Mavor Accuracy Investigation

Post here if you want to help developing something for FAF.

Re: Mavor Accuracy Investigation

Postby Gorton » 17 Sep 2013, 19:31

I'd like the point out that the Yolona Oss costing 40k mass less does it's job as a game ender. It's almost impossible to stop. The Mavor, on the other hand, while destructive, is not close to how effective the Yolona is.
"who is this guy, he didnt play gpg or what?" - RA_ZLO

*FAF Moderator*
Gorton
Councillor - Moderation

Has liked: 1067 times
Been liked: 455 times
FAF User Name: Gorton

Postby jmd3au1 » 17 Sep 2013, 20:46

I have to ask: What is so wrong with 100% "vanilla" accuracy?

At 300,000 Mass, it cannot break through a below-average late-game shielding array

No shield(s) would ever hold under its fire, if it constantly delivered 11k dmg over the same area...

Also, four T3 Pgen adjacency DOES make the Mavor fire a lot faster, which makes up for inaccuracy
(_IIIIIIIIIII-Jm-IIIIIIIIIII_)
jmd3au1

Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 6 times
FAF User Name: jmd3au1

Postby IceDreamer » 18 Sep 2013, 00:27

jmd3au1 wrote:I have to ask: What is so wrong with 100% "vanilla" accuracy?

At 300,000 Mass, it cannot break through a below-average late-game shielding array

No shield(s) would ever hold under its fire, if it constantly delivered 11k dmg over the same area...

Also, four T3 Pgen adjacency DOES make the Mavor fire a lot faster, which makes up for inaccuracy

How about you go and test it? I did. It can be held off with ease. It takes over 10 hours of tanking the shells for the cost of upholding the shielding to exceed the cost of the Mavor.

Gorton wrote:I'd like the point out that the Yolona Oss costing 40k mass less does it's job as a game ender. It's almost impossible to stop. The Mavor, on the other hand, while destructive, is not close to how effective the Yolona is.

Almost impossible? Once again, test it. It's not almost impossible, it IS impossible (Under absolutely any reasonable expected conditions in any game). That weapon simply cannot be prevented from winning you the game once it begins firing without directly taking it down with forces built BEFORE the YO began firing.
IceDreamer
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 488 times

Postby Gorton » 18 Sep 2013, 01:16

I stopped yo for 30 minutes before finally taking it down : ))) (had 32 antinukes)

Edit: Was a dumb game
And yes, the YO is so good, best gameender
the mavor is worthless in comparison, and since yo is 40k mass less
you get the picture
"who is this guy, he didnt play gpg or what?" - RA_ZLO

*FAF Moderator*
Gorton
Councillor - Moderation

Has liked: 1067 times
Been liked: 455 times
FAF User Name: Gorton

Postby IceDreamer » 23 Sep 2013, 01:23

OK so I started looking at this again from the ground up. I now have the Damage modifier code testing and functional 100%. Moving onto FiringRandomness now. These two should be easier since they have no visual dependencies, which are what make DamageRadius and RateOfFire so tricky.
IceDreamer
Supreme Commander

Postby Cantor » 23 Sep 2013, 02:54

Why would you build a mavor, except when you have a paragon? T3 static arty is superior in almost every way. It has more DPS per mass, and you don't need to invest a whopping 224k+ before it even starts shooting.
Cantor

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 7 times
FAF User Name: Cantor

Postby IceDreamer » 23 Sep 2013, 03:25

Cantor wrote:Why would you build a mavor, except when you have a paragon? T3 static arty is superior in almost every way. It has more DPS per mass, and you don't need to invest a whopping 224k+ before it even starts shooting.

Exactly my point... :roll:

EDIT:

Success! I have now got FiringRandomness 100% working and polished. :D I'm so proud of myself... lulz
IceDreamer
Supreme Commander

Postby IceDreamer » 15 Oct 2013, 15:45

So yeah, my PC just killed itself, and I think I lost all my mod data :/ Life sucks right now.
IceDreamer
Supreme Commander

Postby Golol » 25 Oct 2013, 07:06

how about the mavir gets napalm burn damage?
i dont know how this would be animated but afer a shield is takig out the napalm starts destroying the shield generator.
it would be much better vs shields.
and it should be like an 6 second burn ( pretty long)
Golol
Contributor

Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 21 times
FAF User Name: Golol

Postby Domino » 25 Oct 2013, 08:48

why not just make it able it pass through shields taking them down in the process (shield cracker), increase its accuracy/firingrandomness after every shot, dont make it tracking, this will solve its problem. This makes it into a proper game ender, you could possibly make it one shot kill on all units except exp in which case it calcs damage based on some formula to have it take that exp down in x shots, and yeah give it some area damage.
Domino
Priest

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 75 times

PreviousNext

Return to Contributors