MASSIVE problems.

Moderators: Uveso, burnie222

MASSIVE problems.

Postby AaronD » 14 Oct 2014, 07:30

This mod, as far as I can tell - Is entireley unplayable. My problems have been going on for quite a while, but they've never been as bad as they are today.

From the time that I first installed Total mayhem v1.20 v2 from the FAF vault, all of the Total Mayhem Cybran units were entireley red. They have been very difficuilt to look at. In addition to this, there are NO Aeon or Seriphem modded units from the total Mayhem mod. I thought that this was inentional, and that this was a UEF and Cybran mod only, until today. Today I saw a game that other players were hosting, and tried to join. When we launched the game, we were hit with desyn issues. It turns out that I was the one who was desyncing. I uninstalled and reinstalled the mod several times, but nothing worked.

And then I went to moddb and got the version from there. I launched a game by myself against 1 other AI. I was UEF, he was Aeon. I saw that the AI was able to build the modded Aeon units, but they were again covered in red. As the game went on I found a list of problems that I can not possibly keep track of in my head. Red lines started appearing everywhere accross the map, and NONE of the modded UEF units would fire at all.

The T4 UEF point defense would track the units, but would not fire at all. The T3 battletank would not fire at all, and the T3 walker mech (forgot it's exact name) would appear to fire, but would do no damage, and it's legs did not move as it moved.

I tested several things, and nothing that I had would fire (except for the vanilla units of course) The vailla units that the enemy AI produced were not red, and appeared to work perfectly.

I want to say that this mod seems great, some of the units I made (and tried to use) looked fantastic and fun, but with nothing working properly, red textures on the units, and red lines appearing everywhere on the map, I was not able to enjoy the mod. I can't really understand how any of this could go unnoticed to be honest, I mean, did no one play UEF at all?
AaronD
Crusader

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: AaronD

Re: MASSIVE problems.

Postby AaronD » 16 Oct 2014, 00:33

And now I shall show you what I'm talking about. Of course, I can't show you everything obviously, but maybe someone will finally understand that there are some pretty dam serious bugs here.

All of the red lines seem to be related to a unit or structure's attack path. The direction that it is shooting in, and the lines come down from the sky as well, indicating artillery...

Please note that in this game, I had NO other mods included. I realize I should have turned Icons mod support on, but that is not what causes these bugs.

The images are attached below. I have 13 in total, but can only include 3.
Attachments
FAF TotalMayem Bug proof #3.png
FAF TotalMayem Bug proof #3.png (3.37 MiB) Viewed 5853 times
FAF TotalMayem Bug proof #2.png
FAF TotalMayem Bug proof #2.png (3.47 MiB) Viewed 5852 times
FAF TotalMayem Bug proof #1.png
FAF TotalMayem Bug proof #1.png (419.33 KiB) Viewed 5852 times
AaronD
Crusader

Postby AaronD » 16 Oct 2014, 00:36

More images below.
Attachments
#11.png
#11.png (3.61 MiB) Viewed 5852 times
#7.png
#7.png (3.64 MiB) Viewed 5852 times
#13.png
#13.png (4.49 MiB) Viewed 5852 times
AaronD
Crusader

Postby burnie222 » 23 Oct 2014, 00:59

lol...
You must read the read-me :)

You installed Total Mayhem by placing the zip file in your mods directory... yeah?
This is wrong.

Extract the mod from zip file and make sure the ZIP is NOT in the mods directory (it will corrupt the mod), place TotalMayhem folder in Mods folder in supcom. Extract all the sounds from Sounds.zip and place them into your Sounds folder in supcom folder.

Launch the game and try again.

incase you dont find the readme file, here is some copy-pasta :P

Installation:

Step 1:
Extract TM120.zip into your SupComFA folder

Step 2:
Make sure the folder is correct, it should be:
\\SupComFA\mods\TotalMayhem
and NOT
\\SupComFA\mods\mods\TotalMayhem

Step 3:
Extract the Sounds.zip file into the "Sounds" folder located in your SupcomFA folder:
\\SupComFA\Sounds\

Step 4:
If you have the zip file in your mods folder, it will corrupt the mod.
Either move it away from the mods folder, or simply delete it.

Step 5:
Play the game!

SPECIAL THANKS TO:

Asdrubaelvect29 for his awesome work and help!
OrangeKnight aka Mike for the awesome models he donated to this mod!
Brandon007 for the awesome models he donated to this mod!
Brute51 for making the Time to Tech mod!! Its awesome!
Avitus for giving me his cybran tank!!
And ofcourse all of you who support this mod !! :D
burnie222
Crusader

FAF User Name: burnie222

Postby AaronD » 23 Oct 2014, 08:26

No. I did read the read-me, and followed the instructions. This is of course after I uninstalled the mod that FAF installed from the vault... If the installation process from FAF is wrong, and the installation process listed in the read-me has the same result... what else is there?
AaronD
Crusader

Postby burnie222 » 23 Oct 2014, 22:30

Ok.

The red lines and missing textures makes it clear that the mod isnt installed right...
The red lines comes from missing projectile data, for example the mod is searching for a projectile in \\mods\TotalMayhem\projectiles\exampleprojectile\exampleprojectile.proj
When the game cant find the projectile, it replaces it with a red line.

The textures are the same. The game cant find them and replaces them with a buggy colored texture.

The mod isnt installed right, OR it is corrupted by either a duplicate installation or a Zip file of TotalMayhem in mods directory

I dont know how FAF works tbh. and I never released TM on faf, so I dont know how its installed for you.

Check your mods folder, you might have two installations or a zip file in one of these locations:
\\SupcomFAfolder\mods\
and
\\users\YourUser\My Documents\My Games\Gas Powered Games\Supreme Commander Forged Alliance\mods\

See if you can find any wrong installs of TM there? :)
hope you find out what is corrupting it
burnie222
Crusader

FAF User Name: burnie222

Return to Total Mayhem