-SOLVED- ACU Upgrades are unbalanced

Moderator: keyser

-SOLVED- ACU Upgrades are unbalanced

Postby rxnnxs » 28 Aug 2013, 20:07

Just in short:
I think it is very uneven when you compare the regeneration rate in terms of veterancy and upgrades.
when you use your gun accelerator you can only gain as a cybran more hitpoints in making veterancy and/or using the backpack (cloaking).
if you chose the other way, to upgrade with tech II and III, you get instantly more HP and a better HP generation. and it is not even twice as much mass and energy you have to put in here.
when you now try to overcome the shortage in killing enemies with your better gun range and increased shots per seconds, you have to kill hundeds of enemies!
when you are lucky, you kill some dozens, but meanwhile the other tech ACU has upgraded to T3.
There is no good usage to this gun upgrade.

what do you think? i have no time to say it clearer. thanks for reading!
Last edited by rxnnxs on 13 Sep 2013, 19:47, edited 1 time in total.
rxnnxs
Priest

Has liked: 92 times
Been liked: 24 times
FAF User Name: rxnnxs

Re: ACU Upgrades are unbalanced

Postby Gorton » 28 Aug 2013, 20:15

Simply put: The tech upgrades are for building, and the hp is a side affect.
The gun upgrades are for KILLING. The hp from veterancy is a side affect.
"who is this guy, he didnt play gpg or what?" - RA_ZLO

*FAF Moderator*
Gorton
Councillor - Moderation

Has liked: 1067 times
Been liked: 455 times
FAF User Name: Gorton

Postby rxnnxs » 28 Aug 2013, 20:48

Well.. you miss my point!
Also a side effect: You can build also on the battlefield when you have a T2 ACU.
You can not walk around killing when T2 ACUs and units are running around!

But lets say you have managed it to kill 120 units (or the equivalent of that).
Now you have 15000hp and a regen rate of 33hp/s.
Now thats great! (NOT!!)

Now lets say the ACU is upgraded just for building.
With T2 you have: : 13500hp, new regen rate: 37hp/s (mass: 720, energy: 18000, buildtime: 900)
WoW!
To topple that, here is T3:
17000hp, new regen rate: 52hp/s (mass: 2400, energy: 50000, buildtime: 8400)

Now tell me how important for an ACU to build in the backyard to have THAT regen rate...

If you compare the mass and energy and buildtime of the T2 upgrade with the
LCH Microwave Accelerator (mass: 800, energy: 24000, buildtime: 800)
you see, that there is no way this is balanced.
And this upgrade is not for killing, but for losing...
Last edited by rxnnxs on 28 Aug 2013, 20:52, edited 1 time in total.
rxnnxs
Priest

Postby Gorton » 28 Aug 2013, 20:51

wth are you talking about?
The gun upgrades are for killing units. You can't compare them to the tech upgrades.
If I go gun upgrade, it is not to get vet and hp regen, it is to kill a bunch of tech1 or tech 2 units on the field. Afterwards I may get tech ups
Also I can't help but feel you are a cybran player really annoyed you can't go gun and tech 2/3 at the same time

*FAF Moderator*
Gorton
Councillor - Moderation

Postby rxnnxs » 28 Aug 2013, 20:52

they are both for the left arm. at least for cybran ACUs.
and it was made some day to cripple the cybrans a bit.. well, usually cybrans are for the front, but with this, you can not use the gun.

only at the beginning. but there the jester (gunship T1) is also there. and maybe therefore the whole cybran branch gets crippled up to the ACU.
..and the animation of the Air Factory is slowing down engie construction.
but that was just a joke, serious instead is, that the cybran maybe should get the gun upgrade overhauled. lets say it is far more expensive, but therefore it is comparable with the T2 upgrade and those Hp and regen rate. The Microwave laser gen is as an T3 equivalent already..
rxnnxs
Priest

Postby Gorton » 28 Aug 2013, 21:04

But why, what's the point?

*FAF Moderator*
Gorton
Councillor - Moderation

Postby rxnnxs » 28 Aug 2013, 21:06

Gorton wrote:wth are you talking about?
The gun upgrades are for killing units. You can't compare them to the tech upgrades.
If I go gun upgrade, it is not to get vet and hp regen, it is to kill a bunch of tech1 or tech 2 units on the field. Afterwards I may get tech ups
Also I can't help but feel you are a cybran player really annoyed you can't go gun and tech 2/3 at the same time

Yeah, so shall i appaude to this cripple thing? Maybe I should then play UEF just for this?
You can turtle nicely with UEF and also push your base forward with the shields.
And there it is possible to have the gun upgrade, the engineer tech AND a shield backpack. cool... i do NOT wanna have that. I just want to have the possibility to keep the gun upgrade and stay that way til the end. so i have an acu that regenerates (after 120 kills) as good as a engy T3 upgrade.

When you run around with your cybran acu up front and its already looong time to Tech up your ACU to tech 2, what does the one cybran player do, when he decided for the gun? go back into base or stand in front cool around and shuffle the tech? what a waste!
also, if the enemy has Tech 2 and is producing some T2 tanks for instance, the ACU does not stand a chance. when he has to withdraw, he stumbles upon the own or friendly units, making his choice of "I upgrade to kill units (until i die)", really one big laugh (for the audience. well, there is none, he will be the first observer [ok, i am talking about me right now]).
Last edited by rxnnxs on 28 Aug 2013, 21:11, edited 1 time in total.
rxnnxs
Priest

Postby rxnnxs » 28 Aug 2013, 21:10

Gorton wrote:But why, what's the point?

i say it again:
I just want to have the possibility to keep the gun upgrade and stay that way til the end. so i have an acu that regenerates (after 120 kills) as good as a engy T3 upgrade.
rxnnxs
Priest

Postby Gorton » 28 Aug 2013, 21:25

But... why?

*FAF Moderator*
Gorton
Councillor - Moderation

Postby prodromos » 29 Aug 2013, 07:30

As things are right now , an ACU with a gun upgrade is a very dangerous unit and clearly superior to an acu upgraded to T2 or T3 when we regard pure combat capability.
What makes a T2 or T3 ACU a better option overall, though, is its ability to do gardening(build point defenses).
This has nothing to do with the upgrades themselves, but with the fact that t2 and t3 point defenses (and shields maybe) are cheap enough so that you don' t care risking to build them away of your base as an offensive weapon practically.
If you want proof however go watch replays where the first upgrade of the acu is a tech upgrade.
Now, I am not completely sure if this is wrong, but it surely seems ridunculous(to quote Chris Taylor).
prodromos

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 19 times

Next

Return to FAF Suggestions