Cybran raiding

Moderator: PhilipJFry

Cybran raiding

Postby yeager » 01 Sep 2015, 22:53

is there a way to stop this as sera? at every teir they are heavily outclass in speed, making some maps impossible.
at t1 anyone is bound to lose a mex or two to mantis, thats just how it goes, if i make it to t2 i think I'm in the clear but between vipers and hoplites its impossible to keep all my bases up long enough to create strong t2 army. even when i do, its not like they can't immediately intercept it or bombard at long range, making it really hard to do much. at t3 it isn't better, what am i supposed to do vs loyalist? yenzee? eventually i can get some sniper bots online and start denying this, but by then he has gained a huge advantage. i occasionally play the reg supcom (steam multiplayer) and have found that the ilshivoh has a speed of 2.9, solving this issue for the most part, but here i can't find a solution. and please don't tell me to get more air -.- seraphim air vs land sucks, hard.
yeager
Evaluator

Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 32 times
FAF User Name: Yeager

Re: Cybran raiding

Postby JaggedAppliance » 01 Sep 2015, 23:04

Build radar and use air scouts. If you spot the raids in time you can intercept them. Try using t1 bombers to kill hoplites and vipers. Also, try raid him back. Any tanks he has to send after your raids are tanks he's not attacking you with.
"and remember, u are a noob, u don’t have any rights to disagree" - Destructor

My Youtube channel with casts > https://www.youtube.com/c/jaggedappliance
My Twitch > https://www.twitch.tv/jaggedappliance
JaggedAppliance
Councillor - Balance

Has liked: 734 times
Been liked: 313 times
FAF User Name: JaggedAppliance

Postby yeager » 01 Sep 2015, 23:26

JaggedAppliance wrote:Build radar and use air scouts. If you spot the raids in time you can intercept them. Try using t1 bombers to kill hoplites and vipers. Also, try raid him back. Any tanks he has to send after your raids are tanks he's not attacking you with.

I've tried the bomber approach, it doesn't work very well :( in t1 it offers some success but in t2 its useless. radar again has mixed results, as it is more than difficult to build and protect enough radars to cover large maps. i do return raid, but seraphim raiding is sooooo slow, arty drops are great, but they barely kill there mass in base units before 15 mantis are there to kill them. and like i said, my land raiding tends to become cannon fodder for vipers. currently the only answer i have found is holding out till i can get nano+t2+gun with wich i can usually turn the tide. but if i don't end the game there i start finding loyalists in my eco.
and scouts work assuming you can keep air support, and dedicate a factory to building scouts, cause otherwise they keep getting sniped, and you can't keep your fighters with them or he roles up a banger.
yeager
Evaluator

Postby D4E_Omit » 01 Sep 2015, 23:45

No jagged, thats the problem, you can react but so will the cybran player, and his units can move way faster and bypass your tanks with ease. And like yeager said t2 isnt very different, there's nothing really long range and the ilsha has been dumbed down to like 2,5 speed. And once you've finally got your first sniper bot out the enemy already is far enough ahead to build bricks..

I think sera needs a good old hug and a buff because it's nearly fully outmatched in land, the t3 navy used to be almost the best just after uef, but now even cybran t2 subs will almost counter t3 subs.. And air well its really nothing unique and their fighter bomber is probably easier to dodge than a t1 bomber..

So maybe buff t2 land because that was sera specialty from all the way back, ilshavohs are 2 legged bots not slow heavy tanks, so dont balance them that way. Maybe you can make them a little like an assault bot and make the hover tank an actual late game t2 tank.

And I think most of us can agree that now after all the nerfing the t3 subhunter could use a little love, sera navy has gone from a feared thing to something people make jokes about.. And maybe make the othuum a little better or up the firerate on the sniperbots to compensate for the horrible t3 compared to other factions.

Looking through the patchnotes again, the acu tml is probably overnerfed but okay I admit it was really op but now its almost useless.
Yenzyne is even more useless, ilsha turns slower, othuum and sniperbot got a slight buff, and the asswasher got nerfed..

