Obsidians

Moderator: pip

Obsidians

Postby Aulex » 30 May 2013, 01:11

I feel like a better change for the obsidian is increase the range to 30, keep the aoe 0 and increase their speed
The reason behind this is:
1. Their niche is to kill t2 units, by increasing their range it will allow them to outrange ever t2 unit except for mml and ranged bots. By increasing their speed it will allow them to chase down ranged bots as they kite, making them a dedicated t2 killer.

2. By adding the aoe, it'll make a obsidian a t1 killer which is what zep is going for but, auroras already rape against t1 units especially when shields are added so i feel like aeon just need a t2 counter, the aoe is just excessive.
"Let's start beating ass and die" - drunk TA4Life

"Just because you have a d*** doesn't mean you need to be one...pussy" -Blackdeath

SCOUTING SAVES LIVES
http://imgur.com/YGk0W0o

How to play Sup Com by Ubilaz
http://goo.gl/je83z
Aulex
Contributor

Has liked: 299 times
Been liked: 225 times
FAF User Name: VoR_Aulex

Re: Obsidians

Postby FunkOff » 30 May 2013, 01:31

Aulex wrote:I feel like a better change for the obsidian is increase the range to 30, keep the aoe 0 and increase their speed
The reason behind this is:
1. Their niche is to kill t2 units, by increasing their range it will allow them to outrange ever t2 unit except for mml and ranged bots. By increasing their speed it will allow them to chase down ranged bots as they kite, making them a dedicated t2 killer.

2. By adding the aoe, it'll make a obsidian a t1 killer which is what zep is going for but, auroras already rape against t1 units especially when shields are added so i feel like aeon just need a t2 counter, the aoe is just excessive.

Holy jesus christ dude: The Obsideon already IS a T2 killer: It completely murders every other T2 tank out there that it can catch. 30 range would give it more than an aurora, and more than an ACU! This thing would utterly rape everything.

AND you want to give it more speed on top of that?!?!?!?!
FunkOff
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 43 times
FAF User Name: FakeOff

Postby Aulex » 30 May 2013, 01:45

You can easily kite the shit out of it

"Just because you have a d*** doesn't mean you need to be one...pussy" -Blackdeath

SCOUTING SAVES LIVES

Aulex
Contributor

Postby Bliss » 30 May 2013, 01:54

What???? more speed???? I see the obsidian as a slow tanking unit ... i think aoe is fine but I would even slow down its speed ... in the actual balance test it one-shots two strikers

For speed there is Blaze
Bliss
Contributor

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 7 times
FAF User Name: Bliss

Postby Swkoll » 30 May 2013, 02:14

Currently the obsideon is quite well matched against anti t2 units like the pillar. Your changes would allow the obsideon to easily counter the mongoose/hoptile which IMHO is the only effective counter cybran and especially UEF have. Your change would allow it to kite anti-t2 units. This would make the rhino and pillar useless against the obsideon. The seraphim bots would be completely useless against them as well making t2 land for phim useless.

I would be in favor of a few small blaze buffs to make it a viable anti t1 option and for aeon to receive no buffs to the obsideon.

Edit: Is this a joke and I'm too dumb to get it?
"Only the fear of the hypnotoad is preventing me from raging right now." - ColonelSheppard
"Swkoll is a genius, let's accept this and move on" - VoR_Gorton
Swkoll
Contributor

Has liked: 114 times
Been liked: 41 times
FAF User Name: Swkoll

Postby FunkOff » 30 May 2013, 02:47

Swkoll wrote:Currently the obsideon is quite well matched against anti t2 units like the pillar. Your changes would allow the obsideon to easily counter the mongoose/hoptile which IMHO is the only effective counter cybran and especially UEF have. Your change would allow it to kite anti-t2 units. This would make the rhino and pillar useless against the obsideon. The seraphim bots would be completely useless against them as well making t2 land for phim useless.

This is exactly right.

Right now, Obsideons beat ilshovahs without help, and utterly murder them when backed up by mobile shields. Pillars and obsideons are roughly matched, with obsideons performing a little better.
FunkOff
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 43 times
FAF User Name: FakeOff

Postby Aulex » 30 May 2013, 03:16

Yea scratch everything i said, did some testing with funk, turns out i'm wrong.

SCOUTING SAVES LIVES

Aulex
Contributor

Postby Valki » 30 May 2013, 09:42

>> I would like to see a +100% projectile speed increase for the obsidians.

Obsidians even overkill on T2 units because their slow projectile speed lets many obsidians shoot at a damaged unit that is already 'doomed'.
Valki

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 27 times
FAF User Name: Valki

Postby pip » 30 May 2013, 09:46

Valki wrote:>> I would like to see a +100% projectile speed increase for the obsidians.

Obsidians even overkill on T2 units because their slow projectile speed lets many obsidians shoot at a damaged unit that is already 'doomed'.

This has nothing to do with the slow speed of the obsidians projectile but is due to the fact their weapon has a charge delay of 0.4. The small AOE partially alleviated this because the shots were not all wasted, and could hit a nearby unit. With AOE removed, the problem will be fully back.
pip
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 191 times
Been liked: 86 times
FAF User Name: pip

Postby Lu_Xun_17 » 30 May 2013, 10:08

shild reload time didn't need a buff (now it can get 2 shilds in the same fight!)
aoe is still too powerfull. We should try aoe = 1
Lu_Xun_17
Contributor

Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 224 times
FAF User Name: LuXy

Next

Return to Patch 3626 beta