T3 Armored Assault.

Moderator: pip

Re: T3 Armored Assault.

Postby sasin » 04 Jun 2013, 23:02

Zock wrote:The range nerf for percy/brick was removed without any testing of it. I think this was a better idea then the buildtime increase, because it will not reduce the number of units on the field, but it will allow the counters (snipers mob arty) for percy/bricks to deal with them easier and also decrese the gap beteween percys/bricks and all other t3/t4 units aswell as t2 pds. With just a buildtime increase, percys would still steamroll everything once you have enough. It would shift the problem to a later point, but not solve it.

The range nerf should be as big as possible while ensuring that percys still beat all other t3/t4 units, and bricks are decent at it.

If there still should be a buildtime increase, i'd suggest to lower it to 6000 buildtime (4800 original, 7200 current value).

For the range nerf i'd start with 30 range (from currently 35) and see if thats too harsh. Eventually 32 will be good, but you never know if you dont try.

I feel like maybe you could start with 32, especially given the sniper buffs etc. Then, wait a little and see what people come up with. Let people have some time to try the sniper bots etc. If it still doesn't work, bump it down again to 30. Making bigger changes off the bat is more likely to lead to unintended side effects, no?

Edit: Zock, now that I don't lose every game I play I'm not scared to post publicly about such things. Exciting, eh?
sasin
Priest

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 43 times
FAF User Name: sasin

Previous

Return to Patch 3626 beta