Rules & Apply.

Re: Rules & Apply.

Postby pip » 10 Feb 2013, 11:17

I submit the map Sentina III for ranked.

The balance tweaks I'm proposing is slightly buffing some t2 units to make this stage of the game a bit more dynamic and less t2 PD creep orientated.

1) t2 main units speed buff : T2 main attack units are simply too slow when compared to other t2 units, or even t1 and t3 units. The goal is to make these units better at raiding / getting map control and also easier to micro when facing an ACU able to overcharge them easily if they can't retreat in time.

Obsidian : +0.3 speed (2.6> 2.9)
Rhino : +0.5 speed (2.7>3.2)
Pillar : +0.3 speed (2.7>3)
Ilshavoh : +0.2 speed (2.6>2.8)

Variations in the numbers are meant to preserve / enhance faction diversity. (For reference, these are close to the speed values in 3599, still slightly lower).

2) +100 HP to Hoplites so that they are not so vulnerable to t1 bombers (especially Sera ones).
pip
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 191 times
Been liked: 86 times
FAF User Name: pip

Postby Arkansas » 10 Feb 2013, 13:52

Name: Arkansas

Rating: 1390ish

Map: Serenity Desert Small

Proposal: increase the build time of t2 pd to make t2 pd creep with the acu less viable. Right now the build time is 13 seconds which often makes it ore useful to build pd rather than shoot when attacked (which seems really stupid). If the time were upped to 26/30 seconds this would become considerably less viable but would still be possible provided the advance were slow. This would also give players a little more time to get mml's or pd of their own up. It seems odd to me something clearly intended as a defence (its in the name) should be used offensively at all, it strikes me the original intention of these units was to guard bases being held long term and not to be spammed across the map.

Nb: Given its weaker I would also propose the cybran pd be exempt from this as it would suit their rushing style, I do not play cybran though ;).
Arkansas

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time
FAF User Name: Arkansas

Postby Lyr » 10 Feb 2013, 14:08

Lyr - 1700ish global 1500ish 1v1

Map: Moonlit Mesas
Lyr
Banned

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 5 times

Postby Ze_PilOt » 10 Feb 2013, 14:10

And your change ? :)
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 376 times
FAF User Name: Ze_PilOt

Postby laPPen » 10 Feb 2013, 14:28

Hey guys,

FAF name: laPPen
global rating: 2000 +
1v1 rating: 0 (i dont play ranked)

map suggestion: eye of the storm

my suggestion: Is one i already made in the "buff aircraft carriers" thread in december and it goes like this:
lets give those aircraft carriers a role that fits into their faction, give each faction the carrier they need.

Aeon and Sera need a good option to produce air in late game without hitting the unit limit too fast. they do not need a carrier as anti air ship they have hover flaks and shields,
air is not a big issue for their navy forces.

cybrans need a decent aa option on water for lategame. the cybran cruisers really suck in terms of their aa performance and there are no shields or flaks for them to help out on this
point. Cybran do not need a floating airfactory in order to not hit the unit limit to early - they have hives for that.

my suggestion is to buff aeon/sera carriers buildpower + 25% and nerf their aa capacity about the same amount.
Buff the cybran carriers aa for 50% and nerf their buildpower in equal scale as trade off.
(numbers are negotiable)

in my opinion those changes would be good for faction diversity + they would help their factions on points where they perform really bad compared to the other factions. and last but not least the changes would help to give carriers a clear role in the game. Whenever i build a carrier at the moment they perform ok in both thier roles (aa / factory) but they dont do either job really good. im always insecure how i shall use them in game (propably they do a bit better in airproduction than in terms of anti air atm)

As i will be away for a month now i would like to name ICKEN to manage this suggestion in my place when the polls start and if there is any more babysitting needed for this suggestion. He understood the purpose of this idea really well so he can make things clear if there are any more questions about it.
laPPen

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 3 times
FAF User Name: laPPen

Postby ColonelSheppard » 10 Feb 2013, 17:24

Lyr wrote:Map: Moonlit Mesas

i already suggested that map
ColonelSheppard
Contributor

Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 165 times
FAF User Name: Sheppy

Postby -_V_- » 10 Feb 2013, 17:30

Remove the energy storage from the buildings the SACU can build or remove the volatile explosion if the E storage is self destroyed.

Somehow find a way to make the SACU much more vulnerable underwater. 19k HP for cybran SACU who can spam HARM, is crazy for their cost.
-_V_-
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 65 times

Postby laPPen » 10 Feb 2013, 18:26

i agree with sheppard.

but if i really have to here is my custom map suggestion:

world domination

im bored of watching 7 min games on 5v5 maps :)
laPPen

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 3 times
FAF User Name: laPPen

Postby Icy » 10 Feb 2013, 18:37

tGx_Icy
Global rating: 1934

Change: UEF Titan: (+300 hp, +5 range, Cost 520/5800, AnimationWalkRate = 8)

Map: Winterplanet FA
Icy
Contributor

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 5 times
FAF User Name: tGx_Icy

Postby SunTzu » 10 Feb 2013, 18:39

hi all

vote me ;)
i have many good ideas for balance changes and maps...
SunTzu
Crusader

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: SirZbinden

PreviousNext

Return to Patch 3622