Recommended adjustments

Moderator: pip

Re: Recommended adjustments

Postby Nombringer » 09 Jun 2013, 10:57

This why I have replay thread, so you can make a post here, and the replays will be there.
BC_Blackheart: i just copy his shit and do it 5% better leads to easy win usually xD

Need help? Are you a new player? Feel free to message me any time in the lobby :) Lessons may cost a portoin of your soul.... (Noms are included but not guaranteed)
Nombringer
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 210 times
Been liked: 65 times
FAF User Name: Nombringer

Postby Ithilis_Quo » 09 Jun 2013, 18:46

pip wrote:I added an item : Obsidian speed reduction to 2.7 (from 2.9). Now that Obsidians are really buffed and probably the best t2 tank (they never die!), they should be as slow as Ilshavoh (not faster). The gap in speed between pillar (speed = 3) and obsidians (currently 2.9) needs to be widened again.

Of course that obsidian would be the best T2 land, he cost most, that why has been cheaper tank better? And why hes so strong? I dont understand, when you compare 2 pillars vs 1 obisdian, that 1 obsidian is better? Becase thats +- price/time of obsidian. And on that price and useless Blaze hes only buy-able T2 land, and arent that good because owerkilled units and hight rof. It was saying here many time and nobody lisen. :idea: And you really wanna make him slower? Hes lighter tank here, he hes strong is shield, and shield has not high weight. Ok make him lower but change the price you must pay for him. Obsidian is like german tank Tiger, very good on battlefield but hard to build so wining battles and defeating war, becase on that price your enemy can build whole army, what aeon cant, because has only Obsis.

On that point the shield is only way how do something, and not so effective against fast T1 Spam Aeons has nothing against spam, Thtats the biggest problem of Aeons.
"Fixed in Equilibrium" Washy
Ithilis_Quo
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 395 times
Been liked: 181 times
FAF User Name: Ithilis

Postby Golol » 09 Jun 2013, 18:59

I added an item : Obsidian speed reduction to 2.7 (from 2.9). Now that Obsidians are really buffed and probably the best t2 tank (they never die!), they should be as slow as Ilshavoh (not faster). The gap in speed between pillar (speed = 3) and obsidians (currently 2.9) needs to be widened again.

where did that come from?
chickenbots beat obsidians in a direct fight because they have more hp than obsis when fighting obsis (overkill). only when used with shields the obsis have a chance. when the sera bots kite, they will get problems again.
and chickenbots can focus fire. obsis cant. well they can, but doing that will be reallly bad. reeeeally bad.
just the same way pillars have 1920 hp when fighting obsidians. and they are supposed to lose when the obsidians get in range.
obsidians really buffed??
they got a little splash and less energy consumption. i didnt take the energy consumption in account anyways in my tests.
the chickenbots are still better than obsis in nearly any way
Golol
Contributor

Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 21 times
FAF User Name: Golol

Postby pip » 09 Jun 2013, 23:29

Here is a replay showing how imba is the current nano upgrade for UEF. Courtesy of Blackheart, whom I thank for his help. My apologies for the 5 ACU he killed. May they rest in peace.
Attachments
opuefnanoregen.fafreplay
(308.32 KiB) Downloaded 87 times
pip
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 191 times
Been liked: 86 times
FAF User Name: pip

Postby Anaryl » 13 Jun 2013, 09:23

You think it's normal that when a mantis and a Loyalist attack a Ilshavoh, the Ilshavoh targets the mantis (and worse, it will switch targets if it was first shooting at the Loyalis) ? I don't, this is stupid and needs to be fixed.

This makes more sense that what you are proposing. The reason why you would want your Illy to target mantis over Loyalist is because you will reduce dps faster, than if you targeted Loyalist first (Loyalist will tank for mantis, increasing effective dps over time.).

Will peruse the rest of the thread.

For UEF nano, 90% of the people who play don't know the changelog, they don't know that UEF nano is now OP (or even that it was changed, or even that this upgrade actually exists) so they will not use it. I guess we shall wait until someone figures out it is currently very easy to abuse.

I can't take you seriously when you say things like this. "90%", please tell me you just didn't presume to take a bullshit statistic that you made up in your head, then extrapolated your assumption to the entire population of the UEF. You also invoked special pleading to avoid defending your opinion. Your work is seriously half-assed.
Anaryl
Banned

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 6 times
FAF User Name: Anaryl

Postby ColonelSheppard » 13 Jun 2013, 11:26

pip wrote:Here is a replay showing how imba is the current nano upgrade for UEF. Courtesy of Blackheart, whom I thank for his help. My apologies for the 5 ACU he killed. May they rest in peace.

The situation was really unlikely, if there is t3 on the field nano is useable because of 12.000 hp getting nuked away by a few percies or something similar
(and with 3k mass it's really normally a T3 upgrade) the players in this game failed to counter it because they didnt really noticed it first, also Blackheart had an way better eco
ColonelSheppard
Contributor

Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 165 times
FAF User Name: Sheppy

Postby ZLO_RD » 13 Jun 2013, 12:50

WTF? was that a balance testing replay with BlackHeart???

this was actually OP, i do not remember that you can upgraide that shit without 1-2 t2 power before...

EDIT: Why eradicator in the end of replay sain "and one for zlo" :?:
http://www.youtube.com/user/dimatularus
http://www.twitch.tv/zlo_rd
TA4Life: "At the very least we are not slaves to the UI"
ZLO_RD
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 303 times
Been liked: 400 times
FAF User Name: ZLO

Postby pip » 13 Jun 2013, 13:12

ZLO_RD wrote:WTF? was that a balance testing replay with BlackHeart???

this was actually OP, i do not remember that you can upgraide that shit without 1-2 t2 power before...

It used to cost 200 000 energy, it's now 52500 with same regen, 200 hp / sec. So before, you needed t3, now you need just one t2 or even just t1 and a boost from you team mates. It's not the price that matters, but the regen value in relation to the price. For such high regen value, the previous price was correct, but it makes the upgrade useless due to the existence of shield upgrade. Hence the suggestions to reduce the price AND the regen value, not just the price.

Here is another replay where it is used and give the team who uses it a big advantage. If other replays are required, i'm sure there are a few available in the vault. It would be funny to see a team of 4 UEF players using nano with the current 200 hp / regen.
Attachments
Chosen first test of uef nano.fafreplay
(246.64 KiB) Downloaded 69 times
pip
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 191 times
Been liked: 86 times
FAF User Name: pip

Postby Neojacques » 13 Jun 2013, 13:34

pip wrote:Here is a replay showing how imba is the current nano upgrade for UEF. Courtesy of Blackheart, whom I thank for his help. My apologies for the 5 ACU he killed. May they rest in peace.

Pentakill well would be nice if we were playing league of legend, but FA is not good. I ask attention because look I found this really OP. But several factors have to see, had maximum level veteran, shield and nano repair ... :shock:
Neojacques
Crusader

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time
FAF User Name: Jack_Jack

Postby ZLO_RD » 13 Jun 2013, 13:38

he got 210 regen on 600-700 power, he can be shot by 2 ACUs constantly and his health will not decreace!
TOTAL IMBA REDUCE TO 100 regen at least or even less, i am not sure when i want this upgraide, and how make it usefull but not imba...
http://www.youtube.com/user/dimatularus
http://www.twitch.tv/zlo_rd
TA4Life: "At the very least we are not slaves to the UI"
ZLO_RD
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 303 times
Been liked: 400 times
FAF User Name: ZLO

PreviousNext

Return to Patch 3626 beta