Losing intel after gifting

Moderator: keyser

Losing intel after gifting

Postby stalewee » 13 Aug 2013, 00:12

When units are gifted from one enemy to another in a team game you lose all intel on them and have to re-scout them. Is there a way that this could be avoided? At least for buildings?

It's particularly annoying when it happens while bombarding a base with tml cruisers because they often won't do as they're told when you ask them to shoot at an unidentified radar blip.
stalewee
Contributor

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 9 times
FAF User Name: stalewee

Re: Losing intel after gifting

Postby Hawkei » 13 Aug 2013, 04:12

I can think of 3 solutions:

1) Don't give intel structures.

2) Buid 2 intel structres, and give 1 at a time. Or make sure your ally has cruiers or some other means of intel coverage in the area of interest before giving.

3) Re-scout the area of interest after giving the intel structure.
Hawkei
Supreme Commander

Location: A rather obscure planet in a small cluster of stars on the outer edge of the Milky Way Galaxy
Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 182 times
FAF User Name: Firewall

Postby stalewee » 13 Aug 2013, 04:42

Sorry, to clarify:

1. You have scouted enemy A, and you have radar coverage, so you can see up to date intel of his stuff. You know what the buildings are.
2. Enemy A gifts all his stuff to enemy B (perhaps because enemy A died). All of the gifted stuff disappears momentarily, and then reappears belonging to enemy B.
3. Now you only see grey unkown radar blips for all of enemy A's gifted stuff, and you need to re-scout to identify them.

I assume the complication is to do with the way that gifting works. Does it destroy the unit and then recreate it?
stalewee
Contributor

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 9 times
FAF User Name: stalewee

Postby Hawkei » 13 Aug 2013, 05:10

stalewee wrote:Sorry, to clarify:

1. You have scouted enemy A, and you have radar coverage, so you can see up to date intel of his stuff. You know what the buildings are.
2. Enemy A gifts all his stuff to enemy B (perhaps because enemy A died). All of the gifted stuff disappears momentarily, and then reappears belonging to enemy B.
3. Now you only see grey unkown radar blips for all of enemy A's gifted stuff, and you need to re-scout to identify them.

I assume the complication is to do with the way that gifting works. Does it destroy the unit and then recreate it?

Yes, something along those lines. Giving units breaks the target ID. However, it also losses kill stats and veterancy. I'm not familiar with missile having targeting issues, I had always though that targeting works just fine. The one thing it will do is confuse targeting priorities.
Hawkei
Supreme Commander

Location: A rather obscure planet in a small cluster of stars on the outer edge of the Milky Way Galaxy
Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 182 times
FAF User Name: Firewall

Postby SC-Account » 23 Aug 2013, 22:51

No, it refuses to attack, until you rescout or ground attack. That indeed sucks and can of course also be done intentionally..
SC-Account
Evaluator

Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 77 times
FAF User Name: Tnuoccacs

Return to FAF Suggestions