SCUs nerf.

Re: SCUs nerf.

Postby Zock » 16 Feb 2013, 13:50

* remove the explosion dps IF the E storage was self destructed

i think this might be the best solution, if possible.
gg no re

ohh! what a pretty shining link! https://www.youtube.com/c/Zockyzock
Zock
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 173 times
Been liked: 397 times
FAF User Name: Zock

Postby Kryo » 16 Feb 2013, 13:52

Zock wrote:* remove the explosion dps IF the E storage was self destructed

i think this might be the best solution, if possible.

+1
Kryo
Evaluator

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: Kryo

Postby pip » 16 Feb 2013, 17:31

1) Energy storages : I don't think removing the energy storage if self destructed is enough, because if the defenfer has a single t2 pd in his base, it will shoot the storage in 1 shot. It's a good start, but not enough IMO. I think the energy storage explosion should also be nerfed. I personnally always wondered why energy storages were that damaging when exploding to begin with. Why 2000 damages? 1000 should be enough for this kind of t1 building, it would still kill all the engies, mexes, t1 units and pgens nearby and severly damages hydro and t2 pgen.

2) I think adding a cooldown, maybe 15 seconds, should be enough to prevent the teleporting ACU right inside a base without risk.

3) Cybran ACU HP should be nerfed, maybe to 14500 hp (500 less than Aeon SCU) to not be too strong underwater. They would still be good above water, especially with their nano upgrade. No other "custom" changes are required for when they are underwater. If HARMS are too strong, nerf HARMS instead.
Maybe HARMS can be above water again? Then they should be cheaper of course, because they would be nowhere near as efficient. They would still benefit from stealth that way, but easier to counter. I don't really know about their balance right now.
pip
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 191 times
Been liked: 86 times
FAF User Name: pip

Postby -_V_- » 16 Feb 2013, 21:37

nerfing HARMS is not a good way to do it though.
They are strong but not OP imho. The SACU health is the problem in that scenario.
Why not have the torps make more damages to SACU ? I think it's possible since we have absolvers making much more dmgs to shields than to regular units.

I'm quite pleased that there seems to be a consensus that there's something to be done regarding the E storages and tele :).
That being said, reducing the dms from 2k to 1k, won't make that much of a difference I think.
-_V_-
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 65 times

Postby brn4meplz » 17 Feb 2013, 16:16

I thought this was going to be about Seraphim SCU's having Overcharge. They are the strongest SCU in the game.

You could just as easily make energy storage do no explosion damage. Your not actually removing much from it if you do that.(or make it do 500 in a adjacent radius.then it only triggers other storages.)

Units being able to build harms seems fine. The root problem though for both of these issues is the massive cost reduction to SCU's. Which they did need though.
brn4meplz
Crusader

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: brn4meplz

Postby uberge3k » 18 Feb 2013, 01:39

I've yet to see a single replay demonstrating their offensive teleportation capabilities being OP. Therefore, I do not believe that they are OP, and would advise against a hasty change before players have had a chance to adjust to the original change.
Ze_PilOt wrote:If you want something to happen, do it yourself.
uberge3k
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 48 times
FAF User Name: TAG_UBER

Postby noms » 18 Feb 2013, 03:10

uberge3k wrote:I've yet to see a single replay demonstrating their offensive teleportation capabilities being OP. Therefore, I do not believe that they are OP, and would advise against a hasty change before players have had a chance to adjust to the original change.

An SCU can teleport next to an SMD and make two energy storage in 6 seconds (death weapon 2000x2) then instantly self destruct them killing the SMD. I think it is possible to protect the SMD with more shields but I will have to test this...
noms

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time
FAF User Name: noms

Postby BRNKoINSANITY » 18 Feb 2013, 04:10

A really easy and stupidly cheap counter to this would be to put two rings of walls around the SMD so that an Sacu can't build there... Am I the only one that has thought of this in the last 3 months?
BRNKoINSANITY
Evaluator

Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 207 times
FAF User Name: BRNKoINSANITY

Postby noms » 18 Feb 2013, 07:50

BRNKoINSANITY wrote:A really easy and stupidly cheap counter to this would be to put two rings of walls around the SMD so that an Sacu can't build there... Am I the only one that has thought of this in the last 3 months?

SCU could reclaim the walls and build E storage. :D

Can SCUs teleport onto walls? Im guessing not.

I think the only way you could protect an SMD from such an attack is to have the outermost edges of four T2 shields protecting the SMD from shots/explosions coming from any direction.
noms

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time
FAF User Name: noms

Postby -_V_- » 18 Feb 2013, 16:41

Be serious?
What's the point of using SACUs to build E storages ?

This calls definitely for abusing the volatile aspect of this crazy cheap structure
-_V_-
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 65 times

PreviousNext

Return to Patch 3622