UEF TMD buff.

Re: UEF TMD buff.

Postby Ze_PilOt » 20 Feb 2013, 22:51

I need numbers tomorrow.
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 376 times
FAF User Name: Ze_PilOt

Postby Pathogenic » 21 Feb 2013, 02:43

While we are on the topic of bad TMDs, ever notice how Sera coms can get TML upgrade, and fire a missile that flies directly over a UEF TMD without the UEF TMD firing a shot at it? I would like to see this resolved!
Pathogenic

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby X-Peri-MENTAL » 22 Feb 2013, 17:10

Pathogenic wrote:While we are on the topic of bad TMDs, ever notice how Sera coms can get TML upgrade, and fire a missile that flies directly over a UEF TMD without the UEF TMD firing a shot at it? I would like to see this resolved!

I thought that was the point of the ACU TML upgrade, the missile flies in a higher arc compared to static TMLs, to counter it you have to place your TMD in the target area.
X-Peri-MENTAL

Has liked: 1 time
FAF User Name: X-Peri-MENTAL

Postby Sunny » 01 Mar 2013, 13:03

The game will benefit alot from fixing TMDs uselessness. Now shields are actually more effective as TMDs, this is not right. I mean UEF and Sera. But! Mb even Cybran TMDs, if we take into account Cybran TMLs.
Sunny

FAF User Name: Sunny

Postby ColonelSheppard » 01 Mar 2013, 13:35

yeah, turteling seriously needs some buffs... this will improve gameplay very much
ColonelSheppard
Contributor

Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 165 times
FAF User Name: Sheppy

Postby Sunny » 01 Mar 2013, 20:59

ColonelSheppard wrote:yeah, turteling seriously needs some buffs... this will improve gameplay very much

Just cap all the mexes around map and win. Do it, or prove, the turtle is playing better. Having map is for reason you know. Mexes, reclaim, radar, TMLs (build 10), drops walling in your opponent (who said you build it your base you can corner the other guy too), building loloped ML in the front of his base or 1 t3 bomber, or 2, testing t3 arties and t2 on his PGens, t3 fleet on that little pound, upping comm, massing 200 t1 bomber in the corner, nuke, sniperbos, even furebugs(!) will do.

No, we are lazy boys, we don't want, you know, click to build mexes, we want to win because moving units are better than not moving. Meh...
Sunny

FAF User Name: Sunny

Postby CocoaMoko » 01 Mar 2013, 22:04

UEF TMD doesn't need to be buffed so much as fixed. I've played at least two games where UEF tmd simply didn't stop a missile that passed it with more than enough time.

In one instance, my TMD turret got stuck. So about 3 (normal) tac missiles flew by without it targetting them whatsoever, it just stayed pointing straight up. Ridiculous aha
CocoaMoko

FAF User Name: CocoaMoko

Postby MushrooMars » 03 Mar 2013, 07:43

Turtling is a bad tactic, no matter how good it is made out to be. I was playing on Rohan's Gap a while back, and the enemy team was spamming MMLs. My team built around 40 TMDs, which was more TMDs than the amount of MMLs the enemy team had, and we were still loosing ground. I then built a stealth generator and 2 T2 PDs, killed all the MML and proceeded to laugh.

IMHO all TMD could use a little buff, Aeon to range, all other factions to countering ability.
MushrooMars

Been liked: 1 time
FAF User Name: MushrooMars

Postby noms » 03 Mar 2013, 09:37

I think the split Cybran TML damage (the missile slits into three) needs to be nerfed. They currently do 833 damage per missile! It should be more like 250...
noms

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time
FAF User Name: noms

Postby pip » 03 Mar 2013, 09:52

noms wrote:I think the split Cybran TML damage (the missile slits into three) needs to be nerfed. They currently do 833 damage per missile! It should be more like 250...

I don't think damage is the real problem about them. For me, it's the fact that once a missile is shot down, the splitting remaining projectiles are twice faster than the first one, meaning it becomes extremely difficult for TMD to shoot them down, even if you have many of them. The faster speed can remain, but maybe tuned down to 18 (from 25; for reference, the parent tactictal missile speed is 12).
pip
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 191 times
Been liked: 86 times
FAF User Name: pip

PreviousNext

Return to Patch 3622