Rebalancing air, logically.

Re: Rebalancing air, logically.

Postby pip » 11 Mar 2013, 23:44

I want to suggest something somehow related to this thread, about Cybran navy big vulnerability to air (due to their cruiser's very low weapon velocity and the lack of shield and / or hover flak).

1) One solution would be to increase the velocity of the cruiser's anti air projectile.

2) Another solution that probably could work too : increasing the AA DPS of the Cybran frigates and Destroyer a bit so that in number, they do hurt t2 torp bombers and gunships and can somehow defend themselves moderately.
For instance, if Frigates had 20 AA DPS and Destroyer 50 instead of 12 (lol) that would be a soft counter to torp bombers once the Cruiser has been sniped. 10 frigates + 1 Destroyer would have a total of 300 AA DPS (compared to 132 currently).
It's half a single Cruiser's DPS for 11 units, but it could be enough to make Cybran navy not suck against air.
pip
Supreme Commander
 
Posts: 1826
Joined: 04 Oct 2011, 15:33
Has liked: 191 times
Been liked: 86 times
FAF User Name: pip

Re: Rebalancing air, logically.

Postby FunkOff » 12 Mar 2013, 00:15

pip wrote:1) One solution would be to increase the velocity of the cruiser's anti air projectile.


Naw, let's not do that, the cybran missile systems have unique missile behavior which is unique and cool.

2) Another solution that probably could work too : increasing the AA DPS of the Cybran frigates and Destroyer a bit


I agree with this. Same for Seraphim and UEF. A frigate should have about 15 AA DPS (same as a single mobile T1 AA that costs 1/10th the price) and a destroyer (uef, cybran) should have about 3x that, so 45 DPS. The battleships should have about 2x that, or 100 (Cybran 50 each, UEF 25 each, and seraphim 50 each). Not enough to repel air, but enough to damage it a little.
FunkOff
Supreme Commander
 
Posts: 1820
Joined: 26 Aug 2011, 17:27
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 37 times
FAF User Name: FakeOff

Re: Rebalancing air, logically.

Postby JaguarX57 » 12 Mar 2013, 21:05

pip wrote:I want to suggest something somehow related to this thread, about Cybran navy big vulnerability to air (due to their cruiser's very low weapon velocity and the lack of shield and / or hover flak).

1) One solution would be to increase the velocity of the cruiser's anti air projectile.

2) Another solution that probably could work too : increasing the AA DPS of the Cybran frigates and Destroyer a bit so that in number, they do hurt t2 torp bombers and gunships and can somehow defend themselves moderately.
For instance, if Frigates had 20 AA DPS and Destroyer 50 instead of 12 (lol) that would be a soft counter to torp bombers once the Cruiser has been sniped. 10 frigates + 1 Destroyer would have a total of 300 AA DPS (compared to 132 currently).
It's half a single Cruiser's DPS for 11 units, but it could be enough to make Cybran navy not suck against air.


I second this, Also increasing weapon velocity for the ASF fighter for the reasons i mentioned a few posts back.

FunkOff wrote:
pip wrote:1) One solution would be to increase the velocity of the cruiser's anti air projectile.


Naw, let's not do that, the cybran missile systems have unique missile behavior which is unique and cool.


Ok then give cybran ships much better AA. Say maybe even flak for their Carriers? Since the other factions have shields and floating AA
JaguarX57
Crusader
 
Posts: 11
Joined: 20 Feb 2013, 06:20
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: jaguarx57

Previous

Return to Patch 3622

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest