[Alpha 0.603] FA Forever Map Editor

Post here if you want to help developing something for FAF.

Re: [Alpha 0.601] FA Forever Map Editor

Postby KingKekistan » 03 Jul 2018, 19:13

I guess there are a lot questions about how this editor works and i have some too. Any here who want make a youtube video for explaining?
btw. can i give one person prebuild units?
KingKekistan
 
Posts: 1
Joined: 03 Jul 2018, 19:11
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: KingKekistan

Re: [Alpha 0.601] FA Forever Map Editor

Postby ozonex » 03 Jul 2018, 19:52

KingKekistan wrote:I guess there are a lot questions about how this editor works and i have some too. Any here who want make a youtube video for explaining?
btw. can i give one person prebuild units?

We will soon start to make some video tutorials. Right now there is only wiki and few skilled map authors who know how to use it so not be scared to ask. You can also check old video tutorials for old official map editor, idea how they work is similar.

Wiki
https://wiki.faforever.com/index.php?ti ... Map_Editor
FAF Map Editor Alpha v0.603 > Get it now!
User avatar
ozonex
Priest
 
Posts: 348
Joined: 16 Feb 2012, 20:11
Location: Poland
Has liked: 182 times
Been liked: 244 times
FAF User Name: ozonex

Re: [Alpha 0.601] FA Forever Map Editor

Postby cel00 » 03 Jul 2018, 21:06

Already searched the wiki Page but couldn't find a solution. When I want to edit a map like Astro Craters all textures get changed into red-black stripes as soon as I save the map (Only visible in-game) for half a second it said that the high difference may cause rendering problems (deep hole didn't work). Hope its okay to ask questions here.
「あなたが楽しめることを何なりと。マイマスター」
User avatar
cel00
Crusader
 
Posts: 37
Joined: 07 Apr 2013, 13:30
Location: Germany
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 1 time
FAF User Name: BlueCybrans

Re: [Alpha 0.601] FA Forever Map Editor

Postby ozonex » 03 Jul 2018, 21:21

cel00 wrote:Already searched the wiki Page but couldn't find a solution. When I want to edit a map like Astro Craters all textures get changed into red-black stripes as soon as I save the map (Only visible in-game) for half a second it said that the high difference may cause rendering problems (deep hole didn't work). Hope its okay to ask questions here.

Sounds like you have some issues with paths. Make sure you provided correct path to game installation folder in Edit/Preferences. Not sure what more can cause that behavior. What map are you trying to edit exactly?
FAF Map Editor Alpha v0.603 > Get it now!
User avatar
ozonex
Priest
 
Posts: 348
Joined: 16 Feb 2012, 20:11
Location: Poland
Has liked: 182 times
Been liked: 244 times
FAF User Name: ozonex

Re: [Alpha 0.601] FA Forever Map Editor

Postby cel00 » 03 Jul 2018, 21:33

ozonex wrote:
cel00 wrote:Already searched the wiki Page but couldn't find a solution. When I want to edit a map like Astro Craters all textures get changed into red-black stripes as soon as I save the map (Only visible in-game) for half a second it said that the high difference may cause rendering problems (deep hole didn't work). Hope its okay to ask questions here.

Sounds like you have some issues with paths. Make sure you provided correct path to game installation folder in Edit/Preferences. Not sure what more can cause that behavior. What map are you trying to edit exactly?


Astro Crater Battles
6 players, 10x10 km, v.1
「あなたが楽しめることを何なりと。マイマスター」
User avatar
cel00
Crusader
 
Posts: 37
Joined: 07 Apr 2013, 13:30
Location: Germany
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 1 time
FAF User Name: BlueCybrans

Re: [Alpha 0.601] FA Forever Map Editor

Postby ozonex » 03 Jul 2018, 21:36

cel00 wrote:
ozonex wrote:
cel00 wrote:Already searched the wiki Page but couldn't find a solution. When I want to edit a map like Astro Craters all textures get changed into red-black stripes as soon as I save the map (Only visible in-game) for half a second it said that the high difference may cause rendering problems (deep hole didn't work). Hope its okay to ask questions here.

Sounds like you have some issues with paths. Make sure you provided correct path to game installation folder in Edit/Preferences. Not sure what more can cause that behavior. What map are you trying to edit exactly?


Astro Crater Battles
6 players, 10x10 km, v.1


Don't have time right now to check it. I will send you PM tomorrow morning (European time). You can now enter faf discord and ask about that there, maybe someone will have some ideas.
FAF Map Editor Alpha v0.603 > Get it now!
User avatar
ozonex
Priest
 
Posts: 348
Joined: 16 Feb 2012, 20:11
Location: Poland
Has liked: 182 times
Been liked: 244 times
FAF User Name: ozonex

Re: [Alpha 0.601] FA Forever Map Editor

Postby Terminal » 04 Jul 2018, 00:49

I created a map today, and this is how it looked inside of the map creator.
Image

But once inside of the game it ended up looking like this.
Image

I tried playing with the lighting setting and the texture settings. If the game is launched through the map editor its a black screen, same as the preview and says "commander under attack".
Image

Here are my texture settings.

Image

Lighting settings a defult.


Help will be greatly appreciated.
User avatar
Terminal
 
Posts: 5
Joined: 11 Oct 2017, 14:57
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 1 time
FAF User Name: Terminal

Re: [Alpha 0.601] FA Forever Map Editor

Postby ozonex » 04 Jul 2018, 06:42

Terminal wrote:Help will be greatly appreciated.

You made few mistakes.

1. You should start from Lower stratum and move up from layer 1 to 2,3 etc.
2. Don't change Upper stratum if you don't know what you are doing. That layer only stores blended overall noise.
3. Looks like you assigned wrong textures as Normal Maps. Normal map is that strange looking blue (or orange) texture and it stores information about roughness of the surface for lighting. Assigning wrong textures here can cause lighting to behave in strange way.

Watch this tutorial. It's about old editor, but how these layers works is similar.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XI_q_Xk ... O5qZP&t=0s
FAF Map Editor Alpha v0.603 > Get it now!
User avatar
ozonex
Priest
 
Posts: 348
Joined: 16 Feb 2012, 20:11
Location: Poland
Has liked: 182 times
Been liked: 244 times
FAF User Name: ozonex

Re: [Alpha 0.601] FA Forever Map Editor

Postby Terminal » 04 Jul 2018, 19:06

That helped a lot.

Thank you for the help.
User avatar
Terminal
 
Posts: 5
Joined: 11 Oct 2017, 14:57
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 1 time
FAF User Name: Terminal

Re: [Alpha 0.601] FA Forever Map Editor

Postby LukeT » 04 Jul 2018, 21:38

I've been playing around with the editor and I've encountered one major issue, it may be due to me missing something thats extremely important, however, whenever I spawn units that are associated with a player (ARMY_1) ect or others team such as Neutral, they fail to spawn, or spawn, however all acus fail to spawn instead, am I missing something?
LukeT
 
Posts: 1
Joined: 04 Jul 2018, 21:32
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: LukeT

PreviousNext

Return to Contributors

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest