Integrated VOIP

Moderator: keyser

Re: Integrated VOIP

Postby eXcalibur » 16 Jan 2013, 05:17

the problem is not making 2 clicks, but that (a significant amount of) others do not make those 2 clicks as well.
why?
do we want to change this or should we shut the teamspeak server down?
why was the teamspeak server started in the first place?

this is what i want to talk about.

@ColonelSheppard:
why are there featured mods? are people too lazy to download a small file and install it before they can play a game?
why is there a map vault? are people too lazy to download them and to put them manually in the right folder before joining a game?
eXcalibur
Priest

Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 3 times
FAF User Name: eXcalibur

Postby ColonelSheppard » 16 Jan 2013, 07:41

forcing people into voip would be ridicolous
if you want people to join TS, tell them
ColonelSheppard
Contributor

Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 165 times
FAF User Name: Sheppy

Postby Ze_PilOt » 16 Jan 2013, 09:06

eXcalibur wrote:the problem is not making 2 clicks, but that (a significant amount of) others do not make those 2 clicks as well.
why?
do we want to change this or should we shut the teamspeak server down?
why was the teamspeak server started in the first place?

this is what i want to talk about.

@ColonelSheppard:
why are there featured mods? are people too lazy to download a small file and install it before they can play a game?
why is there a map vault? are people too lazy to download them and to put them manually in the right folder before joining a game?

If you have donated for the indiegogo campaign (it's not too late), you will be able to vote and propose new functions for FAF. I will then make a priority list (probably vote some too), and implement what I have the time to implement.
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 376 times
FAF User Name: Ze_PilOt

Postby Fiete_F_F » 16 Jan 2013, 11:24

Ze_PilOt wrote:
If you have donated for the indiegogo campaign (it's not too late), you will be able to vote and propose new functions for FAF. I will then make a priority list (probably vote some too), and implement what I have the time to implement.

Lucky I donated and surely I would/will vote for such an option.

I visited the TS frequently and Sheppard is right, only very few players are using it. And some doesn´t have the equipment, some have restrictions in loudness (my family wants to sleep when I play, but i need to hear the kids...), and some like just the privacy...anyway, I can assume that an easy access to such an option would increase the number of players using it in team-games, I would like it.
And to let the user vote for it is the right idea to find out, if this should be targeted by the developer(s).

Greetings
Fiete_F_F
Contributor

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: Fiete_F_F

Postby discoverer2k4 » 16 Jan 2013, 13:03

well, I think the idea I had is not applicable for all users. If an "auto-join" script connects you to the faforever teamspeak while the game is starting you can have the case people are already inside another teamspeak server with some other friends... they will be immediately disconnected from their server.

better and easier solution maybe (if people really need this -.-):
the host can decide if he wants to enable teamspeak and the ts server he wants to use is shown as link under the game title.
Everyone who wants to participate can click on the link of the ts server and join it.

the parameter screen if you create a game as a host shows the option to enable teamspeak and/or a input box for an own server (for example under the game title). Or make it automatically like above mentioned - let people connect through this to the faforever ts server in a gameID-channel.

But really :)!? Who needs this? If one is not able to communicate in the gamelobby and ask people to join ones teamspeak server - one is not able to communicate anyway (or too lazy) ...

but the teamspeak address of faforever could be advertised maybe somewhere on the find game site.
Or put it directly under the featured mods list - so people can click on it and connect with the server.

don't let us force and annoy pilot with this irrelevant things guys ;) look forward to the galactic war!
ranking :
~1500 global / ~1100 ladder
~1100 games / ~ 400 games
discoverer2k4
Contributor

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: discoverer2k4

Previous

Return to FAF Suggestions