[Alpha 0.606] FA Forever Map Editor

Post here if you want to help developing something for FAF.

Re: [Alpha 0.508] FA Forever Map Editor

Postby Sprouto » 23 Sep 2017, 23:51

Hello ozone !

Just following up on your project.

I've started using it to do simple edits and I've encountered a couple of items I hope you can address.

- The water settings really need sliders
- Some maps which loaded with an earlier version, now tell me they don't have a valid scenario file, yet I can see no difference in the file.

Otherwise - this is 'the' editor.
Sprouto
Priest

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 74 times
FAF User Name: Sprouto

Postby cheesy_fof » 28 Sep 2017, 23:01

Hi,

I've been tinkering with maps using this program for a few weeks now and haven't had any glaring issues until earlier today.

I was editing a survival map for me and some of my friends to replace a large cliff-face/mountain with an equally large body of water.
Editing the landscape worked perfectly fine and I can add water to it fine.
The problem is when I go to test the map, there's this strange black void between the surface of the water and the terrain underneath the water.
The void in question doesn't seem to prevent one from moving deeper into the water however, as I am able to walk my commander straight though the "void", further down the slope to the bottom.

I've tried raising the ground, making the water deeper, making it shallower, changing the depth and abyss settings for the water but nothing seems to be getting rid of it.

And so I find myself here.

Any help would be appreciated :)

EDIT:
Also, while I'm here, I can't seem to create a new map from scratch.
I can edit existing maps, but when I go to create a map is creates the folder and the .lua files but doesn't create the .scmap file and just gets stuck forever doing nothing.
While it's stuck, it doesn't respond to any input, meaning I had to end the process in task manager in order to close it.
cheesy_fof

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: cheesy_fof

Postby speed2 » 28 Sep 2017, 23:29

cheesy_fof wrote:Hi,

I've been tinkering with maps using this program for a few weeks now and haven't had any glaring issues until earlier today.

I was editing a survival map for me and some of my friends to replace a large cliff-face/mountain with an equally large body of water.
Editing the landscape worked perfectly fine and I can add water to it fine.
The problem is when I go to test the map, there's this strange black void between the surface of the water and the terrain underneath the water.
The void in question doesn't seem to prevent one from moving deeper into the water however, as I am able to walk my commander straight though the "void", further down the slope to the bottom.

I've tried raising the ground, making the water deeper, making it shallower, changing the depth and abyss settings for the water but nothing seems to be getting rid of it.

viewtopic.php?f=53&t=8439
speed2
Contributor

Has liked: 636 times
Been liked: 1119 times
FAF User Name: speed2

Postby ozonex » 29 Sep 2017, 17:55

cheesy_fof wrote:EDIT:
Also, while I'm here, I can't seem to create a new map from scratch.
I can edit existing maps, but when I go to create a map is creates the folder and the .lua files but doesn't create the .scmap file and just gets stuck forever doing nothing.
While it's stuck, it doesn't respond to any input, meaning I had to end the process in task manager in order to close it.

Soon I will release next build with fix. There was some bugs there.

I'm still fighting with decals rendering, amazing how hard is to make good decal system in Unity. But I have it almost working using deferred rendering. Still fighting with gpu instancing to reduce draw calls. Cant use any good plugins, because I cant use them in open source project.
FAF Map Editor Alpha v0.605 > Get it now!
ozonex
Priest

Has liked: 197 times
Been liked: 263 times
FAF User Name: ozonex

Postby Farmsletje » 30 Sep 2017, 20:43

2 small issues

When raising terrain props on the raised terrain will automatically be snapped to land layer which is good, but when you undo the terrain raise the props will still be floating mid air and won't be undone.
Edit: It's just a visual bug: https://puu.sh/xOiKJ/00eb2396fe.jpg. Floating rocks and adjusted strata, but after i perform 1 more action it resets to normal.

Also when you have the slope view turned on and swap to another map the slope view will still be there but won't be updated:

https://puu.sh/xMKOi/731a8e1d79.png
FtXCommando wrote:
need to give him some time to blossom into an aids flower
Farmsletje
Contributor

Has liked: 383 times
Been liked: 452 times
FAF User Name: Farmsletje

Postby Zsombi » 05 Oct 2017, 13:41

Suggestion: make marker-ing less tedious. Take for example the Hazard Marker Editor, it is very easy to place and connect markers with it, and the markers are visually a lot easier to distinguish from each other too (here there is an air cross and a naval cross that look basically the same). The node chain, working with that is awful. A drag-and-drop linking method is smoother, faster, thus better.
Also would be good to have a short one liner description appear on mouse-over for each marker type so people can have an idea of which is used for what (or more like what will the AI do).
Zsombi

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 3 times
FAF User Name: Zsombi

Postby EntropyWins » 29 Oct 2017, 07:16

Really cool project!

I'm able to open a bunch of maps, though the ones I actually want to modify won't be opened by the editor. I'm running into the error attached as screenshot. This happens for both Survival Rush Pro 5 and Survival Horde EE. These maps definitely work, are in the vault, and have been played many times. The error message does not give me much to go on. Any way to get something more specific? Any ideas what might be the issue?
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (24.53 KiB) Viewed 4645 times
EntropyWins

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 4 times
FAF User Name: EntropyWins

Postby speed2 » 29 Oct 2017, 11:19

Example of the "broken" scenario file
Code: Select all
version = 5
ScenarioInfo = {
  map_version=15,
  name = 'Survival Horde EE',
  description = [[Spino-ff of the popular Survival Horde map.

You are sent on a stealth mission deep in enemy territory. The situation turns dire when the enemy finds out about your plans.
Vastly outnumbered, you start preparing for the last stand.

