QAI concerns.

Moderator: pip

QAI concerns.

Postby Ze_PilOt » 30 May 2013, 10:33

so uef and cybran hover tank not speed 4? -sorry no

I can take a faction numbers and copy paste them for all others. That would be dumb, no ?
These tanks were buffed because sera & aeon doesn't have ranged bots. UEF & cybran have, so they don't need more speed to catch themselves.

You can call that faction diversity or whatever you want, but it's just balancing the units toward how the factions are actually played, not how similar their units are.

Aeon T2 mobile shield energy consumption decreased to 75 (from 125). -would see more of this unit ok, cause mobile shield nerf sounds reasonable too.
yes its tech2 but its still usable and should be at tech3. other factions mobile shields should be changed also otherwise its a nerf for seraphim and uef. (their mobile shields get less useful compared to aeon)

Same, read the shield thread. Also, their importance is decreased at T3 as the virtual HP buff is comparatively less important, and stacking inefficient.

Obsidian is op with this change, bots still can kite them, and hover tank is intended for raiding not direct encounter with army or to be used vs tech2 bots
obsidian is the aeon's answer for tech2bots -> lower bots speed from 3.6 to 3.2 like in diamond mod.
this also makes blaze and other hover tanks more usefull

You are not very clear. There is also a big difference between what you think units are, and how they actually are used.
Blaze & Obsidians were tweaked by players and top players (Crazed) that actually play aeon.
By making bots slower, you make them able to be catched by T1, making them virtually useless.

Sniper bot doesn't need to deploy. - i made brick/percival but i never catch up obv, and if u use titan/loyalist they just die from like 2-3shot
and this way they can kite GC Monkeylord and Ythotha. also never heard of a 'sniper' that fires on the move and hits

Fair concern, and this has already been addressed, read the latest changelog.

Cybran ACU base regen to 17. -good but should be 15 like it was. still almost twice(*1.7) regen than other acu, yes its paper thats because its cybran acu.

That will probably be tweaked soon.

please try in the next version the hoplite/mongoose speed change from 3.6 to 3.2 like in diamond mod.
Heath normalized to 3599 levels mongoose 900, hoplite 650 -this optional to make up for speed balance

I really don't want to go that way. Averaging units is not good.
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 376 times
FAF User Name: Ze_PilOt

Re: QAI concerns.

Postby qai » 30 May 2013, 12:22

Ze_PilOt wrote:

I can take a faction numbers and copy paste them for all others. That would be dumb, no ?
These tanks were buffed because sera & aeon doesn't have ranged bots. UEF & cybran have, so they don't need more speed to catch themselves.

You can call that faction diversity or whatever you want, but it's just balancing the units toward how the factions are actually played, not how similar their units are.

"I can take a faction numbers and copy paste them for all others. That would be dumb, no?" i agree
but tech2 bots cant go on water.
qai

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times
FAF User Name: QAI

Postby Ze_PilOt » 30 May 2013, 12:25

qai wrote:
Ze_PilOt wrote:

"I can take a faction numbers and copy paste them for all others. That would be dumb, no?" i agree
but tech2 bots cant go on water.

Well the change is not related to water actually.
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Postby qai » 30 May 2013, 12:29

Ze_PilOt wrote:Well the change is not related to water actually.

the intention sure but changes to Tech2 Amphibious Tanks are related to water
qai

Postby Ze_PilOt » 30 May 2013, 12:32

Ok and ?
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Postby qai » 30 May 2013, 12:37

how cybran/uef(speed 3.7) catch up to aeon/seraphim(speed 4.0) hovertanks on land/sea?
or its time for aeon/seraphim to kite?

also with speed 4 they go almost fast as ships which is silly((tech2 Cruiser speed 4.5)warships made actually to travel in water)
qai

Postby Ze_PilOt » 30 May 2013, 13:48

It is a real problem or a imaginary problem ?
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Postby qai » 30 May 2013, 14:31

qai wrote:how cybran/uef(speed 3.7) catch up to aeon/seraphim(speed 4.0) hovertanks on land/sea?
or its time for aeon/seraphim to kite?
also with speed 4 they go almost fast as ships which is silly((tech2 Cruiser speed 4.5)warships made actually to travel in water)

aeon hover tank gets buff to be viable vs tech2bots also gets speed buff -ok
buff seraphim hover tank speed -?
dont buff cybran/uef hover tank speed -?

they are not equal in mass/dps/hp/range/accuracy etc but equal in speed, i see no reason to remove that

Ze_PilOt wrote:It is a real problem or a imaginary problem ?

Tech 2 Amphibious Tanks
viewtopic.php?f=57&t=4125&p=44064#p44064
Last edited by qai on 30 May 2013, 17:39, edited 1 time in total.
qai

Postby IceDreamer » 30 May 2013, 14:47

Play the game with the changes and offer replace proving there is a gameplay balance problem. Only by this method will you change his mind.
IceDreamer
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 488 times

Postby qai » 31 May 2013, 00:38

thanks for answering.
some of these concerns/changes resolved.
those are left, found in each topic respectively
qai

Next

Return to Patch 3626 beta