UEF TMD buff.

Re: UEF TMD buff.

Postby Rediska » 03 Mar 2013, 13:11

If you need to defend against cyb missiles dont build walls from tmd. Make line with 2-3 of them in direction of incomming. Same situation with cruisers and aeon rocket ship.

All problem is in fact that TMD shots in nearest missile. Of caurse if you make wall you can see that 3 tmds will shot in nearest while second one will fly further.
Even aeon tmd can work efficient vs cruisers spam, but you need to consider and calculate correct radius.
That is so simple, but nobody listen and keep making walls of tmd.
I adore FA.
But I have all the right to hate it because I cant really play any other RTS anymore because of it. They looks like small boring sandboxes without sense. Thank you genious Chris Taylor!
Rediska
Crusader

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: RedIS_ska

Postby ColonelSheppard » 03 Mar 2013, 22:19

Rediska wrote:If you need to defend against cyb missiles dont build walls from tmd. Make line with 2-3 of them in direction of incomming. Same situation with cruisers and aeon rocket ship.

All problem is in fact that TMD shots in nearest missile. Of caurse if you make wall you can see that 3 tmds will shot in nearest while second one will fly further.
Even aeon tmd can work efficient vs cruisers spam, but you need to consider and calculate correct radius.
That is so simple, but nobody listen and keep making walls of tmd.

+1
ColonelSheppard
Contributor

Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 165 times
FAF User Name: Sheppy

Postby Sunny » 03 Mar 2013, 22:38

Rediska wrote:f you need to defend against cyb missiles dont build walls from tmd. Make line with 2-3 of them in direction of incomming. Same situation with cruisers and aeon rocket ship.

Cool! Then I target you TMD itself. People usually fly over what they are destroying to ensure, any shield there is focus fired.
Take my targeting priorities as a generous gift!

1. Shields.
2. TMDs (specifically cool, if they lined up as you described and if they are kill them 1st).
3. Stuff.

Also in presence of any MMLs are cruisers even Aeon TMDs sometimes don't work (inbetween wasp cycles), any other sort of TMD equals absent.
Power gens, t2+ mexes and comm blow especially cheery with TML fire in this conditions. Bring like 1 MMLs for a single TMD (cost the same, capacities incomparable) or a single cruiser for like 3 and just ignoring TMDs go straigt for what you want.

And if you are cybran, there is a special action for you! Just focus fire neares TMDs(not Aeon, what a Cybran discrimination!) with TML, you will relibly kill it in like 80% cases.
Sunny

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: Sunny

Postby bouznak » 11 Mar 2013, 21:03

I propose as a reasonable buff to increase the vision radius of the tmd from 20 to 28 (like a t2 pd). With that change, it will be able to shoot earlier the tactical missile and maybe the 2 times required by some tml.

Some players from the two sides (Rock, Voodoo...) think that my suggestion is interesting, feel free to comment it.
bouznak
Contributor

Been liked: 1 time
FAF User Name: BC_bouznak

Postby pip » 11 Mar 2013, 21:46

bouznak wrote:I propose as a reasonable buff to increase the vision radius of the tmd from 20 to 28 (like a t2 pd). With that change, it will be able to shoot earlier the tactical missile and maybe the 2 times required by some tml.

Some players from the two sides (Rock, Voodoo...) think that my suggestion is interesting, feel free to comment it.

TMD shoots with radar intel, so it won't change much. Only if you increase the range of the weapon itself will it shoot earlier (unless you don't have radar, but if you don't have radar, it's normal to get owned).
pip
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 191 times
Been liked: 86 times
FAF User Name: pip

Postby bouznak » 11 Mar 2013, 23:35

After test, Pip is right I didn't know that tmd uses radar intel, so the solution will be a range buff.
bouznak
Contributor

Been liked: 1 time
FAF User Name: BC_bouznak

Previous

Return to Patch 3622