Works with 1-4 player (unoccupied lanes are disabled, resources are spawned according to players).

Difficulty: Pretty hard.

Survival Horde is made by Mikzau, EE changes by Entropy Wins.
]],
  type = 'skirmish',
  starts = true,
  preview = '',
  size = {512, 512},
  map = '/maps/survival_horde_ee.v0015/survival_horde_ee.scmap',
  save = '/maps/survival_horde_ee.v0015/survival_horde_ee_save.lua',
  script = '/maps/survival_horde_ee.v0015/survival_horde_ee_script.lua',
  norushradius = 80,
  Configurations = {
    ['standard'] = {
      teams = {
        {
          name = 'FFA',
          armies = {'ARMY_1', 'ARMY_2', 'ARMY_3', 'ARMY_4'},
        },
      },
      customprops = {
        ['ExtraArmies'] = STRING( 'Player ARMY_SURVIVAL_ENEMY' ),
      },
    },
  },
  norushoffsetX_ARMY_1 = 0,
  norushoffsetY_ARMY_1 = 0,
  norushoffsetX_ARMY_2 = 0,
  norushoffsetY_ARMY_2 = 0,
  norushoffsetX_ARMY_3 = 0,
  norushoffsetY_ARMY_3 = 0,
  norushoffsetX_ARMY_4 = 0,
  norushoffsetY_ARMY_4 = 0,
  norushoffsetX_ARMY_5 = 0,
  norushoffsetY_ARMY_5 = 0,
}

So first thing to notice is that the very first line must be "version = 3" and not 5

That gets us through this error, but the editor gets stucked on loading save.lua

EDIT: After checking the editor log I found this
ArgumentException: The requested value 'BlankMarker2' was not found.
  at System.Enum.Parse (System.Type enumType, System.String value, Boolean ignoreCase) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Enum.Parse (System.Type enumType, System.String value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at MapLua.SaveLua+Marker.StringToMarkerType (System.String value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at MapLua.SaveLua+Marker..ctor (System.String name, NLua.LuaTable Table) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at MapLua.SaveLua.Load () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at MapLuaParser+<LoadingFile>c__Iterator1.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

and the save.lua contains several markers of "Blank Marker 2" type
['Survival_Spawn1'] = {
          ['type'] = STRING( 'Blank Marker 2' ),
          ['position'] = VECTOR3( 13.50, 20.90, 6.50 ),
          ['orientation'] = VECTOR3( 0.00, 0.00, 0.00 ),
          ['hint'] = BOOLEAN( true ),
          ['color'] = STRING( 'ff800000' ),
          ['prop'] = STRING( '/env/common/props/markers/M_CombatZone_prop.bp' ),
        },

those are not supported by the editor, how did you make those? Placed a Blank Marker in the official editor and then edited the properties or something?

Does this load in the official editor?
Cause the editors have a templates for all marker types, like blank marker, rally point, mass etc etc... and if you change it to some custom one it fails to load it (at least ozonex' editor)

So editing the save.lua and changing the type to "Blank Marker" did the job
speed2
Contributor

Has liked: 636 times
Been liked: 1119 times
FAF User Name: speed2

Postby mr_blastman » 18 Nov 2017, 19:57

Thank you for making this!

Question: When I try and delete a marker such as a CMDR spawn, everything else breaks and I can no longer select/add/delete other markers. I'm trying to change a 8v8 map into a 8 man FFA map, and I need to delete the extra CMDR slots. Any ideas?
mr_blastman

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 5 times
FAF User Name: Mr_Blastman

Postby ozonex » 20 Nov 2017, 12:45

v0.510
- Fixed broken scenario file when saving with map name containing " ' " character
- Changed heightmap paint strength (from 0.02 to 0.005)
- Fixed props not being updated when heightmap change was undone
- All shaders now works with HDR rendering
- Changed camera FoV to 40 (from 50)
- Changed fresnel of water sun reflection
- Fixed wrong normal maps conversion of terrain stratum textures
- Added in heightmap import support for *.r16 file format (For importing from World Machine)
- Fixed disabled selection when removing selected object
- Fixed markers names refresh when undoing removed markers
- Decals now update position when changing heightmap
- Changed in decals are now saved to *.scmap
- Slope data are now refreshed after loading new map
- Editor will wait with saving map for all invoked processes to finish (delayed update of markers, props and decals)
- Editor will stop all invoked processes when loading new map
- Loading resources from custom path

v0.509
- Added new marker type: Auto path node (automatically creates land, naval and amphibious path markers)
- Importing stratum mask files from *.raw and *.bmp file
- Exporting stratum mask files as *.raw
- Visibility of stratum layer ("V" / "H" button)
- Move stratum layer up/down
- Fixed importing of heightmap *.raw file, added *.bmp format support
- Fixed exporting of heightmap
- New Decals rendering (deferred rendering + gpu instancing)
- Fixed water realtime reflections
- Fixed crash when creating new map

Build v0.509 was not posted on forum but it contained some fixes to heightmap importing/exporting. I also added there new marker type for tests: Auto Path Node. It creates automatically AI path nodes for Land, Naval and Amphibious.

Build v0.510 contains fixes for all bugs posted here from last release. Also big step forward: Decals rendering is now fully working. I created them using Deferred rendering, CommandBuffers and GPU Instancing. Editing heightmap will now not break their positions, but there are still no tools ready to move, rotate, add or remove. I'm currently working on them and they should be ready in next release.

Download
https://github.com/ozonexo3/FAForeverMapEditor/releases/tag/v0.510-alpha

FAF Map Editor Alpha v0.605 > Get it now!
ozonex
Priest

Has liked: 197 times
Been liked: 263 times
FAF User Name: ozonex

PreviousNext

Return to Contributors