Czar air micro & Restos OP

Moderator: pip

Re: Czar air micro & Restos OP

Postby errorblankfield » 16 Jul 2013, 14:23

Ze_PilOt wrote:By the way, since when ASF dying to the beam is considered a problem ?

Is it a problem when an arty hit a plane? Do we have to remove simulated projectiles from the game?

Eh, I'm all for the projectiles but I think the death beam consistently killing swarms of ASFs ridiculous. It's one thing for a random shot hitting an asf, it's another having them attracted to a death beam like flies.

It just would be nice to be able to tell my mass of asfs to kill him without worrying about it later.
errorblankfield
Priest

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 11 times
FAF User Name: errorblankfield

Postby -_V_- » 16 Jul 2013, 16:32

Ze_PilOt wrote:By the way, since when ASF dying to the beam is considered a problem ?

Is it a problem when an arty hit a plane? Do we have to remove simulated projectiles from the game?

It's not. 50 asf or even less take care of the CZAR.

It's hard to say if it's even cause 50 asf in mass are like 1/3 of the czar mass, but the energy to produce the 50 asf is 2.5 bigger roughly.

But bottom line if you get owned like this, you failed and you deserved it.

There's nothing really wrong!

When a player plays with some pew pew auroras, he doesn't just go straight to the target, he is careful,he tries to use range, and the superior maneuverability.
The fact that one has shitloads of asf shouldn't change the way one manage those units. They need to be used properly not thrown up in a stupid way.
-_V_-
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 65 times

Postby pip » 16 Jul 2013, 19:29

50 ASF against a Czar ground firing result in a Czar with 87000 HP (full veterancy and full health). You need more than 100 ASF to kill a Czar that is ground firing if you tell them to simply attack it and they fly inside the beam of doom. What is necessary to do if the Czar ground fires is not attack it, and wait for the Czar to resume its normal movement. But not all players know this, and most will just lose their 100 ASF thinking they will win handily.
pip
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 191 times
Been liked: 86 times
FAF User Name: pip

Postby galacticfear » 16 Jul 2013, 19:54

-_V_- wrote:The fact that one has shitloads of asf shouldn't change the way one manage those units. They need to be used properly not thrown up in a stupid way.

Stacked czars are pretty lethal though... and lets face it, you should not really be able to put a czar inside another one lol.
galacticfear

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 85 times
FAF User Name: galacticfear

Postby -_V_- » 16 Jul 2013, 20:51

pip wrote:50 ASF against a Czar ground firing result in a Czar with 87000 HP (full veterancy and full health).

OK no I was talking about a basic CZAR.

But not all players know this, and most will just lose their 100 ASF thinking they will win handily.

That's a very good reason to keep it as it is.

Stacked czars are pretty lethal though... and lets face it, you should not really be able to put a czar inside another one lol.

That would need to be fixed though. Agreed!
-_V_-
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 65 times

Postby Hawkei » 17 Jul 2013, 05:45

TBH this sounds like ASF micro fail to me. I'd hate to be telling pros how to micro, but, wouldn't it be possible to have the ASF strafe with a move command? Or perhaps formation move toward the CZAR? Most air to air units have a good capability for firing off axis. So there is no need to fly directly at it.
Hawkei
Supreme Commander

Location: A rather obscure planet in a small cluster of stars on the outer edge of the Milky Way Galaxy
Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 182 times
FAF User Name: Firewall

Postby errorblankfield » 17 Jul 2013, 14:09

Why do we need to against mirco this one unit again?

I found mircoing in this game to nearly always be unnecessary except to allow for minor changes to a fight.

I find this case -mirco or die- to be uncalled for in comparison.
errorblankfield
Priest

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 11 times
FAF User Name: errorblankfield

Postby pip » 17 Jul 2013, 14:57

Good luck microing ASF against a ground firing Czar. What you will achieve is most likely allow the Czar to kill the ASF with its dedicated AA weapons because ASF won't fire at it often, thus won't kill it. The only "micro" trick you can do is simply not attack it and wait till it stops ground firing.
pip
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 191 times
Been liked: 86 times
FAF User Name: pip

Postby Ze_PilOt » 17 Jul 2013, 15:04

johnie102 wrote:
Ze_PilOt wrote:
Crotalus wrote:I've been testing this out some but it seems like ASF attack behaviour is to fly straight at the centre of a unit, independent of what TargetBones is set. They shoot at different parts of the CZAR according to TargetBones but they still fly straight into the beam.

They are taking the first bone available in the list.

Does this mean that you could set the head bone of the GC as second in the list and the body bone as first, so that units will attack the body instead of the head? This would be the fix for what I said on the previous page regarding fighter-bombers.

That's how I've fixed the seraphim "foot bug" and the megalith "shallow water" bug.
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 376 times
FAF User Name: Ze_PilOt

Postby ColonelSheppard » 17 Jul 2013, 15:29

pip wrote:Good luck microing ASF against a ground firing Czar. What you will achieve is most likely allow the Czar to kill the ASF with its dedicated AA weapons because ASF won't fire at it often, thus won't kill it. The only "micro" trick you can do is simply not attack it and wait till it stops ground firing.

100 ASF lost without micro [masswise]
10ASF lost when atacked with micro [masswise] (while i was trying this i once made it with only 3 lost)
If you atack with only 50ASF, you lose a few more but it still works.
I think it's logical not to fly into a FAT beam from a FAT airfortress.

So pip sorry but this statement is not true.
ColonelSheppard
Contributor

Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 165 times
FAF User Name: Sheppy

PreviousNext

Return to Patch 3626 beta