Aeon... we need to do something!

Moderator: keyser

Aeon... we need to do something!

Postby Destructor » 19 Mar 2013, 20:33

i'm brazilian... sooo, sorry by my english!

Usualy AEON are soo unbalanced against other factions.
Everyone Smart player is using SERAPHIN or UEF... few times CYBRAN.

Why AEONS are actualy a piece of shit?

No ones are using aeons to play, weak ACU (No GUN range with T2 at same time).
UEF and Seraph can kill Thousands auroras when they have GUN, easily
Bombers T1 kill a lot of auroras with a single shot. 4-7 tanks easily
Any small firebase kills a large troop of auroras.
Shields T2 were nerfed, impossible to make a good firebase with that t2 shields.
Other factions Artys kill auroras easily (low HP)
His t1 mobile arty is a piece of shit against other troops

I think AEONs must be have some improvements... He is the worst faction on TEAM GAMES.

DESTRUCTOR BALANCE suggestions:

Aeon T1 Land Scout: his weapon have less range than auroras (25 scout, 26 auroras), sooo is very common this fucking scout in front of battle, dying and u loosing your radar, he should be back of auroras, a good improvement is change his weapon to 29 from 25
Aeon AAt1 mobile must be improved... Less cost or more damage or half time to build. (to compensate easy kill of enemy bombers, his aat1 must be better)
Artyt1 mobile must have a little area damage, 1 from 0.5,
or... his muzzle speed can be changed, 50 from 30. actualy he is complety useless against troops, don't hit any unit.

OBS: I need to remember... SERAPHINS ARE SOOOOOOOOOO OVERPOWERED ON T2 UNITS. it's completly wrong.
Better shields, better regen shield rate, shields with large area, shields can be upgraded, high hp of his shield structure also better t2 tank (high HP, firerate and range =26, more than auroras).
http://www.faforever.com/faf/unitsDB/un ... 02,URB4202
Just take a look.

T2 changes for aeons:
T2 shields should be a little more large area protection, 22-23 from 20, better HP structure 250 from 150, it's soo hard to protect other shield using shields, his area are soo small to a defensive faction, must be changed.
Aeon T2 Heavy Tank, Obsidian: Great unit, but his low firerate turns him in a uneless unit, low range but high cost in comparison of other t2 tanks, and a couple of this tanks shoots at same target at same time. WASTING DPS in nothing, let's change fire cycle, 2 from 4 seconds, damage 240 from 480, range 24 from 20.
http://www.faforever.com/faf/unitsDB/un ... 02,URL0202
Blaze: he is good
Aeon T2 Mobile Shield Generator: just need 120hp from 100... he die with a single ACU shoot, it's wrong, should be 2!

Aeon T3 Heavy Assault Bot: His personal shield size should be changed to 3.5 from 2.5, and range 30 from 28 (percival and Bricks have 35, more than a gun upgrade of ACUs) this change will help to protect better other units, i think a good suggestion.

TIP FOR ALL SHIELDED UNITS AND ALL FACTIONS.
It's common u click to attack any unit and the shields are stooped because they don't recognize attack move.
Sooooo... to FIX this problem, for mobile shields, and stealth generator (cybran), let's made a "INVISIBLE WEAPON with "1" DAMAGE" to shields (range equals units), sooo, the SHIELDS will move togheter the main troops.

--------------------
Now... let's nerf AEON MERCIES.

2300 Damage is sooo high damage for a t2 unit. CYBRAN BOMBER T3 does 2500.
my suggestion, 1750 damage, and his target is the local position before his "mutation"... sooo, if u are running back, u will take a damage from area damage, not because he persuit the target even after his transformation.
bomber miss shoots, units miss shoots, EXP miss, mercies should be the same.

Thx for your patience!!! srry by my english
I really waiting for logical arguments to nerf ACUs.
Destructor

Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 24 times
FAF User Name: BRS_DESTRUCTOR

Re: Aeon... we need to do something!

Postby Ionic » 19 Mar 2013, 20:45

Aeon are easily the most played race in team games, auroras are also great for firebases because of their range. 10 or so auroras with some T2 PD is quite nasty.

