[Alpha 0.523] FA Forever Map Editor

Post here if you want to help developing something for FAF.

Re: [Alpha 0.517] FA Forever Map Editor

Postby ozonex » 04 Mar 2018, 10:28

ElDiabolo wrote:Hey guys,

i wanted to try the editor but its not loading after i select a map. Ive read at the beginning that you might need a log what is in the _data folder..but i have no idea what file it is.
I have app.info; boot.config; data.unity3d;managed;resources;structure in the FAForeverMapEditor_Data folder.


From last few versions log file is in different folder:
https://wiki.faforever.com/index.php?ti ... Editor_LOG
FAF Map Editor Alpha v0.523 > Get it now!
User avatar
ozonex
Priest
 
Posts: 329
Joined: 16 Feb 2012, 20:11
Location: Poland
Has liked: 171 times
Been liked: 224 times
FAF User Name: ozonex

Re: [Alpha 0.517] FA Forever Map Editor

Postby ockey » 08 Mar 2018, 06:35

Program doesn't work on windows 32bit? Because I get error of compatibility.
ockey
Crusader
 
Posts: 14
Joined: 27 Sep 2016, 10:57
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: ockey

Re: [Alpha 0.517] FA Forever Map Editor

Postby ozonex » 08 Mar 2018, 07:13

ockey wrote:Program doesn't work on windows 32bit? Because I get error of compatibility.

Yes, it requires 64bit system and DX11
FAF Map Editor Alpha v0.523 > Get it now!
User avatar
ozonex
Priest
 
Posts: 329
Joined: 16 Feb 2012, 20:11
Location: Poland
Has liked: 171 times
Been liked: 224 times
FAF User Name: ozonex

Re: [Alpha 0.517] FA Forever Map Editor

Postby QuestionMarkNoob » 10 Mar 2018, 00:12

First of all: Thank you very much for this tool. It is truely awesome. ;)

Sadly I have a weird issue with the _scenario.lua files the editor creates. I can get into the lobby, I can select the map and the map has the correct preview.
Though when I try to start the game I actually do not get into the scenario, the FA main menu opens instead of the scenario. At this point I have tried pretty much everything.
Including: Using other versions of your editor, reinstalling FA on another drive, making the files read only, saving in the 56 format, using a non-computer-generated _scenario.lua file and using pretty much every _script.lua file there is.

The _scenario.lua your tool creates:
Spoiler: show
version = 3
ScenarioInfo = {
name = "rework_dualgap",
description = " ",
preview = '',
map_version = 1,
type = 'skirmish',
starts = true,
size = {1024, 1024},
map = '/maps/rework_dualgap/rework_dualgap.scmap',
save = '/maps/rework_dualgap/rework_dualgap_save.lua',
script = '/maps/rework_dualgap/rework_dualgap_script.lua',
norushradius = 50,
Configurations = {
['standard'] = {
teams = {
{
name = 'FFA',
armies = {'ARMY_1', 'ARMY_2', 'ARMY_3', 'ARMY_4', 'ARMY_5', 'ARMY_6', 'ARMY_7', 'ARMY_8', 'ARMY_9', 'ARMY_10', 'ARMY_11', 'ARMY_12'}
},
},
customprops = {
},
},
},
}


The script for good measure
Spoiler: show
local ScenarioUtils = import('/lua/sim/ScenarioUtilities.lua')

function OnPopulate(scenario)
ScenarioUtils.InitializeArmies()
end

function OnStart(scenario)
end
Creator of dual_gap_fix.v0001 - dual_gap_fix.v0004 and DualGap_fix_adaptive.v0005 N O T Dual Gap Adaptive v5.6 or any other versions!

PM me if you find any bugs in one of my maps.
QuestionMarkNoob
Crusader
 
Posts: 37
Joined: 02 Feb 2018, 15:55
Location: Questionmark?
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 1 time
FAF User Name: Thaumiel

Re: [Alpha 0.517] FA Forever Map Editor

Postby Sprouto » 10 Mar 2018, 23:36

Ozone - I once again wish to thank you for the extraordinary effort you have put forth on this project.

I just want to say that the entire LOUD team has now adopted your editor as the editor of choice - being able to put aside our previous multiple tools in favor of one - for all the editing needed for the project.

Sincerely thankful

Sprouto
Sprouto
Priest
 
Posts: 321
Joined: 08 Sep 2012, 05:40
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 63 times
FAF User Name: Sprouto

Re: [Alpha 0.517] FA Forever Map Editor

Postby ozonex » 12 Mar 2018, 11:48

QuestionMarkNoob wrote:First of all: Thank you very much for this tool. It is truely awesome. ;)

Sadly I have a weird issue with the _scenario.lua files the editor creates. I can get into the lobby, I can select the map and the map has the correct preview.
Though when I try to start the game I actually do not get into the scenario, the FA main menu opens instead of the scenario. At this point I have tried pretty much everything.
Including: Using other versions of your editor, reinstalling FA on another drive, making the files read only, saving in the 56 format, using a non-computer-generated _scenario.lua file and using pretty much every _script.lua file there is.