Hope sera gets a good hug and acu tml should fly higher than normal tml but keep the rest of the nerfs. :)

Just noticed this is in the strategy section well I'll post it in balance later then :P
Sometimes, I just feel like I want to eat pancakes.
D4E_Omit

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 21 times
FAF User Name: D4E_Omit

Postby JaggedAppliance » 01 Sep 2015, 23:56

You can lead a horse to water ...

but they'd rather change units than listen.
"and remember, u are a noob, u don’t have any rights to disagree" - Destructor

My Youtube channel with casts > https://www.youtube.com/c/jaggedappliance
My Twitch > https://www.twitch.tv/jaggedappliance
JaggedAppliance
Councillor - Balance

Has liked: 734 times
Been liked: 313 times
FAF User Name: JaggedAppliance

Postby yeager » 02 Sep 2015, 00:49

JaggedAppliance wrote:You can lead a horse to water ...

but they'd rather change units than listen.

I just thought I was missing something, cause o can't find a way to deal with this
yeager
Evaluator

Postby ZLO_RD » 02 Sep 2015, 03:50

yeager wrote:... as sera? ...

other factions have even slower tanks

raids sometimes are pain in the ass indeed, even i don't feel very confident against raids, so i sometimes just rush t1 radar right in my base so i can get it with adjustency, especially good with sera land scout low radar range, and ofc having a radar can be helpfull against air too.

also you can just not care much and try to raid yourself, it is especially good as sera cause you will leave scout far in enemy territory, or use it as addictional DPS to beat enemy t1 tanks, just avoid getting to close to enemy engy so you don't have your tanks reclaimed after you won against mantis.
http://www.youtube.com/user/dimatularus
http://www.twitch.tv/zlo_rd
TA4Life: "At the very least we are not slaves to the UI"
ZLO_RD
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 303 times
Been liked: 400 times
FAF User Name: ZLO

Postby yeager » 02 Sep 2015, 06:03

ZLO_RD wrote:
yeager wrote:... as sera? ...

other factions have even slower tanks

raids sometimes are pain in the ass indeed, even i don't feel very confident against raids, so i sometimes just rush t1 radar right in my base so i can get it with adjustency, especially good with sera land scout low radar range, and ofc having a radar can be helpfull against air too.

also you can just not care much and try to raid yourself, it is especially good as sera cause you will leave scout far in enemy territory, or use it as addictional DPS to beat enemy t1 tanks, just avoid getting to close to enemy engy so you don't have your tanks reclaimed after you won against mantis.

I do counter raid, either 2 Selens or a tank and a selen or 4 Selens. They usually do alright, but not like mantis. He and aeon at least have ghetto gunships, which do a nice job of cleaning up raids, and light assault bots are a big help, but sera have dot have then, and similarly don't have t3 gunships, so life is a lot harder. Aeon also have it tough at t2, but they have harb to fix this in t3. And the mongoose fixes this issue for uef at t2 and the Titan is at least fast at t3. Also, it's near impossible to raid cybran, the units are just too quick, they snipe it off before you can deal a lot of damage.
Leaving scouts behind only works with selen deselect.
Also, I can't counter 1 mantis with 1 thaam, the muzzle velocity is too slow, so I will try to counter early raiding and he will dodge a shot and kill my tank.
Every faction has a strong raiding ability at some level, but cybran is strong at all tiers and sera is strong at non, they don't even have gunships, and the one they do have is the worst. Trans were meant to fix this I think, but on maps like two rivers you don't had time to start getting drops going before mantis are "all up in yo grill"
yeager
Evaluator

Postby Col_Walter_Kurtz » 02 Sep 2015, 11:17

I'm pretty fresh on FAF ladder playing around 1000 rated opponents, however I do Sera exclusively like in GPG days.

Apart from intercepting raids, your expansions should develop their production and a walled PD plus radar. Reaching this critical mass at your expansions is the tricky part of Sera play. Or any faction probably, since 10k maps are very common now. I think Sera on ladder is inherently defensive at T1, unlike Cybran and Aeon. From that point on you're golden and you can rely on Ilshavohs to finish the game. Cloaked Selens provide EXCELLENT early intel and can really give you an edge over any other faction. Placing your ACU aggressively is also critical in the early stages (don't just keep it in your base to build).

In regards to intercepting Mantis, as long as you know how many are coming and where they are going, you should be fine. Send your Thaams to an interception point. Keeping all your mexes on a 10k or larger map is impossible anyway.
Col_Walter_Kurtz
Priest

Has liked: 42 times
Been liked: 45 times
FAF User Name: Apocalypse_Now

Postby yeager » 02 Sep 2015, 18:58

I'll try these things and get back to you
yeager
Evaluator