Where is the patch?

Moderator: pip

Re: Where is the patch?

Postby Nombringer » 04 Jun 2013, 14:18

It too am confused? Is something broken for you?
BC_Blackheart: i just copy his shit and do it 5% better leads to easy win usually xD

Need help? Are you a new player? Feel free to message me any time in the lobby :) Lessons may cost a portoin of your soul.... (Noms are included but not guaranteed)
Nombringer
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 210 times
Been liked: 65 times
FAF User Name: Nombringer

Postby ZaphodX » 04 Jun 2013, 14:19

When you double click one of the featured mods it will automatically download and patch your game.

But yes - we should give our full attention to new users who have the very unique perspective of identifying inadequacies experienced by a new user that old users are completely oblivious to.
ZaphodX
Contributor

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: TAG_ZaphodX

Postby ColonelSheppard » 04 Jun 2013, 14:25

Ravior wrote:It doesnt work. Ive never got patched nor did I receive any links.

wtf, you say you can play, that means you got patched, then you complain there was no error message when everything worked fine dfug?
ColonelSheppard
Contributor

Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 165 times
FAF User Name: Sheppy

Postby Nombringer » 04 Jun 2013, 14:30

ZaphodX wrote:But yes - we should give our full attention to new users who have the very unique perspective of identifying inadequacies experienced by a new user that old users are completely oblivious to.

Ah yes, what part do you feel needs improvement?

Your not working/working thing threw us off there... :D
BC_Blackheart: i just copy his shit and do it 5% better leads to easy win usually xD

Need help? Are you a new player? Feel free to message me any time in the lobby :) Lessons may cost a portoin of your soul.... (Noms are included but not guaranteed)
Nombringer
Supreme Commander

Postby Ze_PilOt » 04 Jun 2013, 14:38

I should make the progress bar on patching last 30 min even it take a fraction of second, and put annoying popup saying something is done everywhere.
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 376 times
FAF User Name: Ze_PilOt

Postby Nombringer » 04 Jun 2013, 14:40

Ze_PilOt wrote:I should make the progress bar on patching last 30 min even it take a fraction of second, and put annoying popup saying something is done everywhere.

The sad thing that would probably help :D

Nombringer
Supreme Commander

Postby J_C » 04 Jun 2013, 16:47

lol smart people just dont get it. I think what he meant is that he was expecting an installer to patch instead of a simple progress bar :lol:
J_C

FAF User Name: JC

Postby Ravior » 04 Jun 2013, 18:17

You ALL got it wrong!

From your last post you said nothing was working.....

No I did not say that nothing was working. I said, that the game is not being patched. That has nothing to do with the fact if the game starts and I get into the lobbies of games.

wtf, you say you can play, that means you got patched, then you complain there was no error message when everything worked fine dfug?

Yes I CAN PLAY! BUT...:

With the client I can join or host a game - but my forged alliance is not being patched! As soon as the actual game starts, desyncs occur. Thats just happening if the versions differ, which is the case because I didnt get patched!

There is no patch working whatsoever! You dont need to make a progressbar occur longer, you should just check in the lobby if the games all have the same version.

OR: What could also be the case is that I get patched but I get desyncs for some other reason, but afaik this belongs to differing game versions.

You guys where making jokes all the time now because you didnt really knew what the actual case is ;)

Ah yes, what part do you feel needs improvement?

Your not working/working thing threw us off there...

Was that question regarded to me?
Ravior

Postby Nombringer » 04 Jun 2013, 18:34

Ravior wrote:No, everything works fine when starting a balance test mod game. I could also join all the other games I tried.

-_- If your actually having issues:

Tech support form. Logs.

Nombringer
Supreme Commander

Postby ColonelSheppard » 04 Jun 2013, 20:37

Ravior wrote:As soon as the actual game starts, desyncs occur.

finally you told your matter, took not less that two sites

go to the ProgramData folder
open FAF folder
open
gamedata
delete everything you find there
see if it works
ColonelSheppard
Contributor

Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 165 times
FAF User Name: Sheppy