biass's maps/map diary

Interesting mapping tools and mapping help.

Moderator: Morax

Re: biass's maps/map diary

Postby biass » 24 Mar 2016, 15:55

Already done, still worth scanning over :D
Map thread: https://bit.ly/2PBsa5H

Petricpwnz wrote:biass on his campaign to cleanse and remake every single map of FAF because he is an untolerating reincarnation of mapping hitler
biass
Contributor

Has liked: 598 times
Been liked: 662 times
FAF User Name: biass

Postby biass » 11 Apr 2016, 06:37

Posting in mapping = talking to yourself

Here are some images of stuff i am doing, you have probably seen em around.

Spoiler: show

Spoiler: show

also rip lion again

Petricpwnz wrote:biass on his campaign to cleanse and remake every single map of FAF because he is an untolerating reincarnation of mapping hitler
biass
Contributor

Postby seero » 11 Apr 2016, 18:10

biass wrote:Posting in mapping = talking to yourself

Keep posting stuff, its nice to see that someone still believe that we will have working map vault some day :mrgreen:
seero

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 16 times
FAF User Name: seero

Postby Arkansas » 14 Apr 2016, 00:17

Is that a redone Veil of Stars I see, it looks much nicer! I hope you're less lazy about Decals than me :D .
Arkansas

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time
FAF User Name: Arkansas

Postby biass » 14 Apr 2016, 09:40

Arkansas wrote:Is that a redone Veil of Stars I see, it looks much nicer! I hope you're less lazy about Decals than me :D .

Yes, hello it is a remake of Veil of stars, gorton loved it so much so i was making a little gift or him, are you the original author?

And i love my decals, so dont worry.

biass
Contributor

Postby speed2 » 14 Apr 2016, 10:39

Well you are posting some pictures of progress with no questions so we assume you're still working on that and looking forward to see new versions.
If you had questions or showed detailed screenshot rather than "preview" picture we would react :)
speed2
Contributor

Has liked: 636 times
Been liked: 1119 times
FAF User Name: speed2

Postby biass » 14 Apr 2016, 11:14

speed2 wrote:

Well you are posting some pictures of progress with no questions so we assume you're still working on that and looking forward to see new versions.
If you had questions or showed detailed screenshot rather than "preview" picture we would react :)

Most of my asking around is in aeolus or invading general discussions so i have plenty of input <3

biass
Contributor

Postby Ithilis_Quo » 14 Apr 2016, 15:23

biass wrote:Image

Full snow, going to add some craters or something on the sides

this map look pretty similar as one of my concept :D amazing, how 2 people go independently in nearly same time (my concept is from 4.2.16) go in very similar concept.
Attachments
primus beta.png
primus beta.png (166.78 KiB) Viewed 2694 times
"Fixed in Equilibrium" Washy
Ithilis_Quo
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 395 times
Been liked: 181 times
FAF User Name: Ithilis

Postby Arkansas » 15 Apr 2016, 02:07

biass wrote:
Arkansas wrote:Is that a redone Veil of Stars I see, it looks much nicer! I hope you're less lazy about Decals than me :D .

Yes, hello it is a remake of Veil of stars, gorton loved it so much so i was making a little gift or him, are you the original author?

Yup. Asymmetric L3DT project #2954, it was supposed to play a bit like Zock's fav map, Open Palms. I was always too lazy to do it right though so its awesome to see someone else taking on the challenge. I like the new colour scheme too! I'm intrigued Gorton is such a fan, I thought he didn't play!

My only really constructive comment would be that I think the central plateau should either be more defined with some small cliffs or smoothed out even more so its less visible and less bad for laser units. Same goes for the starting plateaus too, I wanted them to be defensive like the mountains on Open Palms to encourage the game to go on a little bit longer than it might have otherwise. If I were redoing the map now I would probably put a small mountain along one edge of the start zone to make it look a little more natural too (a ridge running parallel to the large central mountains).
Arkansas

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time
FAF User Name: Arkansas

Postby biass » 17 Apr 2016, 10:58

Arkansas wrote:
biass wrote:

Yup. Asymmetric L3DT project #2954, it was supposed to play a bit like Zock's fav map, Open Palms. I was always too lazy to do it right though so its awesome to see someone else taking on the challenge. I like the new colour scheme too! I'm intrigued Gorton is such a fan, I thought he didn't play!

My only really constructive comment would be that I think the central plateau should either be more defined with some small cliffs or smoothed out even more so its less visible and less bad for laser units. Same goes for the starting plateaus too, I wanted them to be defensive like the mountains on Open Palms to encourage the game to go on a little bit longer than it might have otherwise. If I were redoing the map now I would probably put a small mountain along one edge of the start zone to make it look a little more natural too (a ridge running parallel to the large central mountains).

Well, as it stands right now they are just slopes and not blocking unit paths/buildings, i would ask for some playtests but it is a struggle with no upload button, still we press on

biass
Contributor

PreviousNext

Return to Mapping