3626 Changelog.

Moderator: pip

Re: 3626 Changelog.

Postby pip » 29 May 2013, 19:35

This patch is solid globally, but I'm really not a fan of the aurora facing speed of 310. It looks really too fast in game, especially for a unit that is not meant to be fast.

Besides, when the turret speed of the mantis was upped from 90 to 120, it was OP and caused much ruckus. Since the aurora has turret fixed to its body, it's like it has a turret turn speed of 310 degrees in one sec. It's really super fast, it's three times faster than all other tanks turret turn speed. We have to be careful that it's not too much (and even needed in the first place). Removing the charge delay already improves the aurora a lot, so

I know Djostkov is happy but still ... :?
pip
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 191 times
Been liked: 86 times
FAF User Name: pip

Postby Ze_PilOt » 29 May 2013, 19:39

Well it's either that or more HP.
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 376 times
FAF User Name: Ze_PilOt

Postby Koecher » 29 May 2013, 19:49

pip wrote:Besides, when the turret speed of the mantis was upped from 90 to 120, it was OP and caused much ruckus. Since the aurora has turret fixed to its body, it's like it has a turret turn speed of 310 degrees in one sec.

I dont think you can compar this. Mantis are used to rush in, so the turrent speed allowed them to focus there target faster.
As Auroras are ment to run away from the enemy, it dont give them an advantage on this point.

All in all, I'm just a bit worried that sniperbots spammed might be a problem. But games need to show that. The long buildtime should end up in spamming titans/loyalists in early t3 stage. Might be interesting :)
Koecher
Contributor

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 20 times
FAF User Name: Koecher

Postby Ze_PilOt » 29 May 2013, 19:55

It will be tweaked accordingly to your replays, so keep them coming :)
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Postby pip » 29 May 2013, 20:06

The aurora facing speed is less a problem than for the mantis because of aurora HP, but it "looks bad", it doesn't feel natural at all. I would personnally prefer more hp if aurora needs another buff than just removing the charge weapon time.

As for sniper spam, remember these guys can be countered by t1 units, something you cannot do for any other t3 units. However, I'm concerned with their super high speed (4) which precisely prevents t1 units to catch up with snipers. I believe that will be more a problem than their cost reduction, because they will be really hard to catch up with.

We shall wait for the replays, though.
pip
Supreme Commander

Postby FunkOff » 29 May 2013, 22:04

I dont think auroras needed any buff, they are the hardest thing to deal with as seraphim.
FunkOff
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 43 times
FAF User Name: FakeOff

Postby Sleepyhead » 29 May 2013, 22:42

Ze_PilOt wrote:
Wakke wrote:
Ze_PilOt wrote:Aeon snipers :
ignore t1 land units unless manually targetted

Does this also apply to radar blips? If yes, note that the sniper has more info than you...

Test it ?

Just tested in sandbox. Snipers do not automatically fire on gray radar blips if those blips belong to T1 units.
Sleepyhead

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time
FAF User Name: Sleepyhead

Postby pip » 29 May 2013, 22:46

FunkOff wrote:I dont think auroras needed any buff, they are the hardest thing to deal with as seraphim.

Bombers?
pip
Supreme Commander

Postby Ze_PilOt » 29 May 2013, 22:48

Sleepyhead wrote:Just tested in sandbox. Snipers do not automatically fire on gray radar blips if those blips belong to T1 units.

Thanks, that's a problem then. I will revert that.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Postby qai » 30 May 2013, 01:20

Blaze speed to 4 (from 3.7)
Yanzyne (T2 hover tank) speed up to 4.

so uef and cybran hover tank not speed 4? -sorry no

Aeon blaze muzzle velocity up to 45 (from 40) - didn't test this one but sound reasonable

Aeon T2 mobile shield energy consumption decreased to 75 (from 125). -would see more of this unit ok, cause mobile shield nerf sounds reasonable too.
yes its tech2 but its still usable and should be at tech3. other factions mobile shields should be changed also otherwise its a nerf for seraphim and uef. (their mobile shields get less useful compared to aeon)

Obsidian is op with this change, bots still can kite them, and hover tank is intended for raiding not direct encounter with army or to be used vs tech2 bots
obsidian is the aeon's answer for tech2bots -> lower bots speed from 3.6 to 3.2 like in diamond mod.
this also makes blaze and other hover tanks more usefull

"why speed change: slower units, like Obsidian will be more usefull and less likely to be KITED.
Bots would be still the 2nd fastest tech2 land units this way and still can be used to raid/kite.
Obsidian speed is 2.9 or 3.0 with this little difference aeon tech2 should become way less 'strain'."
Aurora speed is 3.1 less vulnerable to tech2 bots, aurora gets better also.

Aurora - faction difference, maybe acceptable, need more test(when aurora gets in numbers are exceptionally good without this change)

Sniper bot doesn't need to deploy. - i made brick/percival but i never catch up obv, and if u use titan/loyalist they just die from like 2-3shot
and this way they can kite GC Monkeylord and Ythotha. also never heard of a 'sniper' that fires on the move and hits

Cybran ACU base regen to 17. -good but should be 15 like it was. still almost twice(*1.7) regen than other acu, yes its paper thats because its cybran acu.

Cerberus DPS (damage = 10 from 11). --yes better good job.

Percival and brick Builtime increase to 7200 (from 4800). :lol:
Continental (T3 transport) shild energy consumption = 400 (from 250) :lol:

Atlantis max speed =2.8 (from 2.5) - better but its a carrier so it shouldnt be where it has to run away. imo pointless
Atlantis AA Aoe = 1.5 (from 0)- better but its a carrier not some aa atack ship imo pointless

please try in the next version the hoplite/mongoose speed change from 3.6 to 3.2 like in diamond mod.
Heath normalized to 3599 levels mongoose 900, hoplite 650 -this optional to make up for speed balance
qai

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times
FAF User Name: QAI

PreviousNext

Return to Patch 3626 beta