T3 Transport blob

Moderator: keyser

T3 Transport blob

Postby Crotalus » 04 Jul 2013, 00:24

This is an old topic I guess:

Just played a game (Gap of Rohan) where UEF T3 Transports where used rather ingenius for controlling airspace (killing T3 bombers, ASF) and when they reached critical number they where also used as an invincible ghetto deathblob.

Quite a long game with some dead / leaving players so I'm not sure if it desyncs.

All I can say... It's not the intended use and I don't really know how to counter that? Do their AA have splash ?
Attachments
1070264-Crotalus.fafreplay
(562.87 KiB) Downloaded 94 times
Crotalus
Priest

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 102 times
FAF User Name: Crotalus

Re: T3 Transport blob

Postby ColonelSheppard » 04 Jul 2013, 00:34

One single flak and he whole getto blob goes pop.
ColonelSheppard
Contributor

Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 165 times
FAF User Name: Sheppy

Postby Crotalus » 04 Jul 2013, 00:57

Wut? The ground weapon will obliterate the flak.

I'm talking about 20+ T3 Transports in the blob
Crotalus
Priest

Postby Crotalus » 04 Jul 2013, 01:01

Ah well, I guess it was ASF fail in the end... did some testing with ASF in sandbox and it's possible to take the blob down rather easily
Crotalus
Priest

Postby ColonelSheppard » 04 Jul 2013, 01:14

flak shoots one time before it dies and takes down all mechmarines or at least a big part of them
now imagine how many flaks you can build for the prize of 100 transports
also unitlimit will get a problem with so much getthos
ColonelSheppard
Contributor

Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 165 times
FAF User Name: Sheppy

Postby Crotalus » 04 Jul 2013, 03:08

Ahhh, there wasn't any real ghettos, no LABs on them - only using the std ground attack weapon of t3 transports... I would guess it was 20-30+ of them. My acu died within some seconds
Crotalus
Priest

Postby Hawkei » 04 Jul 2013, 05:00

Of course, when we are talking of flak countering Continental transports. Flak need to be produced in sufficient numbers to achieve the desired result. If you are facing 30 transports, I suggest you would need about 20 flak units, supported with 10 mobile shields. Because of the AOE damage of flak, increased numbers will work in favour of flak. Simply put, you need MOAR.
Hawkei
Supreme Commander

Location: A rather obscure planet in a small cluster of stars on the outer edge of the Milky Way Galaxy
Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 182 times
FAF User Name: Firewall

Postby SC-Account » 04 Jul 2013, 07:54

Of course, when we are talking of flak countering Continental transports. Flak need to be produced in sufficient numbers to achieve the desired result.

NO!
The equation goes 1 Flak > T3 transports where number of T3 transports is irrelevant, at least when transports are stacked :)
I am quite sure even an ACU doesn't have to be killed by those...

ASF does well enough against transports, the problem is only that you have to guess the count of enemy transports correctly and then produce 3 ASF per transport to win the fight. If you do not have enough to win the fight, you might not even kill a single transport.
SC-Account
Evaluator

Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 77 times
FAF User Name: Tnuoccacs

Postby Hawkei » 04 Jul 2013, 09:23

SC-Account wrote:
Of course, when we are talking of flak countering Continental transports. Flak need to be produced in sufficient numbers to achieve the desired result.

NO!
The equation goes 1 Flak > T3 transports where number of T3 transports is irrelevant, at least when transports are stacked :)
I am quite sure even an ACU doesn't have to be killed by those...

ASF does well enough against transports, the problem is only that you have to guess the count of enemy transports correctly and then produce 3 ASF per transport to win the fight. If you do not have enough to win the fight, you might not even kill a single transport.

Great if it did. Are you sure? I would have thought a single mobile flak unit would be dead in 2 seconds! Thats maybe 1 maybe 2 shots. Even with full exposure to AOE. I wouldn't have thought 1 mobile flak would do it.
Hawkei
Supreme Commander

Location: A rather obscure planet in a small cluster of stars on the outer edge of the Milky Way Galaxy
Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 182 times
FAF User Name: Firewall

Postby prodromos » 04 Jul 2013, 18:00

I had seen this discussion a few weeks before, and a replay between 2 2000ish guys, that scared me about the potential of uef t3 transport . I didn't bother to check the actual balance though(i rarely do). So, sometime after that I have a 1v1 ladder game on vale of Isis with a uef guy, who insists that we play a trenches battle. This enraged me; I hate my blood when I am forced in situations like this. So at a time he decides to spam t3 transports, and I went nuts with anti-air just to punish him and to break my boredom as he had cancelled what would have been a very nice game otherwise. When he tried to invade my space I was kind of scared(the truth is) but his huge blob of 20+ transports vanished in mere seconds to my own amazement :shock: and satisfaction :twisted:
prodromos

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 19 times

Return to FAF Suggestions