Post game lobby

Moderator: keyser

Re: Post game lobby

Postby Golol » 06 May 2013, 17:36

why? its usal in many games.
you dont have to see it like that you automatically get moved in a lobby but you stay in the lobby.
you are basically in the lobby the whole game and after it everyone is just still in it.
there could even be a feature that people can join a lobby that is playing right now.
and after a game is finished everyone can join and leav the lobby.
once you have set up a lobby you can do like 4 team games in 1-2 hrs
Golol
Contributor

Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 21 times
FAF User Name: Golol

Postby Pierto » 06 May 2013, 17:59

I also think a post-game lobby is a good idea. Talking on aeolus about a game is not easy. The conversation gets drowned by other people chatting. And if you were afk for 1 min, u have to scroll up and search if any of your team mates said anything about the game, which means you have to remember their name.

Mumble also crashes my client. So I have never been able to use it.

Possibly the easiest way is the automatic creation of an IRC channel and auto-join after the game. Also, it can be easily closed/ignored if you don't wanna be in the post-game chat. I might even have a look at it myself. Where can I find the source-code of the FAF client again? :)
"T2 mex, I think it's a mistake! Why not do something more useful?" (RA_Zlo in a ranked 1v1 game against Yarma_Darma on Haven's Reef)
Pierto

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 6 times
FAF User Name: Pietros

Postby Hascins » 06 May 2013, 18:58

oc maybe that feature wouldn't be used....it would be pointless for 1v1 e.g. ;)

yeah....if you'd ask me, i would have voted "no" for any voice chat integration...most of the people do know the people they like and want to talk to.... and they'll find a way to voice chat anyhow. in addition i had my issues with mumble, too...maybe thats why its rarely used...idk
Hascins
Contributor

Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 24 times
FAF User Name: Hascins

Postby Pierto » 08 May 2013, 01:25

So I wrote my first piece of FAF code today that enables this post-game chat: after exiting a game, a new channel is created with the name of the replay id and everybody that exits the game will auto-join this channel. I would like to test this with somebody: any volunteers?
"T2 mex, I think it's a mistake! Why not do something more useful?" (RA_Zlo in a ranked 1v1 game against Yarma_Darma on Haven's Reef)
Pierto

Postby eXcalibur » 08 May 2013, 13:52

- ignore this post -
eXcalibur
Priest

Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 3 times
FAF User Name: eXcalibur

Postby Hascins » 08 May 2013, 14:52

what's that?
Hascins
Contributor

Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 24 times
FAF User Name: Hascins

Postby RoundTabler » 13 May 2013, 01:02

Pierto wrote:So I wrote my first piece of FAF code today that enables this post-game chat: after exiting a game, a new channel is created with the name of the replay id and everybody that exits the game will auto-join this channel. I would like to test this with somebody: any volunteers?

How would one go about becoming a tester?
Avantgarde: bug reports go to you [zep] via PM?
Ze_PilOt_: no
Ze_PilOt_: never.

Ze_PilOt: FA is not about being in a comfort zone all the time.
I think the game you want to play is Starcraft 2.
RoundTabler
Contributor

Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 1 time
FAF User Name: RoundTabler

Postby Pierto » 13 May 2013, 03:29

I think there are two ways:

1) you install Python on your system as well as all the required modules to build the FAF client (Python 2.6/2.7 32 bits, PyQt4 with QT 4.7.2, Python Win32Api, Numpy/Scipy, Python matplotlib, FreeImagePy, bsdiff). Then you make an account on bitbucket. I can then share my repository with you, allowing you to download my code and test it.

2) I make a build of my version of the FAF client and give you all the files required to run it. However, I'm not sure if this will run on your system and be compliant with the existing install of FAF. So I Prefer method 1.

Zep, are there any other ways to include other people in testing?
Pierto

Previous

Return to FAF Suggestions