UI Mod Idea

Post here if you want to help developing something for FAF.

UI Mod Idea

Postby Stin » 08 Jan 2014, 16:44

Hi guys,

I have a 24" monitor I'm using as my display. I have an old 15" monitor and was hoping to use it as a permanent minimap.
I hook it up and it kind of works.

There are some issues though. If I have it to the right of my main monitor, when I move the mouse cursor to the right of the screen I expect it to scroll, but it just goes over to the small screen.

So is there a UI mod that would allow some dual monitor setup but keep the second display as a permanent minimap and all the edges of the main display as if it were the only screen?
Stin

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Re: UI Mod Idea

Postby Dragonfire » 08 Jan 2014, 21:03

I had the same problem ...
One easy solution:
zoom out move the mouse and zoom in, it is faster then scrolling at the monitor border
and you are not losing the overview :D
try it ;)
My native language is not english, please correct me, because I want to improve my skills # Resource Overview
Dragonfire
Evaluator

Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 61 times
FAF User Name: Dragonfire

Postby Nihkaeda07 » 08 Jan 2014, 21:30

I've been thinking about using two monitors while playing SupCom, one screen being the 'mini-map' and the other being my 'action screen'.

Wouldn't the split-screen function that normally comes with the FAF client work for what you're wanting?
One problem I could guess would be the UI being stretched across both screens...
But I dunno, I haven't tried it yet : P
But it sounds great, good luck with it : D!

-Nihk
Nihkaeda07
Crusader

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: Nihkaeda07

Postby Domino » 09 Jan 2014, 18:38

hey,

Fa stretched across my 2 22" screens was awesome, it was also awesome on my 3d tv, i would guess its amazing across 2 40" tv's which is next for me to try lol.
Domino
Priest

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 75 times

Return to Contributors