T2/T3 land balance

Re: T2/T3 land balance

Postby errorblankfield » 22 Dec 2013, 19:05

That's what I thought you meant. Like I said, I just do that in my head, but a fun trick none-the-less.
errorblankfield
Priest

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 11 times
FAF User Name: errorblankfield

Postby Gerfand » 22 Dec 2013, 23:31

errorblankfield wrote:So I'm just going to side step the semantic mirco debate -both sides clearly know what the other meant.

:Dramatic side step motion with 'Woosh' sound:

@Firewall

What do you mean use 3D mode to see what is or isn't covered by overlapping shield? Stupid question, I know. But you always have fun gems that improve my gameplay.

Do you literally just mean pan the camera back and see how many shields are between you and target?

I can do that in my head, but I can see the utility there.

Anywho, still skeptically optimistic for a raiding titan. Though part of me thinks the loyalist deserves this more... yea it's the better of the two units, but I don't build them that often once we are in the brick phase except for surprise TMD defense. Of the two races, it fits much better with the cybran MO. If UEF had the loyalist now, and cybran had the titan -we'd be suggesting the same buff (I think). It works for both, but I like it under my main flag more. >:D

wait, what you mean?
Gerfand

Has liked: 27 times
Been liked: 7 times

Postby errorblankfield » 22 Dec 2013, 23:58

^Above

If from day one, UEF had the percy and the loyalist and cybran had the brick and titan -we'd eventually reach this same problem. The titan would still suck and have no use under the cybran flag. It stands to reason, we'd offer the same suggestion -buff speed dramatically.

All I'm saying is I like this buff more for the cybran as it fits the fraction better. It will never happen, but the UEF would love the loyalist (viable TMD says hi) and cybran would love a speedy titan. Switch'em up!
Pipe dream really.
errorblankfield
Priest

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 11 times
FAF User Name: errorblankfield

Postby FunkOff » 23 Dec 2013, 00:04

I would love to see titan main gun DPS reduced and have it launch a 5k damage shot from a short rank TML launcher every minute or so... make it a good hit a run unit... and kind of make the loyalist a direct counter to it XD
FunkOff
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 43 times
FAF User Name: FakeOff

Postby Icy » 23 Dec 2013, 02:25

Maybe make the Percival into a dedicated anti experimental bot, and turn the Titan into an intermediate assault bot?

Percival: 9000 hp, 4000 dmg, 10s reload, 35-40 range, muzzle velocity down to 20-25 from 35. Very strong against buildings and exps, weak against anything else due to being easily dodged and epic overkill. This thing was supposed to be the UEF answer to assault exps, but it's more like an anti everything bot.

Titan: 3000 HP 1500 Shield, 200 dps plasma cannons, 50 dps dumbfire rockets(kinda like mongoose grenades), range 25, speed 3.3. Now functions as a front line assault bot like harbs or othuums. Less hp and damage, but cheaper and slightly faster.
Icy
Contributor

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 5 times
FAF User Name: tGx_Icy

Postby Gerfand » 23 Dec 2013, 02:45

Icy wrote:Maybe make the Percival into a dedicated anti experimental bot, and turn the Titan into an intermediate assault bot?

Percival: 9000 hp, 4000 dmg, 10s reload, 35-40 range, muzzle velocity down to 20-25 from 35. Very strong against buildings and exps, weak against anything else due to being easily dodged and epic overkill. This thing was supposed to be the UEF answer to assault exps, but it's more like an anti everything bot.

Titan: 3000 HP 1500 Shield, 200 dps plasma cannons, 50 dps dumbfire rockets(kinda like mongoose grenades), range 25, speed 3.3. Now functions as a front line assault bot like harbs or othuums. Less hp and damage, but cheaper and slightly faster.

At least for me, this is IMBA, also a Percy in Close Range w/ a ACU will be OP, and we still have the Brick...

EDIT:
The Percy is already an Anti Everything Bot, and what it can't counter Flaks and Titans can...
Gerfand

Postby IceDreamer » 23 Dec 2013, 03:31

Frontloading Percivals any more than currently has already been ruled out, it makes them utterly, ridiculously, stupidly broken OP no matter what you do to the HP or Cost or whatever. It's OP as all heck, or unusable. No, Percivals are good as is.
IceDreamer
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 488 times

Postby Gerfand » 26 Dec 2013, 17:43

errorblankfield wrote:^Above

If from day one, UEF had the percy and the loyalist and cybran had the brick and titan -we'd eventually reach this same problem. The titan would still suck and have no use under the cybran flag. It stands to reason, we'd offer the same suggestion -buff speed dramatically.

All I'm saying is I like this buff more for the cybran as it fits the fraction better. It will never happen, but the UEF would love the loyalist (viable TMD says hi) and cybran would love a speedy titan. Switch'em up!
Pipe dream really.

I don't think that the cybran need a more fast unit, but if they need...
what about:
Buff Loyalist speed 4->4.3
buff Titan weapon damage 50->60
?
Gerfand

Postby IceDreamer » 27 Dec 2013, 02:25

You people really have no clue huh... If that happens the Loyalist simply pulls further ahead than it is already! The DPS change for the Titan won't do a thing, Loyalist still has epic TMD, and the advantage of the Loyalist's combat is not its DPS but the firing cycle and Range. My whole point is a bit of faction diversity; the Cybran get a 9/10 Heavy Combat Tank and a faster, lighter utility unit which also has very acceptable combat strength. The UEF get a 12/10 Heavy Combat Tank and a VERY fast raiding unit with greater utility (Through virtue of that Speed) and much poorer combat strength.
IceDreamer
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 488 times

Postby Gerfand » 29 Dec 2013, 02:29

I was thinking, in the last patch, the Chrono Damper was buffed, and the Aeon ACU was able to use that against Percy/Bricks...
but both get a range nerf, soo, what about nerf the Chrono Damper range(35->32)...
This way:
-you can counter w/ both(at now they can counter only Hopilite) Ranged Bots, w/ Micro...
-the ACU can yet counter Percy/Brick
Gerfand

PreviousNext

Return to Patch 3629