Add These Xbox Exclusive units to FAF NOW!

Moderator: keyser

Add These Xbox Exclusive units to FAF NOW!

Postby A_vehicle » 22 Apr 2013, 03:44

The xbox 360 edition of supcom had a T3 artillery defense unit for the UEF, a T1 stealth spy sub for the cybran, and a T1 gatling mortar station for the Aeon, that were never added to FA. Someone should import them, their models, and their stats to FAF.

Aspire Jacobs wrote:Here you go...pics from tech tree and descriptions from one of our producers here at Aspyr

UEF receives a Tech 3 Artillery Defense Grid. The stationary "A.D.G." is expensive to build but includes an integrated threat identification and tracking system.

The Cybran get the "Sleeper," a Tech 1 spy submarine that gives the faction a superior early game intelligence gathering option.. While unarmed, the "Sleeper" has stealth capabilities and is protected by anti-torpedo flares.

Finally, the Aeon receive a Tech 1 mortar station called "Offering." This Gatling-mortar launcher fires high-explosive concussion shells with a good degree of accuracy.

I think most people will welcome these units to FAF because it will add some new units to the game that were developed by GPG themselves.

I have spent years looking for their models and such and have been unable to find them online. If someone who owns an xbox has the game and can export their stats, and then send them to me, that would be AMAZING. They don't have to be added to FF necessarily, as just getting them out on the internet would bring my long, fruitless search to an end.
Typical Voodoo Edition Map Dialog:
Master_lee wrote:Varaxis ist loser vote all my maps 1 !!! he cant make maps noob go home !!!!!!

Padfoot141 wrote:Terrible map. Spawn with 6 commanders and there are civillians with fatboys.

Master_lee wrote:Padfoot141 go home loser ! go play thermo !
A_vehicle

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times
FAF User Name: A_vehicle

Re: Add These Xbox Exclusive units to FAF NOW!

Postby AaronD » 22 Apr 2013, 06:01

I do have this for the Xbox, and it's honestly not to bad. There are actually more exclusive units than just what's been mentioned here. The Anti-artillery shield is BIG. It can easily cover an entire base. The "offering" sucks, and it would really need a boost in damage and fire rate to be anything worth building.

The xbox version technically is better in some aspects then FAF it's self. While it suffers from even worse lag, it is an updated version of FA. It has an improved AI and MUCH improved path-finding system. Seriously, the path-finding system is a shit load better on the xbox. I wish that could be ported to FAF. While the anti-artillery shield is supposed to only protect from artillery, it also blocks missiles and battleship fire.
AaronD
Crusader

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: AaronD

Postby dstojkov » 22 Apr 2013, 11:55

Did they change the engine while porting on xbox ? It could be a good thing to take a closer look at it

For the new unit we need the blueprint to be able to add it !! can you post it in a zip or something like that ?
Last edited by dstojkov on 22 Apr 2013, 11:58, edited 1 time in total.
dstojkov
Evaluator

Been liked: 24 times

Postby Ze_PilOt » 22 Apr 2013, 11:57

Why ? You have a XBOX decompiler or a Xbox to Intel converter ?
You should sell it, game developers spend a lot of money to port things back and forth !
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 376 times
FAF User Name: Ze_PilOt

Postby dstojkov » 22 Apr 2013, 12:03

Ze_PilOt wrote:Why ? You have a XBOX decompiler or a Xbox to Intel converter ?
You should sell it, game developers spend a lot of money to port things back and forth !

While I worked for Crytek I took a look the the Xbox team for porting the game they had some special tools afforded to make it easier ... Indeed I have to make some investigation ...
dstojkov
Evaluator

Been liked: 24 times

Postby Ze_PilOt » 22 Apr 2013, 12:07

Make it easier if you have the source code :)

Converting compiled code is nearly impossible, emulating it is. There is no XBOX 360 emulator so far, and I don't think it would be marvelous to play FA on that :)
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 376 times
FAF User Name: Ze_PilOt

Postby Culverin » 22 Apr 2013, 12:08

Cool beans, that'd be awesome, but do anything sketchy and get a legal hailstorm coming down on FAF.
I would like to see this community around for a long, long time.
Culverin
Crusader

Been liked: 4 times

Postby Golol » 22 Apr 2013, 20:29

hmm.
if the mortar is becoming useful then there would be a big balance problem again because cybran would have a disadvantage on land maps.
that will lead to a lot of crying and a wave of balance changes and that would be... annoying.
so just implementing new units doesnt easily work if 1 faction gets a shield the other one a arty and the 3rd one a naval unit.
you can say that the cybran submarine is just as useful as the mortar or the shield but on a landmap they cant use it.
So implementing these units would propably cause a lot of things to be rebalanced...
Golol
Contributor

Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 21 times
FAF User Name: Golol

Postby Veta » 09 May 2013, 22:37

because UEF turtle isn't strong enough x)

with some balancing it's not a bad idea though
FA is a game of economic micromanagement (what StarCraft players mistakenly call 'macro') and tactical trumping (e.g. T2 PD countering T1 Spam).
Veta

Been liked: 0 time

Postby Ato0theJ » 09 May 2013, 22:44

Did the little unit pack include any units for phim? I used to have the xbox version, but I'm not sure where it went.
Ato0theJ
Contributor

Has liked: 41 times
Been liked: 1 time
FAF User Name: AJ

Next

Return to FAF Suggestions