T2/T3 land balance

T2/T3 land balance

Postby Zock » 03 Nov 2013, 22:25

This thread is to discuss everything regarding the balance between t2 and t3. Please make sure to read the overview and rules first: viewtopic.php?f=58&t=5681

In specific, but not exclusive:

T3 units in general
do all t3 units need a change? (arty, snipers, titan...)
T3 tech upgrade (factory)
according land t4 adaption
t3 nerf leading to a buff to commander/pd/everything that i used vs t3
gg no re

ohh! what a pretty shining link! https://www.youtube.com/c/Zockyzock
Zock
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 173 times
Been liked: 397 times
FAF User Name: Zock

Re: T2/T3 land balance

Postby FunkOff » 03 Nov 2013, 23:55

I'm just throwing this out there.... how about a global cost increase for T3 land and air factories? The t2 stage is too short for land and air, imo... and T2 is where most of the fun stuff is, and is considerably better balanced.
FunkOff
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 43 times
FAF User Name: FakeOff

Postby RoundTabler » 04 Nov 2013, 00:06

Just curious, why did the mongoose get nerfed? :/ I thought UEF t2 land was a little weak atm.
Avantgarde: bug reports go to you [zep] via PM?
Ze_PilOt_: no
Ze_PilOt_: never.

Ze_PilOt: FA is not about being in a comfort zone all the time.
I think the game you want to play is Starcraft 2.
RoundTabler
Contributor

Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 1 time
FAF User Name: RoundTabler

Postby pip » 04 Nov 2013, 00:38

RoundTabler wrote:Just curious, why did the mongoose get nerfed? :/ I thought UEF t2 land was a little weak atm.

30 DPS for grenade weapon instead of 26, with faster rate of fire is a buff, not a nerf.
pip
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 191 times
Been liked: 86 times
FAF User Name: pip

Postby IceDreamer » 04 Nov 2013, 01:42

FunkOff wrote:I'm just throwing this out there.... how about a global cost increase for T3 land and air factories? The t2 stage is too short for land and air, imo... and T2 is where most of the fun stuff is, and is considerably better balanced.

Thank you FunkOff!

Everyone listed to this man, he speaks much sense! This is the first thing to test! :)
IceDreamer
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 488 times

Postby Ato0theJ » 04 Nov 2013, 02:35

FunkOff wrote:I'm just throwing this out there.... how about a global cost increase for T3 land and air factories? The t2 stage is too short for land and air, imo... and T2 is where most of the fun stuff is, and is considerably better balanced.

Interesting, but I think it might just cause a bigger shunt to someone economy when going to t3, but if they have the eco, it won't slow them down much. Maybe if all of the t2 units got some sort of buff, or the cost to go to t2 and make t2 units was less.
Ato0theJ
Contributor

Has liked: 41 times
FAF User Name: AJ

Postby RoundTabler » 04 Nov 2013, 03:08

Pip: the changelog thread says from 65 dps to 50. I guess I didn't read it correctly (from 26 to 30 dps)
Avantgarde: bug reports go to you [zep] via PM?
Ze_PilOt_: no
Ze_PilOt_: never.

Ze_PilOt: FA is not about being in a comfort zone all the time.
I think the game you want to play is Starcraft 2.
RoundTabler
Contributor

Has liked: 34 times
FAF User Name: RoundTabler

Postby IceDreamer » 04 Nov 2013, 03:48

Ato0theJ wrote:

Interesting, but I think it might just cause a bigger shunt to someone economy when going to t3, but if they have the eco, it won't slow them down much. Maybe if all of the t2 units got some sort of buff, or the cost to go to t2 and make t2 units was less.

You can't change the DPS/HP/Speed etc of any of the involved units as part of this without messing up in unknowable ways. Costs are definitely the right way to do things at first, whether to the upgrade or to the units. All we need is to give T2 more time to establish itself in large numbers.

Mass/Energy cost increase on the factory would mean upgrading with an economy that's not ready yet will totally stall you. This means you get no units onto the field for that time, which means the enemy overruns you. This is already the case to some extent, but a cost increase would make it even more pronounced.

BuildTime increase on the upgrade would help too, as it literally takes longer to get there. Personally I'd start with Mass/Energy cost *3 and BuildTime cost *2. Doubles the time it takes, and increases the drain/s on economy by *1.5 this would really really hurt if you upgrade before your economy can take it.
IceDreamer
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 488 times

Postby Nombringer » 04 Nov 2013, 04:55

One important thing that people at the moment are failing to consider in this discussion the impact on experimental units.

Just throwing this out there
BC_Blackheart: i just copy his shit and do it 5% better leads to easy win usually xD

Need help? Are you a new player? Feel free to message me any time in the lobby :) Lessons may cost a portoin of your soul.... (Noms are included but not guaranteed)
Nombringer
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 210 times
Been liked: 65 times
FAF User Name: Nombringer

Postby Ato0theJ » 04 Nov 2013, 05:26

Nombringer wrote:One important thing that people at the moment are failing to consider in this discussion the impact on experimental units.

Just throwing this out there

Yeah, making t3 factories any harder to get might make getting t3 commander and using t2 power/RAS with t3 mex to make an exp while your opponent is trying to get a t3 factory and gets utterly steamrolled. So, making t2 better might come down to stuff on the t2 side, not t3. It's kind of like the snipers were- they weren't horribly broken, they were just ineffective.
Ato0theJ
Contributor

Has liked: 41 times
FAF User Name: AJ

Next

Return to Patch 3629