Rules & Apply.

Re: Rules & Apply.

Postby Ze_PilOt » 11 Feb 2013, 13:05

Time.
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 376 times
FAF User Name: Ze_PilOt

Postby dstojkov » 11 Feb 2013, 18:04

under 1700
dstojkov
Evaluator

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 24 times

Postby Ze_PilOt » 11 Feb 2013, 18:19

You first have to pass the public vote before proposing ONE change.
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Postby Chesspower » 11 Feb 2013, 21:04

---
Chesspower
Crusader

Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: UES_Cybertron

Postby Ze_PilOt » 11 Feb 2013, 21:27

If you want to apply, do it. But don't propose a change directly unless you are above the rating. Read the rules.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Postby JeeVeS » 11 Feb 2013, 22:09

IridiumBLOWS, 1v1 = 1873

I'd like to see monkeylord cost reduced 2k from 21k to 19k. Keeping in mind that ML's are slaughtered by 2/3 the mass in harbs/othuums/percies/bricks (without factoring in the even greater efficiency of using mobile shields), I feel that they don't currently have a cost effective place in higher level games. A main point of reference is the ythotha, which costs 19% more mass and 20% more power, yet has 49% more hp, essentially the same dps, half of that damage frontloaded with a huge AOE, 50% longer range than the ml's main laser (wtf!), the same veterancy, better AA, and a destructive death weapon.

If you truly feel that stealth, negligible 50dps torpedoes, a slight speed increase, and two 200dps bolters offset these deficits to make the ML worth 84% (based on mass cost) of the chicken, I'd like to hear your reasoning. Regarding stealth, a deceiver costs 80mass and will happily stay under a ML. A mermaid costs 600mass. If you really want to, you can fly a deceiver over the ML (submerged or not) in a transport. All of these options will cost substantially less energy than the 250E/S cost of the ML's stealth.

I believe the ML used to cost quite a bit less. I would venture a guess that the intention was to be an accessible experimental that, in equal economy games, couldn't be defended against by simply building one's own better experimental. With a mass difference of only 4k and 6.5k between GC and chicken respectively, people can currently do exactly that.

Yes, this is long and overly quantitative. I want to hear opinions before it goes to a vote.

Map: Balvery Mountains V4
JeeVeS

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 15 times
FAF User Name: IridiumBLOWS

Postby CocoaMoko » 12 Feb 2013, 18:43

Name: Skilzat99X

Rating: 1830+-

Map: Point of Reach V4

Suggestion: Most of my thoughts aren't so much for new balance propositions so much as for modifying/tweak ones that have been done recently. Namely, the shields.
Shields now get absolutely obliterated by t3, to the point where there's almost no point in making a lot. If they're all going to take damage, why am I paying for more? And the thing is two shields can be barely overlapping, but the main shield getting hit causes it's other shield to go down.
I'm sure this change was made mostly to prevent shield boat/mobile shield stacking, so I would propose having the current change only effect them.

And/or, have it so that the damage is only passed when the shield is overlapping the actual shield structure, not just the dome itself.

And/or, even better, have damage kind of scale through the shields. What that means is, top shield gets hit, it takes 100% of the damage obviously. Another shield is under it, it takes 50%. Another shield is under that, it takes 25%, etc etc.
Alternatively, lets say instead of transferring 50% of the damage to each shield that is adjacent, have it distribute 50% of the damage to adjacent shields. So if it overlaps 2 shields, each one gets 25%, if it overlaps 5, 10%, etc.

But way, why is a weapon creating more damage than it does? A 6000 DPS TML has 6000 damage, it should only be doing 6000 damage maximum to anything. So maybe the idea of damage transfer isn't a good idea at all?

I dunno, I posted a lot of ideas here, some contradictory obviously, so this would have to be discussed in greater detail by multiple parties. But, that's why it's my submission :)
CocoaMoko

FAF User Name: CocoaMoko

Postby SunTzu » 12 Feb 2013, 19:45

Hi,

I have no Facebook and i dont want an facebook account.
Why is it not possible to vote in this forum directly??
SunTzu
Crusader

FAF User Name: SirZbinden

Postby Ze_PilOt » 12 Feb 2013, 20:59

No. The facebook phase is only for players under 1700, and it's only there to avoid a flood of stupid propositions without refusing anyone.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Postby BRNKoINSANITY » 13 Feb 2013, 07:09

BRNKoINSANITY- Global rank is ~1380

Map- Frostbite
Last edited by BRNKoINSANITY on 14 Feb 2013, 00:29, edited 1 time in total.
BRNKoINSANITY
Evaluator

Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 207 times
FAF User Name: BRNKoINSANITY

PreviousNext

Return to Patch 3622