Aeon bomber not dropping bombs.

Aeon bomber not dropping bombs.

Postby Ze_PilOt » 15 Feb 2013, 18:52

And this is my change : fixing the aeon bomber so it drop bombs more often.

I have split feeling about this : It's frustrating to have a non-working well bomber, but the EMP could make it the ultimate anti-T2 weapon (and probably slightly OP overall).
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 376 times
FAF User Name: Ze_PilOt

Re: Aeon bomber not dropping bombs.

Postby HyperNova » 15 Feb 2013, 21:04

I rather nothing be touched to be honest. Leave as is. Bombers bomb better in formation. It's best not to select a target when the bomber is very close, or it may fly over the target twice before bombing O_O.
CEASE AND DESIST
HyperNova
Banned

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: HyperNova

Postby Myxir » 16 Feb 2013, 08:54

i had a game few days ago, 4 bombers of mine, each having about 3 or 4 passes, threw a total of about 3 bombs.
i totally agree with zep
Unhappy with balance http://i.imgur.com/q5G2BlM.png
Myxir
Evaluator

Has liked: 94 times
Been liked: 306 times
FAF User Name: Washy (irc)

Postby Stratocaster » 16 Feb 2013, 09:42

Weird. On my PC, it's Sera T2 and T4 bomber not dropping on first pass, when I actually want it to (in actual games, not in sandbox). I get pretty much 100% drop rate with Aeon T1. It seems like it's always the custom maps that seem to screw me on the Sera bombers. They work on Seton's for some reason.

Something's funny going on here. Is it a bomber drop coding issue not matching up with certain maps?

Tell me if the Aeon bombers drop and Sera bombers don't. I wanna see if your PCs run the replay differently. On my PC, Aeon drops 100%. None of the sera dropped 1st pass.
Attachments
640614-Stratocaster.fafreplay
Bomber test, Aeon T1, Sera T2+T4
(9.48 KiB) Downloaded 151 times
Stratocaster

FAF User Name: Stratocaster

Postby Ze_PilOt » 16 Feb 2013, 10:59

It's not that they don't drop on first, they don't drop on the second either most of the time :)
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Postby Gyle » 16 Feb 2013, 11:27

I dont see the point of any bomber not dropping their payload when you ask it to its just annoying. You have my support.
My youtube Channel:http://www.youtube.com/user/felixlighta?feature=mhee

"Don't take life too seriously... no one gets out alive."
Gyle

Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 28 times
FAF User Name: Gyle

Postby ColonelSheppard » 16 Feb 2013, 13:05

if you fix this you should maybe apply the same change to the seraphim t2 bomber
ColonelSheppard
Contributor

Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 165 times
FAF User Name: Sheppy

Postby Demo » 16 Feb 2013, 14:13

I think the most logical thing to do here is to first fix all bombers having this problem, then see if it poses a balance issue and simple change the damage or secondary parameters of problematic, faction-specific bombs. Bombers need to be consistent in performance across all factions, balancing the numbers game is much easier and sensible than trying to account for whether a bomb will drop or not. As for sera t4 bomber, I'm not sure whether it's a bug or "feature".
Demo

FAF User Name: Demo

Postby uberge3k » 18 Feb 2013, 01:36

How is the bug reproduced? Are we certain that it's not dropping when it should, or is it coincidence when the target is being micro'd?

(I ask because I've never noticed this myself, and the only times I've heard complaints about it was when the target was being micro'd. I suspect that if it's there, it's something related to the bomber not receiving any additional orders - and if so, should definitely be fixed)

Regarding Aeon becoming too strong after this, in my opinion it is unlikely to happen - the recent patch changes have hit Aeon pretty hard, and if T2 is buffed any more, they'll be even less viable.
Ze_PilOt wrote:If you want something to happen, do it yourself.
uberge3k
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 48 times
FAF User Name: TAG_UBER

Postby Ze_PilOt » 18 Feb 2013, 01:40

No, the fire tolerance is too low. It need to be on a perfect straight line, and that doesn't happen a lot.

After one circle, the bomber doesn't even get enough time to correct his flight path and drop, and so miss on the second run too.

It's hard not noticing it if you've played aeon at least once :)
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Next

Return to Patch 3622