Few things to change on FAF

Post here if you want to help developing something for FAF.

Few things to change on FAF

Postby Lu_Xun_17 » 26 May 2015, 18:16

Hi,
to the people that are now in charge, i'd like to suggest some changes that doesn't require much time or effort, and would help probably a lot of players.

- clean the tournament section of the forum : a lot of topics wrongly got moved to this section (88 pages of topics). It's now impossible to find an old topic tournament, as they are flooded in all those topics.

- Move the mapping section from General Discussion to Mods & Tools section. (and edit the title to Maps, Mods and Tools ^^)

- on the lobby : reorganize the Leaderboards section, i realised many players doesn't even know that the ladder ranking exists lol!
If it would be only me, i would simply remove the broken unused and non-significant division system which makes the section way too complicated. Actually maybe we should only keep ladder rankings and ladder map statistics.

I know you guys work already a lot on developing FAF and debugging the new ingame lobby, and thank you for that! :)
Lu_Xun_17
Contributor

Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 224 times
FAF User Name: LuXy

Re: Few things to change on FAF

Postby Legion Darrath » 26 May 2015, 22:54

I'm working on that first point but it's a bit time consuming. I've moved about 20 pages of tech support threads back to tech support, more will follow soon. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regarding your second point, I'll look into it but I'd like to clear up the current mess in tournament first before risking creating a new one :P I think it's best to keep maps and mods separate as well.
Legion Darrath
Evaluator

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 117 times
FAF User Name: Legion_Darrath

Re: Few things to change on FAF

Postby IceDreamer » 29 May 2015, 14:15

I think LuXy is right for maps. Keep it as a subforum, but it should be under mods rather than general :)
IceDreamer
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 488 times

Return to Contributors