coloured allies in score!

Moderator: keyser

coloured allies in score!

Postby Myxir » 25 Mar 2013, 14:28

coloured allies in score

this mod is inspired by lazyshare, which was colouring your allies in the scoreboard with the same orange as the player has, but also adding an index to know which of those you are.
the colour of your allies was changed to red, also none of the other lazyshare features are in this mod (ressource sharing, unit sharing)

just needs few lines of code (in the _OnBeat function)

Code: Select all
   elseif GetFocusArmy() ~= -1 and IsAlly(GetFocusArmy(), index) then
   line.name:SetColor('FFFF4500') 
        line.score:SetColor('FFFF4500')
        line.name:SetFont(UIUtil.bodyFont, 12)
        line.score:SetFont(UIUtil.bodyFont, 12)

install:
easiest way is to simply download the mod from the FAF mod vault

if you want the other lazyshare functions aswell,
check this modified version for FAF: viewtopic.php?f=41&t=4739
Attachments
score.zip
extract it
(4.66 KiB) Downloaded 138 times
Last edited by Myxir on 07 Mar 2014, 10:45, edited 6 times in total.
Unhappy with balance http://i.imgur.com/q5G2BlM.png
Myxir
Evaluator

Has liked: 94 times
Been liked: 306 times
FAF User Name: Washy (irc)

Re: allied score colours

Postby Eukanuba » 26 Mar 2013, 14:01

Yes, one of my major problems with large team games is remembering who's on my team, and this would help.

Ideally there would be an option to have all teammates shades of your own colour, and all opponents shades of a different colour. I know there's a built in option to have you blue, allied green and enemy red, but this doesn't allow differentiation between which player controls what, and this is often a consideration when deciding where to attack.
Eukanuba
Priest

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: Eukanuba

Postby eXcalibur » 26 Mar 2013, 14:34

in patch 3222 there were some changes made to the score panel:
Score panel font is smaller to display more infos (rating,…)
Score panel is wider for the same reason.
Score is truncated for more visibility (20.000 will show as 20k)

all changes but one are great. the panel should not have been made wider. now there is too much useless space in it!
unless the useless space will get used by galactic war, can this change be undone???

Eukanuba wrote:Ideally there would be an option to have all teammates shades of your own colour, and all opponents shades of a different colour. I know there's a built in option to have you blue, allied green and enemy red, but this doesn't allow differentiation between which player controls what, and this is often a consideration when deciding where to attack.

this does not matter, because the faction symbol in front of all the names is in their player color. therefore, it does not matter which color the player names are. the only important thing is to change it change it when the player dies.
Last edited by eXcalibur on 26 Mar 2013, 15:06, edited 1 time in total.
eXcalibur
Priest

Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 3 times
FAF User Name: eXcalibur

Postby Eukanuba » 26 Mar 2013, 14:50

eXcalibur wrote:
Eukanuba wrote:Ideally there would be an option to have all teammates shades of your own colour, and all opponents shades of a different colour. I know there's a built in option to have you blue, allied green and enemy red, but this doesn't allow differentiation between which player controls what, and this is often a consideration when deciding where to attack.

this does not matter, because the faction symbol in front of all the names is in their player color. therefore, it does not matter which color the player names are. the only important thing is to change it change it when the player dies.

I meant the colour of their icons and units. But I didn't make that clear. :-)
Eukanuba
Priest

Has liked: 1 time
FAF User Name: Eukanuba

Postby pip » 26 Mar 2013, 15:30

eXcalibur wrote:all changes but one are great. the panel should not have been made wider. now there is too much useless space in it!
unless the useless space will get used by galactic war, can this change be undone???

On the contrary, there is now enough space to properly display long nicknames and the rating of the players. It's cleaner that way.
As for having team names in the same colour in the scoreboard, it's a very good idea, especially when you play a 3v3 or 4v4.
pip
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 191 times
Been liked: 86 times
FAF User Name: pip

Postby eXcalibur » 26 Mar 2013, 16:45

yes there is space for a player name with 30 characters (10 times your name or 4 times my name) plus his/her rating...this is probably longer than the server name can be.

the only way it makes sense is to display clan tags as well as the name and the rating...
e.g. [LongClanTag]name_name_name [2500]
Last edited by eXcalibur on 26 Mar 2013, 16:48, edited 1 time in total.
eXcalibur
Priest

Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 3 times
FAF User Name: eXcalibur

Postby Ze_PilOt » 26 Mar 2013, 16:47

Clans will come soon. And GW avatar names are long.
Also, replays show mass & energy, that take space too.
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 376 times
FAF User Name: Ze_PilOt

Postby Veta » 08 Apr 2013, 16:08

I also liked how allies were numbered in LazyShare - obviously it was necessary to know who you were giving units to as well.

Integrating lazyshare would be pretty nice.
FA is a game of economic micromanagement (what StarCraft players mistakenly call 'macro') and tactical trumping (e.g. T2 PD countering T1 Spam).
Veta

Has liked: 0 time

Return to FAF Suggestions