Bomber double/triple drop

Re: Bomber double/triple drop

Postby Wakke » 19 Jan 2014, 14:19

I knew you would all jump on that comment. Why would me watching replays of pro players not be valid input? Also, what are you guys claiming? That it is totally useless to do this trick? How about not flying over AA by restricting your flight path, for one?

All I am saying is:
1) it's a bad mechanic
2) the amount of benefit you can gain from it should determine the priority of fixing this. I am under the assumption at least *some* benefit can be gained from it. If not, I'd like to see you make an argument for that.
Wakke

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 13 times

Postby Coffee nut » 19 Jan 2014, 14:28

Wakke wrote:I knew you would all jump on that comment. Why would me watching replays of pro players not be valid input? Also, what are you guys claiming? That is totally useless to do this trick? How about not flying over AA by restricting your flight path, for one?

All I am saying is:
1) it's a bad mechanic
2) the amount of benefit you can gain from it should determine the priority of fixing this. I am under the assumption at least *some* benefit can be gained from it. If not, I'd like to see you make an argument for that.

I'm arguing that there is a happy medium between "totally useless" and "needs to be fixed". Something doesn't have to be either useless or broken. I'm saying it can yield benefits (i.e. not useless) BUT it is not broken either (i.e. radically unfair). I don't think I need to justify that it can provide some benefit, rather I only need to justify why it doesn't always and undoubtedly result in net gain for the player.
Coffee nut

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 4 times

Postby ColonelSheppard » 19 Jan 2014, 14:31

Wakke wrote:Why would me watching replays of pro players not be valid input?

WHAT REPLAYS DUDE, you posted NOT A SINGLE one
ColonelSheppard
Contributor

Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 165 times
FAF User Name: Sheppy

Postby Wild_Green » 19 Jan 2014, 14:38

Wekke, please read my post. Carefully. And think about it. If u want to talk with me, first please listen to me. Unless u just want to make a monolog, then u are free to go. Im out.

Secend of all, why ur reply is wrong:

1. Ur saying about imaginary proves that bomber is bad (still no replay).

2. U keep on saying its bad, cus its powerful. Everything can be powerful. And thats not an argument if u do not mention the costs of strategy.

First bombers requires lot of time. By the time i micro 1 bomber, i can give orders to 3 arimes, 15 engies, and manage a base.
If u a re afraid to lose multiple pgs, split them. Simple. And i assume u, hovering over 1 pg is not worthy of its time. It just makes u keep on falling early on. Later on, hovering bomber is just not worthy of that (read 1 sentence over)

3. For god damn sake, first try this, experience it, how much does it really cost. Try to counter that, than make a statemets. U just saw 1 replay with hovering bomber, probably even not countered, and suddenly uve become an expert. Tml is also powerful if not countered. Kills all t2 mexes, power, even ACUs. So what? kill tml? Kill all game?

EDIT:
4. Im not saying it is useless. Im saying this is useful, and more important, it is easy counterable. And most important. Dont take from me feature i find fun to have, just becouse u dont know how face it.
Last edited by Wild_Green on 19 Jan 2014, 14:46, edited 1 time in total.
Wild_Green

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: Wild_Green

Postby laPPen » 19 Jan 2014, 14:39

my personal opinion on that topic:

is it a bug/cheat ?

- No i cant see why it is within normal game mechanic and units behaviour

Is it overpowered ?

-No, it is extremely annoying but it is no rocket science to counter it, nothing crazy needed to kill it. Sure the bomber can do heavy damage but it takes lots of micro and apm to manage that bomber, you can avoid a part of the damage by microing your units away and you can kill that bomber fairly easy

is it a bad game mechanic?

- I dont think so it awards ppl who micro their units nothing wrong with that

overall i didnt see a single replay showing how op that unit is. I am not convinced
laPPen

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 3 times
FAF User Name: laPPen

Postby ColonelSheppard » 19 Jan 2014, 14:41

Wild_Green wrote:And i assume u, hovering over 1 pg is not worthy of its time.

It's not only just not worth the time, it's actually countered by just repairing the PGEN
ColonelSheppard
Contributor

Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 165 times
FAF User Name: Sheppy

Postby ZLO_RD » 19 Jan 2014, 14:50

don't forget that there is micro of land units against air units, unmicroed bomber may not even drop bomb, or enemy just dodges all bombs, or spread out units and you just damage single tank with your bomber

allmost all bombers can be dodged if you scout them fast enought, even microed 1rst bomber may not deal any damage...

BUT ALSO thist topic was started ONLY because speed2 used OP strategy in gw against FunkOff, make 1rst air and call t1 reinforcements and walk with acu in enemy base, also speed2 great user of double/triple/quadriple/penta drops with bomber
that was frustrating for victim and he goes to forums to whine about bomber 1rst killing pgens cause pgens can't dodge, and against sera they also can't be repaided on 1hp to make them tank one more bomb

but as seraphim player petricpwnz mentoined, you just need to split your early power and scout if enemy makes 1rst bomber, and then youre prepared, only 1rst engyneed can die cause you failed scouting of bobmer, then you just dodge with engineers until bomber will die to aa or interceptor, then you will have big advantage usually.... only semi imba map for 1rst air is haven reef where you bomb reclaim, you still can easily loose even after that
http://www.youtube.com/user/dimatularus
http://www.twitch.tv/zlo_rd
TA4Life: "At the very least we are not slaves to the UI"
ZLO_RD
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 303 times
Been liked: 400 times
FAF User Name: ZLO

Postby pip » 19 Jan 2014, 15:06

We will close this thread with these wise words from Zlo. No change will be made to bombers in next patch except UEF bomber, but this endless thread had the benefit to make me discover why the UEF bomber is the one that fails at dropping the most, and it will be fixed.
pip
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 191 times
Been liked: 86 times
FAF User Name: pip

Previous

Return to Patch 3629