2ideas 1 could be ENGYMod Alternative*edit answer = engy mod

Moderator: keyser

2ideas 1 could be ENGYMod Alternative*edit answer = engy mod

Postby qai » 06 May 2013, 17:38

!!! go idea 3 !!!
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Idea1:

Factory Upgrades.

Anti - Air Turret
Tactical Missile Launcher
Sonar Installation
Shield Generator
Torpedo Turret
Intel Installation

etc.

Idea2:(old,go idea 3)
This is potential enemy for engymod so this will be killed.
But no one will make this so not really.

Factory Veterancy.

"Factories, like all units, gain experience. Every time the factory builds a unit, it gains a bit of experience, and once it has reached the next level, units will cost less, and build faster. All the way up to level 5, where units cost 50%, and build 100% faster. However, a factory will always consume the same amount of mass per second, veterancy changes only the number of units you get out of the factory for a given amount of time and mass. This means that one has to balance production of new factories with utilization of existing factories in order to get optimal build rates. One tactic to lower the enemies production efficiently is to raid the oldest factories, which would have the highest veterancy levels. Even though he can rebuild the factory for a reduced cost, he looses the veterancy of the factory. "

maybe not the part for reduced unit cost but build speed(buildpower) yes and this would reduce need for engy assist.
no need to add/change new buildings/units, less engineers bigger army bam.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

!!! idea3 this is it = ambrosia !!!

change factory say tech1 buildrate to high vaule like 1000(nukelauncher got 1080 if you try to assist you see little/no increase)

have to change factory units build time same ratio.

so if you assist tech1 factory with 100 tech1 engineer(tech1 engy got 5 buildrate) u will see little increase and wont be worth assisting its better build new factory(100 engy cost is around 20 factory) and thats it.

no change to anything else.

but yes this removes the old way. which gives pathfinding problems and slows the game etc.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
editx9:

well those who are against it want to play the 'original' for those i would made the 'classic fa' as a mod

and this 'patch' to fix lag, slowdown, pathfinding, tech1 engyspam etc. would be the faf main mod.

but here must be faf main mod only and no 'classic' so the answer is engymod.
Last edited by qai on 07 May 2013, 00:48, edited 15 times in total.
qai

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times
FAF User Name: QAI

Re: 2 ideas and 1 could be ENGY Mod killer

Postby Pierto » 06 May 2013, 17:53

Idea 1 reminds me of Supcom 2. So no thanks please.

Idea 2 doesn't really stroke with the definition of veterancy, which is the accumulated amount of combat experience of a certain unit. A factory doesn't 'fight', so it makes no sense to give it veterancy.

I'm sorry, I'm not in on this one.
"T2 mex, I think it's a mistake! Why not do something more useful?" (RA_Zlo in a ranked 1v1 game against Yarma_Darma on Haven's Reef)
Pierto

Been liked: 6 times
FAF User Name: Pietros

Re: 2 ideas and 1 could be ENGY Mod Alternative

Postby Zock » 06 May 2013, 18:01

second idea, can't say i would really dislike it, but its a much, much bigger gameplay change then engymod. Have fun balancing this (and fight the conserative people), if that's possible at all without changing the half game.

Good luck!
gg no re

ohh! what a pretty shining link! https://www.youtube.com/c/Zockyzock
Zock
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 173 times
Been liked: 397 times
FAF User Name: Zock

Re: 2 ideas and 1 could be ENGY Mod killer

Postby qai » 06 May 2013, 18:02

Pierto wrote:Idea 1 reminds me of Supcom 2. So no thanks please.

Idea 2 doesn't really stroke with the definition of veterancy, which is the accumulated amount of combat experience of a certain unit. A factory doesn't 'fight', so it makes no sense to give it veterancy.

I'm sorry, I'm not in on this one.

idea1 answer: yes supcom2. its just suggestion and even if its from supcom2 which u didnt like(like me) doesnt mean its a bad idea. so you wasnt giving a real answer/explanation

idea2 answer: then how can u accept that the same tech2-3 level factory costs less if you have one already and u dont care about losing it because you have a hq in deep ur base which will never be destroyed unless u lost the game already, not to mention changed buildrates for almost all units and many buildings and changes to adjency bonuses

instead minor to change factories (veterancy is just an "explanation" why it builds faster), which in turn if you loose high veterancy factory you actually care about.
qai

Postby Ze_PilOt » 06 May 2013, 18:05

It's quite trivial to do if you look how mumble get the "game over" signal.

(contributor section).
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 376 times
FAF User Name: Ze_PilOt

Postby qai » 06 May 2013, 18:06

Zock wrote:second idea, can't say i would really dislike it, but its a much, much bigger gameplay change then engymod. Have fun balancing this (and fight the conserative people), if that's possible at all without changing the half game.

Good luck!

no need to worry because i cant make also wouldnt spend time to make mod.

your opinion is there but where is the reason.

but i cant agree about the scale of the change.
change factory vs change factory, almost all engineering units, add new building, change adjency bonus.
Last edited by qai on 06 May 2013, 18:13, edited 1 time in total.
qai

Postby Mycen » 06 May 2013, 18:09

qai wrote:
Factory Veterancy.

In SupCom, you pay resources for increased effectiveness/abilites. With combat units, their effectiveness increase takes the form of veterancy, with the resources you put in being attention required for micro.

What, exactly, is the resource you are putting in to gain this improvement in factory effectiveness?
Mycen
Evaluator

Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 40 times
FAF User Name: Mycen

Postby Zock » 06 May 2013, 18:14

Oh, the engymod had only one change at start too...the others were needed over time not to break anything. Its always very simple in the first concept, when you didn't struggle about all the problems balancing includes yet.

Now if i imagine how much you can break with factory veterancy...you'd propably need a lot more changes then engymod. Maybe i'm wrong, but i pity the guy who would make this mod, thinking that rien and me spent now over 4 month doing engymod, and believing that your idea would be much more balancing work then it.
gg no re

ohh! what a pretty shining link! https://www.youtube.com/c/Zockyzock
Zock
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 173 times
Been liked: 397 times
FAF User Name: Zock

Postby qai » 06 May 2013, 18:15

Mycen wrote:
qai wrote:
Factory Veterancy.

In SupCom, you pay resources for increased effectiveness/abilites. With combat units, their effectiveness increase takes the form of veterancy, with the resources you put in being attention required for micro.

What, exactly, is the resource you are putting in to gain this improvement in factory effectiveness?

veterancy is just an "explanation" why it builds faster, also your factories are really "HQ's" you would actually care about loosing them.
Last edited by qai on 06 May 2013, 18:24, edited 2 times in total.
qai

Postby qai » 06 May 2013, 18:18

Zock wrote:Oh, the engymod had only one change at start too...the others were needed over time not to break anything. Its always very simple in the first concept, when you didn't struggle about all the problems balancing includes yet.

Now if i imagine how much you can break with factory veterancy...you'd propably need a lot more changes then engymod. Maybe i'm wrong, but i pity the guy who would make this mod, thinking that rien and me spent now over 4 month doing engymod, and believing that your idea would be much more balancing work then it.

it is possible, but this wasnt broken in supcom2 which is a sequel to this game(similar/same units just less) and the changes where resource gathering and research which we dont touch/have.

you take this as an attack to your person(in reality its not) but try to see trough that.

and i wouldnt even think about pitying the guy/s who spent 4 months on something when someone got an other/better idea.
Last edited by qai on 06 May 2013, 18:28, edited 1 time in total.
qai

Next

Return to FAF Suggestions