Slow simspeed auto-kick

Moderator: keyser

Slow simspeed auto-kick

Postby E8400-CV » 09 Apr 2015, 08:23

I'd like an option for the host to specify a condition for auto-kicking laggers ingame. Like I said in my other topic; I've found that 99% of those claiming "cpu bench is bugged for me" just lie. Usually they also lie about leaving when they do lag.

And that's where this option comes in. For example; You set that if someone goes to -2 before the 20 minute mark and persists for 1 IRL minute an eject screen will appear. Only unanimous (or other amount to be set by host) vote to not eject will keep the lagger in.

Or; if someone is below 0 and constantly 2 simspeed units below the next slowest guy.
E8400-CV
Evaluator

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 32 times
FAF User Name: jcvjcvjcvjcv

Re: Slow simspeed auto-kick

Postby da_monstr » 09 Apr 2015, 12:12

Such a "feature" can only end in bitter rage wars. I fail to see how this is a good idea in any way.
Peace through superior firepower.
[Total Biscuit, comparing FA to SupCom2] "The scale and the sublime nature of the economy was ruined with Supreme Commander 2, which I absolutely despised. Oh god, I hate that game so very much."
da_monstr
Priest

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 20 times
FAF User Name: Mainstay

Postby E8400-CV » 09 Apr 2015, 12:47

Not really. It only prevents "win by lag quits"

Right now it's usually other players than the lagger that leave, throwing the game. I've even seen teammates of the lagger leave. Or arrangements being made about air players removing air cover so some lagger could be strat bombed.
E8400-CV
Evaluator

Postby Ceneraii » 09 Apr 2015, 13:00

Just kill the person with bad cpu quickly? ;p
Ceneraii

Has liked: 104 times
Been liked: 81 times
FAF User Name: Ceneraii

Postby Vee » 09 Apr 2015, 15:31

What kind of games are you playing that lag so much? I rarely have problems with lag due to bad CPUs (laggy connections is another matter), except on setons and phantom. Maybe play more 1v1 ;-) Not everyone has money to buy a good computer. If you don't want them in your games then put a rule CPU rating < X in the title and kick everyone who does not conform to that. Kicking them from an already started game is ridiculous.
Vee
Evaluator

Has liked: 275 times
Been liked: 225 times
FAF User Name: Vee

Postby keyser » 09 Apr 2015, 18:01

Yes you can already select the players you want in the game.
I don't see why we should put kick them from game automatically...
Zockyzock:
VoR is the clan of upcoming top players now
keyser
Councillor - Game

Has liked: 424 times
Been liked: 540 times
FAF User Name: keyser

Postby codepants » 09 Apr 2015, 18:27

So what you said is, "I see that people are going to lag and I know they are lying when they say they'll leave if the lag, but I let them play anyways, and then I expect somebody else to fix my problem when they lag and don't leave."

Seems like there's a much easier solution... just don't play with them.
codepants
Priest

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 54 times
FAF User Name: codepants

Postby E8400-CV » 10 Apr 2015, 00:17

Ceneraii wrote:Just kill the person with bad cpu quickly? ;p

After they are dead, they can just stay "to observe and advise team". And there's not always an admin around to deliver instant justice (kick out of FAF).

Vee wrote:What kind of games are you playing that lag so much? I rarely have problems with lag due to bad CPUs (laggy connections is another matter), except on setons and phantom. Maybe play more 1v1 ;-) Not everyone has money to buy a good computer. If you don't want them in your games then put a rule CPU rating < X in the title and kick everyone who does not conform to that. Kicking them from an already started game is ridiculous.

Setons, Ozone, Phantom, Rohan

Not everyone has money to buy a Bentley, yet that doesn't give the ones who don't the right to take it from those who have it.

Kicking when game is already started makes perfect sense. And some assholes just do it on purpose, like playing FHD Youtube in the background and putting computers in power save. They don't deserve a kick, but a ban.

keyser wrote:Yes you can already select the players you want in the game.
I don't see why we should put kick them from game automatically...

Like I said; an option to kick [..]. I'm not someone who stacks every game with players I know.

codepants wrote:So what you said is, "I see that people are going to lag and I know they are lying when they say they'll leave if the lag, but I let them play anyways, and then I expect somebody else to fix my problem when they lag and don't leave."

Seems like there's a much easier solution... just don't play with them.

No, often you can't see they are going to lag. Like yesterday with "DatLag1567" The first 10 minutes of Rohan went fine and we spend the remaining 35 minutes of the game with half the game minutes at -3 /-4 and half at 0. That's either thermal throttle or lag on purpose.

Actually, it is an option that is hugely in favor for those with bad cpu scores. Now they can be let in with a way to get ridd of them if they go laggy without having to trust their up-front promise to leave if lag.
E8400-CV
Evaluator

Postby Vee » 10 Apr 2015, 00:48

Not everyone has money to buy a Bentley, yet that doesn't give the ones who don't the right to take it from those who have it.

Actually a better analogy would be this: people who have a ferrari don't have the right to kick people who have a toyota off the road.
Vee
Evaluator

Has liked: 275 times
Been liked: 225 times
FAF User Name: Vee

Postby speed2 » 10 Apr 2015, 01:06

Vee wrote:

Actually a better analogy would be this: people who have a ferrari don't have the right to kick people who have a toyota off the road.

And since speed limit is set by host BEFORE game starts, there is nothing to discuss right? Right??
speed2
Contributor

Has liked: 636 times
Been liked: 1119 times
FAF User Name: speed2

Next

Return to FAF Suggestions