, you do overbuild power and when you have mass stalls, you do not pause production to fix the situation, you just keep going with no positive result. Also, 2-3 T2 mexes for a massive T2 spam is too little. You need to have ALL your mexes at T2 and some at T3 to spam T2 effectively. Use T1 AA or flak to defend your expansions against air drops. Or T1/T2 PD, for the heck of it.
And attach a few more replays, against people.
Don't complain about that which you aren't willing to change.

My mod:
viewtopic.php?f=67&t=12864
Lieutenant Lich
Evaluator

Has liked: 992 times
Been liked: 818 times

Postby briang » 10 Mar 2016, 05:26

You can't make blanket statements about needing X eco to complete Y action. That is entirely map and game situation dependent. There is a balance between hitting the T2 mex button and units that even the best players don't get right 100% of the time. The more you play the more you'll feel it out. If you ever feel like getting into Seton's pm me on the client or the forums.

(Ladder first is the best choice)
Ninrai 2015- briang is usually an aggressive d****e
briang
Spammer

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 65 times
FAF User Name: YouLikeThat

Postby Lieutenant Lich » 11 Mar 2016, 02:14

briang wrote:You can't make blanket statements about needing X eco to complete Y action. That is entirely map and game situation dependent. There is a balance between hitting the T2 mex button and units that even the best players don't get right 100% of the time. The more you play the more you'll feel it out. If you ever feel like getting into Seton's pm me on the client or the forums.

Nice stalking of my posts, briang.
Don't complain about that which you aren't willing to change.

My mod:
viewtopic.php?f=67&t=12864
Lieutenant Lich
Evaluator

Has liked: 992 times
Been liked: 818 times

Postby TheKoopa » 11 Mar 2016, 03:34

Calm down guys, no need to be so aggressive. Especially you Lichking.

EDIT: godamn autocorrect
Feather: I am usually pretty good in judging people's abilities, intelligence and motives

Evildrew: Just because I didnt choose you for my team last year doesnt give you the right to be all bitchy and negative about my proposal
TheKoopa
Contributor

Has liked: 172 times
Been liked: 225 times
FAF User Name: Gently-

Postby briang » 11 Mar 2016, 04:42

Well you are giving bad advice and I would've posted the same thing whether or not I had something of yours to refute. I don't argue with you for the sake of arguing, if I argue with someone it's because I think (in your case know) you're wrong.

You seem like you're here to have your ideas tested, so I will oblidge. Welcome to the big time.
Ninrai 2015- briang is usually an aggressive d****e
briang
Spammer

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 65 times
FAF User Name: YouLikeThat

Postby TheCanadianJedi » 11 Mar 2016, 04:58

TheKoopa wrote:Calm down guys, no need to be so aggressive. Especially you Lichking.

Did I cause something here? Really hope I didn't cause a big argument.
TheCanadianJedi
Crusader

Has liked: 4 times
FAF User Name: TheCanadianJedi

Postby TheKoopa » 11 Mar 2016, 05:02

TheCanadianJedi wrote:
TheKoopa wrote:Calm down guys, no need to be so aggressive. Especially you Lichking.

Did I cause something here? Really hope I didn't cause a big argument.

Not really, it was mostly this

LichKing2033 wrote:
briang wrote:You can't make blanket statements about needing X eco to complete Y action. That is entirely map and game situation dependent. There is a balance between hitting the T2 mex button and units that even the best players don't get right 100% of the time. The more you play the more you'll feel it out. If you ever feel like getting into Seton's pm me on the client or the forums.

Nice stalking of my posts, briang.

Anyway, I can train you the basics so you can start getting the hang of the game. Message ISuckAtFAF.
Feather: I am usually pretty good in judging people's abilities, intelligence and motives

Evildrew: Just because I didnt choose you for my team last year doesnt give you the right to be all bitchy and negative about my proposal
TheKoopa
Contributor

Has liked: 172 times
Been liked: 225 times
FAF User Name: Gently-

Next

Return to Tactics/strategy help