Improve the map vault

Moderator: keyser

Improve the map vault

Postby Arkansas » 30 Jan 2013, 16:16

I have been playing with the map vault over the last few days and have found a few things I would like to see updated.

Firstly it would be really nice to be able to either delete old maps from the vault (to reduce clutter/people downloading the wong versions) or update old maps.

Secondly it would be great if the uploaders name could be placed under the maps in the vault, its not a vanity thing its just so its possible to contact the user about any problems.

Thirdly make it impossible to rate maps without playing or downloading them. I find it pretty annoying that some guy goes and rates a map I made 1* without even trying it (can tell as there were more ratings than downloads and 0 plays at that point).

Finally it would be nice if each time maps are uploaded the preview images could be deleted and remade as sometimes these are slightly out of date if you have been working on the map across multiple versions (not being native windows file formats you may not notice until its too late).

Thanks for reading!
Last edited by Arkansas on 31 Jan 2013, 12:54, edited 1 time in total.
Arkansas

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time
FAF User Name: Arkansas

Re: Improve the map vault

Postby ColonelSheppard » 30 Jan 2013, 23:46

thats no really a improve but more a "spring-cleanup"
would not be bad
ColonelSheppard
Contributor

Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 165 times
FAF User Name: Sheppy

Re: Improve the map vault

Postby eXcalibur » 31 Jan 2013, 00:36

the redesign of the UI suggested by prince (look at the picture) would be an improvement: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1619

but a cleanup of old maps is even more important.
eXcalibur
Priest

Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 3 times
FAF User Name: eXcalibur

Return to FAF Suggestions