czar

Moderator: pip

Re: czar

Postby Gorton » 05 Jun 2013, 19:03

I hate to be "that guy" but can we call a vote that Ithilis is not allowed to post until he fixes his grammar and spelling?
"who is this guy, he didnt play gpg or what?" - RA_ZLO

*FAF Moderator*
Gorton
Councillor - Moderation

Has liked: 1067 times
Been liked: 455 times
FAF User Name: Gorton

Postby Mycen » 05 Jun 2013, 20:59

Gorton wrote:I hate to be "that guy" but can we call a vote that Ithilis is not allowed to post until he fixes his grammar and spelling?

I think it's the ideas that are the problem, not how they are presented...
Mycen
Evaluator

Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 40 times
FAF User Name: Mycen

Postby Plasma_Wolf » 05 Jun 2013, 21:53

The CZARs AA is quite useful, but only for stragglers. A couple of ASFs? No problem!

It has 4 SAM sites worth 230 DPS, one in each direction. That's more than enough for self defence. The Soul Ripper has to do with 25% of that. In addition, the soul ripper does not have a GIANT DEATH BEAM that kills a 100 ASFs if the player using them is not careful. We've had posts complaining about the OP-ness of the CZAR in that direction.

Anyway: For 45000 mass you get a huge frisbee with a higher ground DPS than the Galactic colossus. At any place without proper AA, the CZAR owns everything (not unlike other air experimentals). When AA is around, don't send the CZAR in. When AA is flying over your own base, you keep 81% the invested mass (and that's without mentioning the fact that your enemy loses fighters in the process).

Furthermore, you get a factory and enough room for your own air experimental killing ASF blob that others will make others complain about the lack of AA on those experimental.

Every experimental has a huge lack of self-defence. Every single one (with the exception of the megalith against submarines).
Plasma_Wolf
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 91 times
FAF User Name: Plasma_Wolf

Postby ggstack » 05 Jun 2013, 22:39

BRNKoINSANITY wrote:If you lose a czar to 50 asf that simply means that you fail at micro and management. Czar is a support unit for AA, a factory, and primarily a ground attack unit. You need to use it to draw ASF over sams, support from a distance your ASF swarm, or build 2-3 and then simply sit there swatting planes from the sky like flies (for you no rush players out there ;) ). 50 ASF can easily be taken down with a czar and a wing of 20 fighters.

To sum up the 5 paragraphs I could type on how to use a Czar and what its strengths are... It is NOT an air superiority unit!!! If you use it as such you will fail. Use it as a factory/support/ ACU snipe option. Also, vet it with engies.

Thank you!
ggstack

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: Heimdall

Postby Armmagedon » 05 Jun 2013, 22:46

I have to say that CZAR have a bug exploit, it can kill 100 ASF without any hp lost, i dont will say how to do it, because its not good, but that should be fixed.
Armmagedon

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 5 times
FAF User Name: ARMMAGEDON

Postby FunkOff » 05 Jun 2013, 22:54

Armmagedon wrote:I have to say that CZAR have a bug exploit, it can kill 100 ASF without any hp lost, i dont will say how to do it, because its not good, but that should be fixed.

It's not an exploit or a bug.
FunkOff
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 43 times
FAF User Name: FakeOff

Postby IceDreamer » 06 Jun 2013, 00:21

It is unintentional though. I mean, the result of flying through the beam is intentional, but the fact that the flight AI is thick enough to do it in the first place is unintended. Would changing from one central target bone to three or four further out on the disk solve the issue a bit?
IceDreamer
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 488 times

Postby Icy » 06 Jun 2013, 00:50

Being able to murder large numbers of unmicrod ASF with ground fire adds depth to the game. If you don't want to lose all your fighters, micro around the beam, or engage it with restorers/continentals. Not only does it make the unit useful for something other than a t4 mercy, it promotes better aircraft control.

That being said, the simplest way to remove that functionality is to just lower the flight height to below that of ASF. That way when they pass through the middle during an attack, the fighters fly above the beam's spawn point.

Also, it is the only carrier buildable on land maps. The speed that a czar can repair a huge airforce in the late game should not be underestimated. I wouldn't mind a crash dmg nerf, but overall the czar feels pretty good as is.
Icy
Contributor

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 5 times
FAF User Name: tGx_Icy

Postby Ithilis_Quo » 06 Jun 2013, 02:25

I never say that he isnt good, Czar is good of course that is
This post want point on fact that 4/5 him AA dmg is:
A.) beam ground fire (imho quite exploit, same like stoping with ahwasa) with enemy micro dont occur
B.) officially in flak who never hit, and then is useless (take 0 dmg)
C.) missile that aim only one unit in time, and then 3 from 8 missiles are missing target.

so from 2880 AA dmg what is saying he has effective only 576 AA dmg =>5 missile x 300dmg:2,6sec on reload time.
That is the point, so dont complain my and yourself.
"Fixed in Equilibrium" Washy
Ithilis_Quo
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 395 times
Been liked: 181 times
FAF User Name: Ithilis

Postby BRNKoINSANITY » 06 Jun 2013, 05:25

In case you hadn't noticed, the high damage flak is absolutely lethal to swarms of gunships..... It is not useless. The flak missing is a fair trade for the ridiculous land damage of 3k+. You can't have an all powerful unit with no weaknesses. If the changes you suggest were implemented, the first team to a czar and 50 ASF would win the game, and there is almost nothing the other team could do about it short of spamming flak EVERYWHERE on the whole map. Kind of an absurd notion if you ask me.
BRNKoINSANITY
Evaluator

Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 207 times
FAF User Name: BRNKoINSANITY

Previous

Return to Patch 3626 beta