The Ugly next Lobby 2.6.0

Post here if you want to help developing something for FAF.

Re: The Ugly next Lobby 2.6.0

Postby rootbeer23 » 05 Jan 2015, 20:46

while it brightens my winter days to see grown man pull out each others hair like a bunch of preschool girls;
how about you work together and fix the remaining bugs. Since in your immature accusations you have
almost by accident already made a list of known problems, i suggest you start with those.
rootbeer23
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 31 times
FAF User Name: root2342

Postby IceDreamer » 05 Jan 2015, 23:07

Xinnony wrote:
IceDreamer wrote:Same for you Xinnony, the sources you used to create the awesome lobby visuals would be great for the community to have access to.

Yes i have the original PSD

Would you mind making them public here? https://github.com/aeoncleanse/Art-Assets
IceDreamer
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 488 times

Postby Xinnony » 06 Jan 2015, 01:50

I not see, you have a files now, you can add :)
Xinnony
Contributor

Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 34 times
FAF User Name: Xinnony

Postby ABSTRACT » 16 Jan 2015, 20:55

I dont know the technical details, but in my experience hosting became more difficult than before
1. The difference between number of selectable spots and the real spots on the map makes it unnecessarily complicated to switch players, pls restore that.
2. I often experience that the spot by a kicked player can not be correctly taken by an observer, thats a real problem and that wasnt there before
3. Observers are sometimes not shown in the lobby, even though they are there, and causing connection problems between players. also new.
ABSTRACT

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 5 times
FAF User Name: ABSTRACT

Postby Xinnony » 16 Jan 2015, 23:05

I try to solve some problems, but we still shit above me again.
You can request on github and with a little luck instead of gun the script it will be be fixed.
Xinnony
Contributor

Postby IceDreamer » 16 Jan 2015, 23:27

Xinnony wrote:I try to solve some problems, but we still shit above me again.
You can request on github and with a little luck instead of gun the script it will be be fixed.

Xinnony your problem solving is ready to go in! :) All Chris did was take some of it from your PR and split it up for you :)

There are some bugs left still, hopefully they can all be ironed out once Sheeo's exams are over.
IceDreamer
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 488 times

Postby ckitching » 21 Jan 2015, 02:34

IceDreamer wrote:Xinnony your problem solving is ready to go in! :) All Chris did was take some of it from your PR and split it up for you :)

IceDreamer's right, you know: PRs #373 and #374 were spawned from the code review I did on your PR. #374 even includes one of your commits verbatim (unfortunately much of the rest ended up being rewritten, but with significant inspiration from your earlier work).

Xinnony wrote:I try to solve some problems, but we still shit above me again.

File a bug report, either on GitHub or on the "FAF tech support" forum here (from which it'll usually find its way to GitHub within a day), and it'll get the attention it deserves. I think we've got all the current regressions in the tracker now (and several of them fixed in trunk: hooray!)

Throwing a tantrum on the forum or, (as you did a few hours ago) closing all your bug reports on GitHub is not helpful; it just makes the rest of the team have to take time away from doing useful work to deal with it.

If you don't think Sheeo is doing an adequate job of reviewing patches, review them yourself. That is literally what GitHub is *for*. Go through them with a fine toothcomb and pick out every minuscule mistake you can find. You'd be contributing usefully to the development of the project, helping to keep the regression rate down, and helping to educate other contributors about subtleties they may have missed.
When I did this to you, you seemed to misunderstand and got angry.
ckitching

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 69 times
FAF User Name: ckitching

Postby Xinnony » 21 Jan 2015, 03:02

k.
Xinnony
Contributor

Postby Xinnony » 28 Jan 2015, 21:02

When you go to understand that he makes that some shit, that will be too late.
Given that deleted him my comments all the time, I just inform that without my check, the words which use the horizontal scrollbars would not just have more worked.
The purpose being to simplify of development in the new to develop, it fabulous to develop to prefer to delete again and again useless functions for him.
That touches no more than the maintaining lobby but all the games in itself.
He becomes worse and worse ... it is disappointing.

Edit : Too late, my two comment is removed ...
Attachments
scrn.png
scrn.png (246.58 KiB) Viewed 2755 times
Xinnony
Contributor

Postby Sheeo » 28 Jan 2015, 21:13

Xinnony wrote:When you go to understand that he makes that some shit, that will be too late.
Given that deleted him my comments all the time, I just inform that without my check, the words which use the horizontal scrollbars would not just have more worked.
The purpose being to simplify of development in the new to develop, it fabulous to develop to prefer to delete again and again useless functions for him.
That touches no more than the maintaining lobby but all the games in itself.
He becomes worse and worse ... it is disappointing.

Edit : Too late, my two comment is removed ...

You're not making sense and being counterproductive with personal attacks, so I'm deleting your comments on github to keep a high signal to noise ratio on there.

FYI your concerns were shared and adressed in this commit https://github.com/FAForever/fa/commit/1cef12aae7475a98b640af770a7343f4942caef7.
Support FAF on patreon: https://www.patreon.com/faf?ty=h

Peek at our continued development on github: https://github.com/FAForever
Sheeo
Councillor - Administrative

Has liked: 109 times
Been liked: 233 times
FAF User Name: Sheeo

PreviousNext

Return to Contributors