Help with kennels?

Moderator: PhilipJFry

Help with kennels?

Postby Misaniovent » 25 Jul 2015, 19:52

I usually play Aeon or Seraphim so when I do play UEF I find kennels to be much more difficult to use than massed engineers. The issues I'm running into are: efficiently microing rovers, controlling the spread of build capacity, and preventing resource stall. I noticed that, frustratingly, you have to click each kennel individually to turn off auto-assist.

Is there a more effective way to use these? Thanks.
Misaniovent
Crusader

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 13 times
FAF User Name: Misaniovent

Re: Help with kennels?

Postby Zock » 25 Jul 2015, 21:08

You don't have to use them, you can just build engies with UEF too.

Else try not to build too many if you stall, only as many as you need to switch between build projects fast. If you don't want them to assist anything, just let them assist a finished building like a mex until you need them.
gg no re

ohh! what a pretty shining link! https://www.youtube.com/c/Zockyzock
Zock
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 173 times
Been liked: 397 times
FAF User Name: Zock

Postby Misaniovent » 26 Jul 2015, 06:11

Zock wrote:You don't have to use them, you can just build engies with UEF too.

Else try not to build too many if you stall, only as many as you need to switch between build projects fast. If you don't want them to assist anything, just let them assist a finished building like a mex until you need them.

Thanks!
Misaniovent
Crusader

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 13 times
FAF User Name: Misaniovent

Postby tallian2 » 31 Aug 2017, 14:50

Sorry to dig up a REALLY old post, but I am running into a similar problem and didn't want to start another post on the same topic.

My main issue with kennels is that selecting the rovers, especially in groups, in a massive pain. Can anyone give advice on how to select them as they don't get picked if there is anything else in the drag box. If I have a bunch of rovers assisting, say my air factory, and I want another bnch to assist my ACU while he expands my eco, as an example. It's fairly easy to select all and concentrate on a big project like an exp, but after that I find it really micro intensive to reassign the rovers to seperate tasks.
tallian2
Crusader

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 3 times
FAF User Name: Tallian2

Postby ZLO_RD » 31 Aug 2017, 17:16

ughhh there is a way to do that, but i don't remember how exactly bascly you need to hold shift to select everything in the selection box and then choose drones only.
http://www.youtube.com/user/dimatularus
http://www.twitch.tv/zlo_rd
TA4Life: "At the very least we are not slaves to the UI"
ZLO_RD
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 303 times
Been liked: 400 times
FAF User Name: ZLO

Postby Lieutenant Lich » 02 Sep 2017, 21:24

double click on one drone, it will select all. Then assign them to a control group, say 7 or 8 and problem solved. Can also do selection box.
Don't complain about that which you aren't willing to change.

My mod:
viewtopic.php?f=67&t=12864
Lieutenant Lich
Evaluator

Has liked: 992 times
Been liked: 818 times

Postby tallian2 » 11 Sep 2017, 02:36

Thanks,

I keep forgetting about the shift drag - select everything option. That should do it.

As for double clicking, that's fine when you want them all to do one thing, but when you go back to splitting your production (say a balance of ASF and ground units) I find it a pain to get smaller groups or when some have died and you end up with random drones supporting the wrong building. I think I'm letting my OCD get the better of me as it bothers me that drones supporting my Air factory are from the group of kennels near my land factory.

Thanks again

Tall
tallian2
Crusader

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 3 times
FAF User Name: Tallian2

Return to Tactics/strategy help