The _scenario.lua your tool creates:
Spoiler: show
version = 3
ScenarioInfo = {
name = "rework_dualgap",
description = " ",
preview = '',
map_version = 1,
type = 'skirmish',
starts = true,
size = {1024, 1024},
map = '/maps/rework_dualgap/rework_dualgap.scmap',
save = '/maps/rework_dualgap/rework_dualgap_save.lua',
script = '/maps/rework_dualgap/rework_dualgap_script.lua',
norushradius = 50,
Configurations = {
['standard'] = {
teams = {
{
name = 'FFA',
armies = {'ARMY_1', 'ARMY_2', 'ARMY_3', 'ARMY_4', 'ARMY_5', 'ARMY_6', 'ARMY_7', 'ARMY_8', 'ARMY_9', 'ARMY_10', 'ARMY_11', 'ARMY_12'}
},
},
customprops = {
},
},
},
}


The script for good measure
Spoiler: show
local ScenarioUtils = import('/lua/sim/ScenarioUtilities.lua')

function OnPopulate(scenario)
ScenarioUtils.InitializeArmies()
end

function OnStart(scenario)
end


Can you send me the map? I will take a look whats wrong.

Sprouto wrote:Ozone - I once again wish to thank you for the extraordinary effort you have put forth on this project.

I just want to say that the entire LOUD team has now adopted your editor as the editor of choice - being able to put aside our previous multiple tools in favor of one - for all the editing needed for the project.

Sincerely thankful

Sprouto

Thank you! :D
FAF Map Editor Alpha v0.523 > Get it now!
User avatar
ozonex
Priest
 
Posts: 329
Joined: 16 Feb 2012, 20:11
Location: Poland
Has liked: 171 times
Been liked: 224 times
FAF User Name: ozonex

Re: [Alpha 0.517] FA Forever Map Editor

Postby QuestionMarkNoob » 15 Mar 2018, 20:09

Never mind. The editor works properly on another device.
Creator of dual_gap_fix.v0001 - dual_gap_fix.v0004 and DualGap_fix_adaptive.v0005 N O T Dual Gap Adaptive v5.6 or any other versions!

PM me if you find any bugs in one of my maps.
QuestionMarkNoob
Crusader
 
Posts: 37
Joined: 02 Feb 2018, 15:55
Location: Questionmark?
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 1 time
FAF User Name: Thaumiel

Re: [Alpha 0.517] FA Forever Map Editor

Postby aaxlleex » 22 Mar 2018, 00:14

Are you still making progress on the ability to add civilian structures or "units" to the map?

Also, found a "bug" with the marker editor portion.
When you are on a water map and you turn off the water in order to see your markers better - place your markers and then turn the water back on.
The markers don't auto lvl back with the water.

Can you scale the markers them selves to make them larger so that they are easier to find and distinguish them from one another.

I also love the ability to delete large groups of markers, but is there a way to copy groups of markers to then place elsewhere on the map.

I wish that you would provide more marker filters, because right now the AI category covers an awful lot of category types. When you turn that category off they all go off.
Right now the AI category includes a lot of marker types that would be nice to be toggled on and off individually.
User avatar
aaxlleex
 
Posts: 9
Joined: 09 Mar 2017, 20:39
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 5 times
FAF User Name: Axle

Re: [Alpha 0.517] FA Forever Map Editor

Postby Sprouto » 22 Mar 2018, 18:33

Hello again - is there any way to visualize and change the no rush radius setting ? While it doesn't get much use - it is a valuable range checking tool when positioning markers.

I have to agree with the previous poster's comments about the markers. It's great to be able to delete large blocks of existing markers, but all the markers that are grouped under 'AI' make certain operations difficult. Perhaps the AI category could be expanded to be much like the Basic, Paths and RallyPoint sections.

I also agree - it would be wonderful if you could copy a group of markers - paste them elsewhere - and rotate them. That would dramatically speed up marking a map. While I haven't tried seeing if the markers are mirrored with the symmetry settings, in many cases, there is no symmetry to marker layouts, but just some general patterns that would be nice to recreate.

Ok - one last question - on an 81k map, what is the scale of the grid ? I had thought it would be a 1k grid - but it appears to be much smaller than that. (Nevermind this question - I just figured it out - it's Ogrids - the same unit of measurement that the game uses internally.)

Thanks again.
Sprouto
Priest
 
Posts: 321
Joined: 08 Sep 2012, 05:40
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 63 times
FAF User Name: Sprouto

Re: [Alpha 0.517] FA Forever Map Editor

Postby Sprouto » 22 Mar 2018, 22:11

Ack - sorry to be so bothersome again, but I did forget one very semi-necessary tool for map marking. The ability to generate amphibious markers by copying the land and naval markers. This one feature can save a couple of hours of work for anyone marking a map.
Sprouto
Priest
 
Posts: 321
Joined: 08 Sep 2012, 05:40
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 63 times
FAF User Name: Sprouto

PreviousNext

Return to Contributors

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest