Tell me your Aeon T2 Phase

Moderator: PhilipJFry

Re: Tell me your Aeon T2 Phase

Postby Valki » 28 Aug 2015, 21:57

tell me about it... I have always played Aeon, and when I try to play UEF I lose all land battles in T1 and T2 :(
Valki

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 27 times
FAF User Name: Valki

Postby TheKoopa » 29 Aug 2015, 21:13

Aeon has a very, very solid T2 land. If you rush it, it imo has the best tool than other factions vs. T1 spam (blazes, with their fast speed, decentish health (at least compared to T1), and being the 2nd cheapest tank compared to the other factions main battle tanks for T2). When they get their T2 rolling, you can spam OPsidians and it will wreck literally everything. OPSidians are also able to stand up to T3 very well, meaning that if you get rushed T3 vs. and you have a decent T2 spam, you'll be able to delay long enough to get your own T3.
Feather: I am usually pretty good in judging people's abilities, intelligence and motives

Evildrew: Just because I didnt choose you for my team last year doesnt give you the right to be all bitchy and negative about my proposal
TheKoopa
Contributor

Has liked: 172 times
Been liked: 225 times
FAF User Name: Gently-

Postby keyser » 30 Aug 2015, 14:29

well,i wouldn't advice you to rush T2 aeon.
first because you have a stronk T1 that you can/must abuse.
2nd because the hover tank isn't really efficient against T1 (can't really micro it to stay on the edge of T1 army because of f*** up movement).
T2 aeon is pretty strong against other T2. You just need to react, when you see opponent has T2, get your own.
Zockyzock:
VoR is the clan of upcoming top players now
keyser
Councillor - Game

Has liked: 424 times
Been liked: 540 times
FAF User Name: keyser

Postby yeager » 10 Sep 2015, 00:09

The whole "use your com" thing works pretty well sometimes, but other times it doesn't, a small range buff on obsidian with a correlated damage nerf(so it has the same real world dps) would work well. Using your con in some cases is like being asked to win a game with a GC at the very start, but on an 80km map, as long as he keeps the GC in submission he will win fine, and you jus half to die, aeon t1 is really strong, but maybe t2 is a little too weak, cause it's not right that an nature tech lvl is nearly useless.
yeager
Evaluator

Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 32 times
FAF User Name: Yeager

Postby yeager » 10 Sep 2015, 00:11

Kopia wrote:Aeon has a very, very solid T2 land. If you rush it, it imo has the best tool than other factions vs. T1 spam (blazes, with their fast speed, decentish health (at least compared to T1), and being the 2nd cheapest tank compared to the other factions main battle tanks for T2). When they get their T2 rolling, you can spam OPsidians and it will wreck literally everything. OPSidians are also able to stand up to T3 very well, meaning that if you get rushed T3 vs. and you have a decent T2 spam, you'll be able to delay long enough to get your own T3.

I've killed 8 obsidians with one loyalist....
yeager
Evaluator

Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 32 times
FAF User Name: Yeager

Postby Ithilis_Quo » 01 Dec 2015, 19:21

About aeon T2..

use obsidian, they are strongest T2 tank. They cost 400m what is ridiculous (becsaue shield) but in front combat they are best tanks. Also you can combine it with shield 3 obsi+shield.

what is problems:
- price, and energy price. it cost realy a lot. Damn lot.
- range and speed, obsidian have loverst range (-3r as other main tanks) and nearly lovest speed, so every T2 tanks except illshawor can outrange it and kite forever, and its not that hard, especialy with rhino that never miss.
- enemy oc, that can easyli kill 2-3 obsidian per single oc, because have low range what mean that are close together where other tanks not. (same problem have riptide)

But at all. obsidian with shield is realy very strong combination.
"Fixed in Equilibrium" Washy
Ithilis_Quo
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 395 times
Been liked: 181 times
FAF User Name: Ithilis

Postby RoLa » 12 Jan 2016, 11:14

I am not that good, but most ladder games I win is because of gun range on com. The smaller the map the stronger it gets and the stronger I get ;-)

That's my ACU tactic:
- (fight a bit without oc)
- make energy storage
- fight a bit with oc
- make range gun
- fight alot
- make omni
- fight alot but safe
- make t2 land
- make mobile shields/flak to cover acu and your bigger raiding groups.
- maybe make 2nd storage
- fight with acu and mobile shield coverage (being at least vet 3 now)
- mix in some obsidians
- go all in in the right moment. ( with omni you see)
or making acu shield and then chase his acu to death or mine ;-)

On bigger maps i am screwed. But from what i can tell air control is even more important. Use aeon t1 bombers to immobilise their faster kiting units. So you can catch them with your acu or even with obsidians.
Combining Auroras with t2 shields and some obsidians and a mobile flak is very solid.
RoLa
Contributor

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 19 times
FAF User Name: RoLa

Postby Lieutenant Lich » 02 Feb 2016, 04:54

Valki wrote:tell me about it... I have always played Aeon, and when I try to play UEF I lose all land battles in T1 and T2 :(

UEF T2 is better than Aeon T2 with Pillar's 1500 HP against Obsidian's shield and 1250 HP, being easily spammable and hence rushable. What are you complaining about?
Don't complain about that which you aren't willing to change.

My mod:
viewtopic.php?f=67&t=12864
Lieutenant Lich
Evaluator

Has liked: 992 times
Been liked: 818 times

Previous

Return to Tactics/strategy help