Ideas for Lore Friendly Galactic War

Ideas for Lore Friendly Galactic War

Postby PrivateFatass » 07 Apr 2014, 07:59

Galactic War currently is not the actual "galaxy" that was featured in supcom 1 and FA campaign briefings. In supcom 1 UEF campaign, it looked like this.
Screenshot (34).png
Screenshot (34).png (1.38 MiB) Viewed 1708 times
and in FA, it looked like this
Screenshot (35).png
Screenshot (35).png (622.85 KiB) Viewed 1708 times
In my opinion, I think it would be cooler and more exciting if it was actual campaign 'galaxy'. As of right now, there are no star systems. You can only gate onto planets and that's it. Planets do not have special names or anything like that. As you can see in the pictures above, there aren't a lot of actual planets, if you count each star as an individual planet. My idea to fix this is to get rid of the planet system all together, and have star systems. In a star system, there would be planets, and moons orbiting the planets, all of which you can attack and defend. For example, if Theban II in the Theban system was getting attacked by UEF, than you could divert supplies and reinforcesments from say Theban III to help defend against the UEF. If Luna in Sol was getting sieged by Aeon forces, you could send forces from earth which would be the strongest UEF planet obiviously.

And even if there still isn't enough planets, feel free to include more star systems, like the planet Seton in star system-whatever. If you gated onto it, it would be Seton's Clutch or a variant of Seton's clutch. Planet graphics would be relevant to their actual type. Orionis is an Aeon Holy planet that is scarred in dark red stone and lava. Obviously it would look different from other planets. I would recommend resetting territories again, and also I wouldn't use forged alliance era galaxy. OlpZuCE.jpg Yellow in this map could be Seraphim, which would allow for fairer expanse than the seraphim having hold over 70% of the galaxy

Anyway's that's that. I got this idea from just looking at galatic war and thought about how I could fix it.

(Fixed pictures)
Last edited by PrivateFatass on 08 Apr 2014, 01:24, edited 1 time in total.
PrivateFatass

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: PrivateFatass

Re: Ideas for Lore Friendly Galactic War

Postby buletproof_bob » 07 Apr 2014, 12:42

Cant see the pictures.
buletproof_bob

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times
FAF User Name: buletproof_bob

Re: Ideas for Lore Friendly Galactic War