FAF UnitDB App

Post here if you want to help developing something for FAF.

Re: FAF UnitDB App

Postby Uveso » 03 Aug 2017, 03:54

Lua doc for SupCom:
http://supcom.wikia.com/wiki/Lua

Those commands are not working inside a mod. (wrong lua state)
Code: Select all
    temp = io.open("supcomUnitData.json","w+")
    temp:write(jsonString)
    temp:close()

The reason, why i am using the debug log for this is simple. I don't know a way to write files from a mod.
Uveso
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 291 times
FAF User Name: Uveso

Postby MfgSolid » 10 Sep 2017, 09:40

Does anyone know how the icons in the faforever.com unitDB were colorized or how I can get them? Else I would just try to use the icons provided on said website. The problem I´m having is that want to colorize the strategic Icons with the respective faction colors, as I only have found grey icons in the game files.

Thx in advance
MfgSolid

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 1 time
FAF User Name: MfgSolid

Postby MfgSolid » 03 Oct 2017, 08:42

Solved last post, delay of release due to personal reasons.
MfgSolid

Postby MfgSolid » 04 Oct 2017, 14:35

Update:
First success! But isn't usable at the moment due to performance issues, as well as missing detail view, shouldn't take long though. Also serious refactoring underway as well as beautifiying the app.
Attachments
Success.PNG
Success.PNG (128.58 KiB) Viewed 4065 times
MfgSolid

Postby lapantouflemagic » 05 Dec 2017, 06:55

dude, you have all my support, i like to check stuff on the database, but I've been kind of annoyed because there's like 3 or 4 of them and they don't all say the same thing.

as far as i know :

the database on the website and in the client is clearly the most understandable one, but some units are simply not present
the Github database seems the most complete one, but it's kind of hard to read and understand, and some data is different (check corsair and cormorant in both DB)
the supcom wikia database is very pleasant to use, but some data seem clearly wrong (Rhino mass cost) but i has the data for missiles which is great

and finally, there is the game lobby (restriction manager) has what seems the most accurate data since i believe it is extracted directly from game files, it has nice info such as the cost of each shot of units (did you know a T2 MML uses 1 mass per missile ?), but doesn't display a lot of other things which is troublesome.

so basically, i don't think there is any database that has all the information at once, and i'd like to see that fixed.

however, I'm not the kind of guy to just sit and say "please do it", and i'll try to see what i can do myself, but... i'm not really a programmer or anything, i have only a few bases in C++ from 8 years ago, but that's about it. i want to see how hard it is to fix the scathis anyway, so i'll check around and try to learn. If you have advice though, i'll take them !
lapantouflemagic
Crusader

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 7 times
FAF User Name: lapantouflemagic

Postby MfgSolid » 05 Dec 2017, 14:15

Update: I ran into an unexpwcted error in the app programming which kinda stopped my workflow up until now. Approximately will be resolved by the end of the year though. From then on development schedule is not yet made.
MfgSolid

Postby MfgSolid » 05 Dec 2017, 14:19

lapantouflemagic wrote:dude, you have all my support, i like to check stuff on the database, but I've been kind of annoyed because there's like 3 or 4 of them and they don't all say the same thing.

as far as i know :

the database on the website and in the client is clearly the most understandable one, but some units are simply not present
the Github database seems the most complete one, but it's kind of hard to read and understand, and some data is different (check corsair and cormorant in both DB)
the supcom wikia database is very pleasant to use, but some data seem clearly wrong (Rhino mass cost) but i has the data for missiles which is great

and finally, there is the game lobby (restriction manager) has what seems the most accurate data since i believe it is extracted directly from game files, it has nice info such as the cost of each shot of units (did you know a T2 MML uses 1 mass per missile ?), but doesn't display a lot of other things which is troublesome.

so basically, i don't think there is any database that has all the information at once, and i'd like to see that fixed.

however, I'm not the kind of guy to just sit and say "please do it", and i'll try to see what i can do myself, but... i'm not really a programmer or anything, i have only a few bases in C++ from 8 years ago, but that's about it. i want to see how hard it is to fix the scathis anyway, so i'll check around and try to learn. If you have advice though, i'll take them !

I as well know only basic stuff about C++ but have a reasonable amount of it for java which translates to C++ to a certain extent. Whenever you start your project I'll make sure to stop by in the thread.
MfgSolid

Previous

Return to Contributors