I can't speak on 1v1 because I don't have time to be good at it.
Last edited by Ionic on 19 Mar 2013, 23:03, edited 1 time in total.
Ionic

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 14 times
FAF User Name: Ionic

Postby Golol » 19 Mar 2013, 21:16

I play aeon a lot and i disagree on everything.
okay, the t1 arty is weak, but its supposed to be good against other buildings. you dont need the aeon arty when you have aurora.
the obsidian is fine. its a t2 slayer. against t1 its weak.
as i already said, the blaze needs a buff in my opinion but whatever.
the t3 assault bots shield is not really supposed to protect other units.
why not give him a personal shield? i think gpg realized you barely see the shield on the thin legs of the harbinger and it would look stupid so they gave him a small surrounding shield.
i think the shieldgenerator change is actually okay.
@lonic
with factions being played its a bit strange.
i was always on the border between uef and aeon and when it felt like noone was playing the aeon at all and cybran was the most used race i switched to aeon.
now i feel like everything is balanced again. all races are used in the same amount oO
Golol
Contributor

Been liked: 21 times
FAF User Name: Golol

Postby Destructor » 19 Mar 2013, 22:59

Golol wrote:I play aeon a lot and i disagree on everything.
okay, the t1 arty is weak, but its supposed to be good against other buildings. you dont need the aeon arty when you have aurora.
the obsidian is fine. its a t2 slayer. against t1 its weak.
as i already said, the blaze needs a buff in my opinion but whatever.
the t3 assault bots shield is not really supposed to protect other units.
why not give him a personal shield? i think gpg realized you barely see the shield on the thin legs of the harbinger and it would look stupid so they gave him a small surrounding shield.
i think the shieldgenerator change is actually okay.
@lonic
with factions being played its a bit strange.
i was always on the border between uef and aeon and when it felt like noone was playing the aeon at all and cybran was the most used race i switched to aeon.
now i feel like everything is balanced again. all races are used in the same amount oO

I play 8 - 10 matches every day with 1500+ rating guys.
I have more than 3000 matches, trust me when I say, AEON is the worst faction actualy, it's RARE players playing with them!
I really waiting for logical arguments to nerf ACUs.
Destructor

Been liked: 24 times
FAF User Name: BRS_DESTRUCTOR

Postby ColonelSheppard » 20 Mar 2013, 00:51

lol at this
ColonelSheppard
Contributor

Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 165 times
FAF User Name: Sheppy

Postby Nombringer » 20 Mar 2013, 10:33

ColonelSheppard wrote:lol at this

*Laughs

Seriously maybe aeon coul duse use one or two minor buffs, but not much.

The problem is that they are one of the two 'harder to play' races, and cybran seems to be really trending at the moment, so they seem somewhat underused.
BC_Blackheart: i just copy his shit and do it 5% better leads to easy win usually xD

Need help? Are you a new player? Feel free to message me any time in the lobby :) Lessons may cost a portoin of your soul.... (Noms are included but not guaranteed)
Nombringer
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 210 times
Been liked: 65 times
FAF User Name: Nombringer

Postby pip » 20 Mar 2013, 11:31

Aeon will be buffed in 3622 : t1 bombers will drop more reliably, and aurora will be less stuck while kiting. These two buffs alone are very important for t1 and t2 gameplay. You can stun t2 units with t1 bombers, it's a great tool for instance to immobilize Hoplites or Ilshavoh so that your ACU can overcharge them, or your tanks catch up with them.

As for t3 gameplay, Aeon SCU weapon upgrade will be considerably buffed, becoming a perfect complement to Harbingers.
pip
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 191 times
Been liked: 86 times
FAF User Name: pip

Postby ZaphodX » 20 Mar 2013, 18:30

Destructor wrote:No ones are using aeons to play, weak ACU (No GUN range with T2 at same time).

Same as cybran. Still get double fire upgrade with t2 which is nice.

Destructor wrote:UEF and Seraph can kill Thousands auroras when they have GUN, easily

Aeon Commander is better than UEF at killing t1 spam and has more range than both. Also excellent at repelling enemy comm with gun upgrade.

Destructor wrote:His t1 mobile arty is a piece of shit against other troops

But it's devastatingly accurate. It has it's uses and makes for nice faction diversity.

I disagree with most of what you said. I think the Aeon buffs in 3622 are going to make Aeon more than powerful enough anyway.
ZaphodX
Contributor

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: TAG_ZaphodX

Postby Golol » 20 Mar 2013, 19:15

well with the patch i dont see much buff coming.
mostly just bugs get fixed (aurora movement, aeon bomber)
although i agree the aeon does not need much buff. just a tiny bit on t2 maybe
Golol
Contributor

Been liked: 21 times
FAF User Name: Golol

Postby Voodoo » 20 Mar 2013, 19:25

Aeon is a realy strong faction, maybe the strongest. The problem is that it's super hard to play them.
I don't think we need a change here.
Voodoo

Has liked: 251 times
Been liked: 344 times
FAF User Name: Voodoo

Next

Return to FAF Suggestions