New FXs. Topic is solved

Moderator: pip

Re: New FXs.

Postby Ze_PilOt » 31 May 2013, 17:24

If you are 100% it does not bring inaccuracy.
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 376 times
FAF User Name: Ze_PilOt

Postby vongratz » 31 May 2013, 17:35

pip wrote: When several units are killed at the same time, the battlefield becomes very hard to read, you cannot distinguish AOE weapon fx like arty shots, or bomber drops from units explosions fx that are way bigger and flashier.

Wow , you had painted exactly a battlefield scenary!!!!
Well, Im very suspect, because Im fan of 4th Dimension Explosions mod in all cases.... :D
Last edited by vongratz on 31 May 2013, 17:47, edited 1 time in total.
vongratz

Has liked: 165 times
Been liked: 9 times

Postby Golol » 31 May 2013, 17:41

i think that there are big explosions is cool, but bigger units should still have bigger explosions than smaller units.
maybe explosions of t1 units should be turned down a little and explosions of t2/t3 bumped up a little.
Golol
Contributor

Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 21 times
FAF User Name: Golol

Postby VoiceofReason » 31 May 2013, 18:42

Yea its completely off to watch t1 explode as if a stratbomb and firebeetle with a touch of Crayola going off everytime
VoiceofReason
Priest

Has liked: 175 times
Been liked: 53 times
FAF User Name: VoRCom

Postby Cola_Colin » 31 May 2013, 18:48

I totally don't like this.
Also the spawning explosion of the acu does not remove trees and other stuff anymore, ruining balance on some maps, because some ppl end up having to reclaim for ages before they can build anything,
Cola_Colin
Contributor

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: Cola_Colin

Postby -_V_- » 31 May 2013, 18:51

Is it technically possible to make it as a visual option ?
Then no real debate, to each his own.

I would personally disable them.
-_V_-
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 65 times

Postby Golol » 31 May 2013, 18:55

Cola_Colin wrote:Also the spawning explosion of the acu does not remove trees and other stuff anymore, ruining balance on some maps, because some ppl end up having to reclaim for ages before they can build anything,

i also had that a few times in recent games but it wasnt balance test mod! so i dont think the fancy explosions are the reason
Golol
Contributor

Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 21 times
FAF User Name: Golol

Postby ICKEN » 31 May 2013, 19:08

i dont like it because its very disturbing. if you control + k something now it takes ages until the building is destoryed.

after you have spawned the trees arround your acu dont disapear. i dont like this too. i want a tree free area arround my acu :)
another thing i have noticed is that it takes longer to reclaim trees now. i am not sure about it but it felt different. also not good :P
Teamwork is a lot of people doing what i say
ICKEN

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 8 times
FAF User Name: ICKEN

Postby Benoker » 31 May 2013, 21:53

Bigger boom does not equal better game. ;)

Some of the effects are really nice, others are way over top. Personally I like the current explosions for T1-T3 units more, for me they just fit better to the "realistic" theme of FA.
Benoker
Contributor

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 1 time
FAF User Name: Benoker

Postby Nombringer » 31 May 2013, 22:37

At the end of the day an FX update will always be a good thing for the game, I have some free time at the moment and I'll see if I have the skills to tone some down.

I think an FX update IS needed, but maybe not THIS one.

What are people's opinion on an FXbupdate in general? Personally I believe it's a great idea, the FX are slightly old, and new FX gives a REALLY good impression of the game being worked on and improved. (On the PA forums people still talk about it as simply a balance MOD -_-)
BC_Blackheart: i just copy his shit and do it 5% better leads to easy win usually xD

Need help? Are you a new player? Feel free to message me any time in the lobby :) Lessons may cost a portoin of your soul.... (Noms are included but not guaranteed)
Nombringer
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 210 times
Been liked: 65 times
FAF User Name: Nombringer

PreviousNext

Return to Patch 3626 beta